Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome miner - NiceHash Alternative  (Read 391 times)
darkdude (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:02:17 AM

Like many of you I was surprised and disappointed by the recent news from nicehash.  I started looking around, tried many different "all in one miners", but in the end I selected Awesome miner as my new tool of choice.

Now dont let the fancy website and pretty gui graphics lure you in that this is as easy to setup as nice hash.  I am not saying it is difficult, but I needed to poke around to find where I put my BTC address and also I needed to uncheck nicehash pools because they werre non responsive from the tool.  I ended up using the zpool.ca site. 

Anyway I am in no way associated with Awesome miner, rather just a fellow Nicehash user wanting to give my best advice to my fellow crypto miners on what I believe is a respectable alternative to nicehash.  I am not even sure if I will ever go back

Here is the link guys...  Happy I switched

http://www.awesomeminer.com/default.aspx

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:43:02 AM

Yeah I'm in the same boat (nicehash refugee) and I'm starting to love awesome miner.  Profit seems to be way up compared to nicehash.  The latter I don't want to use again.
darkdude (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:58:03 AM

Agreed poby...  I can get use to these daily profits and if they can be sustained, I dont be going back.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:05:28 AM

Yeah I'm in the same boat (nicehash refugee) and I'm starting to love awesome miner.  Profit seems to be way up compared to nicehash.  The latter I don't want to use again.

Well profits are up in a lot of coins as nicehash had a lot of hashrate directed towards it and now all of that is scattered in every direction. I seriously didn't like hashrate. Yes, they were kinda good for the miners and they switched to the most profitable coin but that actually ruined it everyone else as it kept messing with the difficulty of the coins.

Moreover, they're were actually ripping off their miners. For a long period of time, the most profitable coins stayed the same and the people mining on NiceHash earned much less because that's what they do. They gave you much less than you potentially could. And that wasn't enough for there greedy asses, they even took fees when you withdraw your earnings.

I hated it and I'm so glad that it's gone. I'm not if it actually got hacked or they just decided to buy a small island in the pacific. But I think they didn't need to do that as they were making so much money already. Guys please don't give so much hash power to a certain company again. Look for the coin you want and mine it yourself then sell it when the price rises. You earn more this way.
Ingamacek

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:50:12 AM

Any guide how to set awesome miner? I do not understand their wallet system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: