Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has NIcehash been hacked?  (Read 1878 times)
404Revolution

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

Not Found

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:00:19 AM

No, but they did rob their customers and claim they were hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptojedi

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:42:29 AM

I think they will come back. Maybe offer users no fee for a long, long period of time to recover this loss.
That service was so widely used and I don't think they ll give up on that. Just wait and see, they did say 24 hours.
404Revolution

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

Not Found

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:52:38 AM

I think they will come back. Maybe offer users no fee for a long, long period of time to recover this loss.
That service was so widely used and I don't think they ll give up on that. Just wait and see, they did say 24 hours.

Sorry to say I've been mining since 2013 and i've never seen a "hacked" pool return funds.

grossiwm

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:57:19 AM

It is not only Nicehash, but hashflare.io is also about of service. Could it be related?
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

Only simpleminded people will only believe that this mining service got hacked, its simple that they run and steal the funds from their user. And don't expect they will operate again or refund. This is not new, most mining services did this same like hashocean when the Bitcoin price increased.
So move on, but wait hashflare will be the next in line, anyway those small time investor cant afford to withdraw their funds there since hashflare set their minimum withdraw to a huge one.  
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:56:33 AM

Sorry to say I've been mining since 2013 and i've never seen a "hacked" pool return funds.

They will not surely cameback since how could they refund the funds of their investors for this matter? The what so called hack amount is big and that is totally made the nicehash became emptied and I think this scenario can make their business closed, But we should be more optimistic on the other side since theirs also a possibilities that maybe they are decide to scam their investor since they've see that the price of bitcoins soar high and their operation is not profitable for theirselves.

It is not only Nicehash, but hashflare.io is also about of service. Could it be related?

Well maybe and if hashflare gone well a huge lose for all of the investor who believe on both legit cloudmining site wanna be.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:02:57 AM

Oh no, sorry Nicehash users. However you should have not been investing in cloudmining in the first place. The profit gained is more advantageous to the operator than the user.

Having said that, is anyone expecting a twist in the story? All it needed was one heinous employee to execute the "hack".

Piss off you twat, it's a mining pool.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:16:50 AM

Oh no, sorry Nicehash users. However you should have not been investing in cloudmining in the first place. The profit gained is more advantageous to the operator than the user.

Having said that, is anyone expecting a twist in the story? All it needed was one heinous employee to execute the "hack".

No, they also sold hashing power for BTC and some altcoins.

With that said, I'm not sure how much in BTC they sold but with the amount reported to be stolen, I would consider that they sold a large sum of mining contracts.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 04:23:52 AM

With that said, I'm not sure how much in BTC they sold but with the amount reported to be stolen, I would consider that they sold a large sum of mining contracts.

It's not cloud mining. Cloud mining is an all around shady business that usually isn't really what they claim to be. Nicehash was a hashrate marketplace, where they provided the market and took fees on people buying and selling hashing power. People didn't buy "contracts" for x amount of time, they just paid for it as they used it.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:37:12 AM

It's not cloud mining. Cloud mining is an all around shady business that usually isn't really what they claim to be. Nicehash was a hashrate marketplace, where they provided the market and took fees on people buying and selling hashing power. People didn't buy "contracts" for x amount of time, they just paid for it as they used it.

Thank you for the reasonable response and explanation.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:22:03 AM

That could have been the case, but we don't know. They could have legitimately gotten hacked, but then there is no proof for either of these scenarios honestly. All you can do is speculate right now and either way, i don't think it helps you any more or less to get your money back.

If you want to take their word for it, go ahead. But there is also suspicion that they have pulled a runaway scam.

From the start though, you shouldn't have stored anything more than what you could afford to lose on their site. It wasn't supposed to be a wallet.

Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:45:34 AM

That could have been the case, but we don't know. They could have legitimately gotten hacked, but then there is no proof for either of these scenarios honestly. All you can do is speculate right now and either way, i don't think it helps you any more or less to get your money back.

If you want to take their word for it, go ahead. But there is also suspicion that they have pulled a runaway scam.

From the start though, you shouldn't have stored anything more than what you could afford to lose on their site. It wasn't supposed to be a wallet.

You can piss off too, they only allowed withdraws of "mined coins" every 24h and that's only if you mined to their wallet, if you mined to your own external wallet they only processed once a week unless you mined more than .01 btc. So really just fuck off with your blame the victim retoric especially when it's fucking bullshit you fucking shitstain.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: