Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help with BTC transaction fees.  (Read 305 times)
cgatx (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:19:20 PM

I'm new to this.  I want to buy $400 usd of BTC.  How much would it be to send that to my wallet?  Then I would want to convert it to LTC on Changelly.. what would that cost?  Then send the LTC back to my LTC wallet for storage.  What would that cost?

I'm looking for a ballpark figure.   Are the transaction fees flat rate?  Mycellium is the wallet and says priority Miner Fee (10 minutes) is currently $3.69 usd  (.33728 mBTC)

I'm confused.  Thanks in advance.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:23:52 PM

I'm new to this.  I want to buy $400 usd of BTC.  How much would it be to send that to my wallet?  Then I would want to convert it to LTC on Changelly.. what would that cost?  Then send the LTC back to my LTC wallet for storage.  What would that cost?

I'm looking for a ballpark figure.   Are the transaction fees flat rate?  Mycellium is the wallet and says priority Miner Fee (10 minutes) is currently $3.69 usd  (.33728 mBTC)

I'm confused.  Thanks in advance.

Changelly already accept fiat like USD as per there new update.
You can see directly in changelly convention if how much you can get in LTC or BTC if you input 400$ by choosing USD.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:27:32 PM

why not just buy LTC straight with your $400 and send it directly to your LTC wallet?
is there any specific reason you have to buy BTC before converting to LTC
most big exchanges that accept US$ deposit usually have US$/LTC pair trade too

and exactly what he said
Changelly already accept fiat like USD as per there new update.
You can see directly in changelly convention if how much you can get in LTC or BTC if you input 400$ by choosing USD.

cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

I'm buying BTC from an ATM so I can convert it into LTC.   The ATM's in my area of the US offer BTC only.   I'm having issues with Coinbase verification and really don't want to deal with them or any other verification exchange.  Particularly when I can just by BTC from an ATM and convert it to LTC faster.   

That's where I am at.  I need to know what to expect when converting.  I hear Changelly is not reliable and can charge up to 10 percent.  Shapeshift has issues also from what I read.  Is this your experience?  What can I expect?
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:10:32 AM

I would suggest coinbase, but if you are having problems with them, and you say you have access to a bitcoin ATM, why not buy the coins from your ATM, and then send them to an exchange that doesn't require ID verification. There are plenty of reliable exchanges like that, and I would recommend Coinexchange, Novaexchange and Cryptopia. I never had any problems with any of them, and as soon as you get your BTC there, you could trade it for LTC, and then send it to a wallet. The fees on LTC are cheap, so you would only be paying average fees with the tx for the exchange.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Thirdspace

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:06:41 AM

I'm buying BTC from an ATM so I can convert it into LTC.   The ATM's in my area of the US offer BTC only.   I'm having issues with Coinbase verification and really don't want to deal with them or any other verification exchange.  Particularly when I can just by BTC from an ATM and convert it to LTC faster.  

That's where I am at.  I need to know what to expect when converting.  I hear Changelly is not reliable and can charge up to 10 percent.  Shapeshift has issues also from what I read.  Is this your experience?  What can I expect?

I see what you are trying to do now. You better use/deposit your BTC in regular trade exchange site
Changelly and Shapeshift are automatic instant exchanges which usually charge higher fee than trade exchanges.
I suggest you register on one of many trading sites around, choose the trusted one with no ID verification for basic account
You can read the subforum Trading Discussion, Service Announcements & Service Discussion about them
to familiarize yourself with available trade exchanges and to know their rules and +/- of their services

cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:13:34 AM

Thanks for baring with me guys.  Also for the great info.
Good Bo

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:18:16 AM

I'm buying BTC from an ATM so I can convert it into LTC.   The ATM's in my area of the US offer BTC only.   I'm having issues with Coinbase verification and really don't want to deal with them or any other verification exchange.  Particularly when I can just by BTC from an ATM and convert it to LTC faster.   

That's where I am at.  I need to know what to expect when converting.  I hear Changelly is not reliable and can charge up to 10 percent.  Shapeshift has issues also from what I read.  Is this your experience?  What can I expect?

I think if we work in fiat specially usd, exchange will need verified account then its problem for you who dont want deal with verify exchange.
cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:28:48 PM

Couple more questions. 

I understand litecoin would be cheaper to buy direct.  I just can't get verified fast enough.  It's gonna take forever. Wire transfer etc. 

How much would it be (ballpark) to move $440 of BTC to cryptopia or anywhere for that matter?  Are there cheaper ways to move it.  Cheaper exchanges?  NOT COINBASE.
Thirdspace

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:37:57 PM

How much would it be (ballpark) to move $440 of BTC to cryptopia or anywhere for that matter?  Are there cheaper ways to move it.  Cheaper exchanges?  NOT COINBASE.

I've never used bitcoin ATM before, so I don't know how it works
whether you have to supply a bitcoin address to the atm or it simply spout out privkey for you
either way that would be the first cost you will encounter in this matter (aside the US$/BTC margin fee)
if you get privkey then you have to deposit BTC to cryptopia and it will cost you 0.0005 BTC - 0.0015 BTC as tx fee
cryptopia itself doesn't charge you for any deposit made to your deposit address
depending the way you create your transaction you can set lower tx fee but it will get confirmed slower

then you will trade BTC/LTC on the trading platform and you should get ~4 LTC (minus trade fee 0.2%)
since you chose cryptopia, withdrawing LTC to your own wallet will cost you 0.02 LTC as withdraw fee
you could try poloniex, I think they have lower withdraw fee but there are many withdrawal complains recently

cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:15:32 AM

Thank you so much for that last post, Thirdspace.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks to everyone else as well. 
cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:26:19 AM

One more question.  Is there a better exchange with cheaper fees than cryptopia?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: