Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: help needed with mining rig please!! code 12!! BTC reward for solution!  (Read 807 times)
Miner3000

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:41:15 AM

everytime I uninstall I wait a few minutes and they come right back

Yeah I thought so to so I spammed uninstall on the audiocontrollers on different ports and then on the one I had problem with and then the whole thing seemed to arrange itself in a way that it didnt cause a conflict. Since you have tried everything else (same as me) im still thinking this is your best bet to mess around there.

Just in case, im dont think it matters, im running 4g decoding enabled, but gen2 pcie link (most recommend gen1). Also,  im sure you have your monitor connected to the correct pcislot (16x) but that is a problem I started with... couldnt get the cards to install the right way for the life of me before I got that out the way  Embarrassed

Anyways I hope you figure it out, I know how frustrating it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:01:45 AM

boot with one gpu... verify it works.

shutdown, reboot and confirm.

now, add one gpu.

let it get to the point where both are detected again.  test.

reboot and confirm.... and keep adding one more gpu like this.

sometimes windows gets wonky and needs to be walked step by step.....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:03:35 AM

You have one of two problems, I think. (Or maybe both.)

• Your 1000W PSU may be underpowered for this configuration.
• Two or more cards are trying to access the same memory.

The process to correct it is to unplug everything but one GPU. Boot. See if you avoid this problem.

Continue adding one card at a time until you get a conflict. 9 times out of 10 it's the Interrupt Request (IRQ) number that's assigned to two card, but it can also be DMA and I/O. Look for a conflict in Windows Device Manager. Look at the resources for each card. All should be unique and not overlap. (Write a little grid to track it.) If the IRQ or another param repeats, set it to a different address and reboot.

If you find that you can add any three cards but never four (or whatever) without the error, then you could be unintentionally undervolting your cards. Moving up to a 1200w PSU would probably fix that.

Good luck!
Yoledo (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:58:52 PM

now, add one gpu.

everything is good with gpu 1-3 then as soon as I add a 4, one will go code 12 on me and its not even necessarily the 4th one I plugged in
Yoledo (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:06:09 AM

now, add one gpu.

everything is good with gpu 1-3 then as soon as I add a 4, one will go code 12 on me and its not even necessarily the 4th one I plugged in

in the memory part it shows 6of my graphic cards. could that be the problem, and if so how do I fix it
https://imgur.com/a/DeOjt
llanaio

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:37:20 AM

in the memory part it shows 6of my graphic cards. could that be the problem, and if so how do I fix it
https://imgur.com/a/DeOjt

Your PCI Express root port #3 seems to be your problem. It's overlapping resources for 3 of your 1050 ti cards and your HD Audio Controller (00000000A0000000 - 00000000B30FFFFF). First, update the drivers to the latest and see if that corrects the problem on its own. If not, manually assign it another memory page from Windows Device Manager that doesn't overlap any of your other devices.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:47:01 AM

the audio should be disabled afaik......  its an unnecessary system resource in my book when it comes to miners.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ixonite

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:45:43 AM

I have the same mobo, i had the same error on windows 10. 4x 1070ti connected to the mobo windows only could use 3 of them, I found a makeshift bios from asrock for 4g option. It did not fix it either. The only fix I could find is just ditching the windows all together and install linux. I have all GPUs working now. For testing I also added another card it can use 5x GPUs without problem.
llanaio

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:30:00 AM

I have the same mobo, i had the same error on windows 10. 4x 1070ti connected to the mobo windows only could use 3 of them, I found a makeshift bios from asrock for 4g option. It did not fix it either. The only fix I could find is just ditching the windows all together and install linux. I have all GPUs working now. For testing I also added another card it can use 5x GPUs without problem.

Agree. There's a LOT to like about converting to a headless Linux build. Windows has its strengths, but to me, a simple miner that requires no license or automatic updates and restarts itself mining again every time it reboots is a joy.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:35:01 AM

was your copy of 10 truly legitimate and fully updated to 17xx?  Because they made system changes in the recent updates to fix multiple GPU issues....

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

benj22_2

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

I'll guide you through installing your system on a mining specific OS for a small fee, as I am sure that your problem is windows. Message me if you need so we can discuss this and get you running A.S.A.P.
cryptowizzard

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:55:41 AM

I would say it's you need more power in the PSU. If you have a second PSU you can use it for one card. When the PSU can not feed all the cards it happens one little thing: there is enough power for all cards so they are seen by the operating system, but not for all the GPU. So the operating system can talk to the graphic cards controller, everything is reported normal, but when it tries to access the gpu it doesn't respond. On linux for example you have a command pcils which displays the PCI items but the opencl command to query the gpus would freeze. You can also switch the cards and you'll see they are working and only the "last" one is not detected.
Johny101010

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:48:41 PM

Make your life easy. Get a 16 gig USB stick, put simple mining os Rx dag fix , boot to it. If everything works than u good. If it doesn't u know u have a hardware issue.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: