Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 09:54:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people in the world are keeping/using bitcoins?  (Read 257 times)
psmachado

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:41:20 PM

Does anyone know some specific stats about it? How much you think the numbers will grow in the future? Will it increase the price of bitcoin?
Lets talk about facts and predictions about this coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Opquar

Activity: 418

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:52:13 PM

No. There are no statistics and it is going to be hard to form a study because most users would rather stay anonymous. What we do know is that actual users are very little in number compared to the world populace.

More people theoretically means higher value, yes.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:58:37 PM

Does anyone know some specific stats about it? How much you think the numbers will grow in the future? Will it increase the price of bitcoin?

I think we are few. I have red some replies here that we are part of the 1% which use and hold bitcoin as a source of income, but on upcoming months I think bitcoin will store a huge number of users since bitcoin has been popularized in Facebook.

component9

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:00:36 PM

Like the other poster said it's not known how many people are using bitcoins yet you can see stats about transactions here:

https://blockchain.info/stats

Just click View Chart to see the statistics over time. Here's a chart of the number of transactions for the past year.

Writing services | http://GiveYourMessageWings.com
stompix

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:02:17 PM

The maximum number of holders would be around 25 million.
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

Of course there is no doubt that number is not real since there are users and services with hundreds of addresses with a balance.
So I will go with ~ 5 millions at maximum and more likely 1 mil.

As for usage we have 400 000 transaction daily.
So, depends what you mean by BTC user, if we consider it somebody who uses bitcoin daily we can only have under this number.

RifatAB

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:05:00 PM

There are many people in the world are useing and keeping bitcoin. I think lots of people using bitcoin now. Because it is now quite popular.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:55:32 PM

Bitcoin is still not mainstream despite what
people think these days.

Less than 5% of the total world population
uses bitcoin and here we are at $17000.
Imagine what would happen if blockchain
technology was used by majority of the
population.
bitart

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:29:30 PM

Definitely way more who hodl than who use it for everyday purposes. But if you say that trading, gambling,  etc. is also a way of using bitcoin there's not as much difference between the number of hodlers and users. (But the amount of the bitcoin is being held and being used is totally different, huge amounts are just sitting in the wallets). If someone buys some bitcoins, after a while there will be a need to try to trade/gamble/etc. with it. So most of the hodlers will become users in a while.

teejayrichard2

0x937fe2c8bd616344a9Be33fDEC04D6F15f53c20F

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:40:39 PM

I think its impossible to know how many people in the world uses bitcoin. For now bitcoin is used in very few countries and for purchase of few things. Lots of people just buy and hold bitcoin for now,only few actually use bitcoin
dotcomwriter

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:50:06 PM

It is impossible knowing the number of individuals using bitcoins because identification verification is not required when creating a wallet and indivifusls have multiple addresses. Secondly, there are no global laws governing bitcoin use and wallet creation. Any information available is based on statistical estimation with no reliable backing information
elie_s

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:04:43 PM

Not a lot there are only 21 million bitcoin circulated around the globe so it's not a huge number
Fantastic33

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:18:00 PM

There is no way that anyone can provide a accurate statistics about it. At present it is observed that there was a fast acceleration in bitcoin price meaning a massive adaptation happened.
I say it's hard to obtain accurate measures because not everyone here in the forum has an account individually. Some have alternative accounts. So surveys here are nonsense.
Within the community, they wanted it to stay anonymous.

MD Milon

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:53:41 AM

Across the world lot of people engaged with bitcoin.many people connect with bitcoin .so too much people use bitcoin ]
shamimal93

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:09:19 AM

In my opinion no large number of people know about it.
Specifically development countries people don't know about it.
jeanpadel14

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:14:28 AM

I think its impossible to know the exact number who use bitcoin.But we can say the many users use bitcoin all over the world.They put their interest in bitcoin to invest and save.

lazaruseffect11

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:20:45 AM

Before the massive increase in price of bitcoin, only few people in the world know bitcoin well. Most of the people dont have any idea what bitcoin is or what are cryptocurrencies. But today, bitcoin is making some noise because of its too much increase in its price. More and more people are starting to become curious about bitcoin and they also starting to earn some of it. It is a good thing that more people will know bitcoin so that more people can be help by bitcoin.

Dewao

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:55:42 AM

I think no one knows statistic. What will it cost? It's hard to predict its exact price.
Yes I think the value of bitcoin will be higher in the future.

Hawkers7

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:59:16 AM

No, there is no statistic that study about it. Maybe the users we can know here in forum but the people who are keeping it that is hard to get. Not all users are keepers. Slme of them spent it as they receive it and others put in investment. As the users of bitcoin increases the bitcoin price also increases. It just like a supply and demand in economy.

[ Globitex ] Linking Digital Currency to Global Trade
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⇩⇩⇩ Download WHITEPAPER ⇩⇩⇩ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  FacebookTwitterLinkedInReddit  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
BlackBaron

Activity: 359

TokenPay.com | TOKEN SALE Dec 7th

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:11:36 PM

I think many people hold and keeping btc because keeping btc like investments your money, or like investments a gold. The price of bitcoin is growing.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 728

I've made ~5000% profit just by hodling since 2015

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:18:35 PM

there is never any way easy or hard to figure out how many people are using bitcoin in the whole world. everyone that attempts to come up with a number is just making a very wild guess which is most probably way off the mark.

we can only say the possible maximum number of people. take the number of bitcoin addresses that have any balance in them and you can be sure there is no more than that.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender