Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 04:07:35 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Bitcoin forks  (Read 193 times)

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:07:22 PM

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the whole Bitcoin hard forks and up coming forks.

As i understand it Bitcoin got Segwit but few supports it, why? This was big news and what i thought was going to make Bitcoin better/faster. Sadly Bitcoin is the same as before all the forks. Lightning network and other updates can be implanted to Bitcoin but that is not available right now, so why not start with using Segwit?

I thought we were going to have 3 hard forks. Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x. I recently heard of Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin God. Anyone can create a coin but can anyone also give Bitcoin holder "free money"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf

Activity: 532

Vincit qui se vincit

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:33:56 PM

Hello,

As i understand it Bitcoin got Segwit but few supports it, why? This was big news and what i thought was going to make Bitcoin better/faster. Sadly Bitcoin is the same as before all the forks. Lightning network and other updates can be implanted to Bitcoin but that is not available right now, so why not start with using Segwit?

I thought we were going to have 3 hard forks. Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x. I recently heard of Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin God. Anyone can create a coin but can anyone also give Bitcoin holder "free money"?

The reason that the segwit2X fork got called off was simply because there was no dev team that could really make segwit2X work, or wanted to put time in it, and ontop of that a lack of general consensus/ community behind it. ( Something that bitcoin cash does kind of have)

This explains it quite nicely https://bravenewcoin.com/news/segwit2x-hard-fork-abandoned-what-happened-and-why/

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

Hello,

The reason that the segwit2X fork got called off was simply because there was no dev team that could really make segwit2X work, or wanted to put time in it, and ontop of that a lack of general consensus/ community behind it. ( Something that bitcoin cash does kind of have)

This explains it quite nicely https://bravenewcoin.com/news/segwit2x-hard-fork-abandoned-what-happened-and-why/

Yes i know why Segwit2X was called off.

Sorry, English in not my main language, i was more interested in the follwing:

I recently heard of Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin God. Anyone can create a coin but can anyone also give Bitcoin holder "free money"?
COTInetwork

Activity: 28

Coti - Currency Of The Internet

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 04:43:29 PM

Basically what to keep in mind is that as long their is no majority consensus in the BTC core community there will be forks now and in the future. Splinter groups and what not with their own idea on how BTC should be.

https://coti.io/ - Currency Of The Internet
Boseda

Activity: 434

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:39:35 PM

Hello,

Yes, anyone can fork the Bitcoin chain and make a new coin (a.k.a. split). So, in short, yes, if you have Bitcoin at the moment of the fork, you can claim the altcoin coming out from the fork after that. But in order to do it you need to have full control of your private keys. Also, there could be some exchanges which do all the process automatically on their own.

dongamk

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:43:45 AM

Inform yourself regarding all upcoming bitcoin forks from: http://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/2017/12/05/upcoming-bitcoin-forks-2017-2018/
dxbcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:28:34 AM

Why do we fork to different BTC? Bc we arent happy with BTC? Why everyone can fork?

Cybermiles ICO - Visit https://cm.5miles.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.