Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: +95,000 Unconfirmed Transactions  (Read 423 times)
morrisby25

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:06:27 AM

Looks like we're getting close to the amount of unconfirmed transactions that were in the market when BCH went up to $ 2,500. Difficulty Rating also shot up today. What does it all mean?

Higher prices generally mean greater mining profitably, so if the difficulty has just shot up, it could mean some miners are taking profit at these new all time highs, but then investing that profit back into some new ASIC hardware.  It would make sense from a business perspective to take advantage of such rapid gains to expand the farm.  Expect difficulty to go even higher once a new hardware manufacturer launches their miner to combat the dominance of Bitmain.
Yeah, it’s cause effect that is going on here that since the price shot up more people are mining and the difficulty went up in proportion to it
obinine

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:34:23 AM

Looks like we're getting close to the amount of unconfirmed transactions that were in the market when BCH went up to $ 2,500. Difficulty Rating also shot up today. What does it all mean?

Higher prices generally mean greater mining profitably, so if the difficulty has just shot up, it could mean some miners are taking profit at these new all time highs, but then investing that profit back into some new ASIC hardware.  It would make sense from a business perspective to take advantage of such rapid gains to expand the farm.  Expect difficulty to go even higher once a new hardware manufacturer launches their miner to combat the dominance of Bitmain.

Those Halong Dragonmint miners are unproven. 5 minimum order with an April delivery. Risky order.
WTF is a Halong Dragonmint miner? Is it like an alternative miner like the S9 ant minter? Is it like an ASIC rig? What is it?
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:39:02 AM

As a general rule, you can not turn all available funds into one definite coin, even a very reliable and promising one. This also applies to bitcoin. Moreover, currently bitcoin has become very slow, its transactions are hanging by hundreds of thousands, and the commission costs for their holding are becoming more and more expensive. Many bitcoin holders in this regard refuse it and transfer their funds to the altcoyins. In this regard, the credibility of bitcoin is greatly shaken. Thus, the risks of investing bitcoin increase and so I would not recommend all of my savings to invest in bitcoin. Perhaps in the near future bitcoin will eliminate these shortcomings, but for now it is necessary to proceed from these realities.
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:44:36 AM

Those Halong Dragonmint miners are unproven. 5 minimum order with an April delivery. Risky order.
WTF is a Halong Dragonmint miner? Is it like an alternative miner like the S9 ant minter? Is it like an ASIC rig? What is it?

I would love to know more about these myself, so I'll jump into that.  Good competition for Bitmain would be great, but if it's a half-assed implementation that fails, it will actually hurt future competition.

BTC dominance is holding at around 35% right now, and I'm honestly not happy unless it is at between 49 and 51%, but we're not going to see that until these fees go down.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:14:58 AM

It is important for BTC to address this problem with network traffic because high rates and unconfirmed transactions are very bad for small investors
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:19:48 AM

Damned my transaction might be one of those the, I mean come on now miners it's almost a week and my transactions has not yet been confirmed what is wrong with you guys first the high transaction fee now the delay of transaction man it sucks. I don't know what is happening maybe there are less miners our there or the low value of bitcoin  is forcing them to upgrade the transaction fee.

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:23:45 PM

The link is right there in my previous post.  They're a new company and my understanding is that one of the seasoned veterans on these boards is affiliated with it, although I've sadly forgotten which one.   They claim the tech is superior and they can do it for a competitive price.  It sounds like a promising prospect, but as with all things, we'll have to wait and see.  It should all be kicking off soon if all goes to plan.
cl37007

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:27:08 PM

If they don't evolve this will be the downfall of bitcoin. They will have to change the block size or implement lightening or something because people will stop using out of necessity, it will become unusable

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: