Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nicehash business model. was it all a scam? pyramid?  (Read 210 times)
iz25 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:50:42 AM

i've been thinking.
if we were to ignore the "switching between coins to mine more profitable coin" and "selling hash rate"
basically they were providing slighter better returns than the pools for each separate coins.

so lets say if someone is to create a simple pool to mine btc or ltc, pick any coin
create own internal wallet
which would "hold" the balances before paying out to the external wallets
payout system which would allow to withdraw only when reaching minimum balance of X
this would make it possible to create a situation were the pay larger amounts becuase of people who did not or could not (smaller than min) withdraw their coins, or even by adding some of the own coins to the mix
by adding "selling hashrate" feature it would add more coins from people who are buying hashrate and getting slighter higher returns.

i guess what i am trying to say, maybe there were no clever algorithm to choose more profitable coin to mine,
no algorithm to buy/sell hashrate , just a bunch of different pool for different coins under one umbrella
and when btc is atf and people withdrawing money are  -> payday

thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: