Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:33:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NICEHASH confirmed - hacked - Any legit alternatives?  (Read 5271 times)
SeksiStarlord

Activity: 384
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:56:47 AM

It is a shame for sure I hope people did not get rekt much because of the hack. I was thinking about trying to mine some coins through nicehash and other services. Fortunately I did not started. But the same could also happen with an exhange, crypto is still wild west

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Justwondering

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:26:54 PM

Very sad day indeed , I was one of those lazy miners , I was introduced to Nicehash back in June , I have not looked back since , thankfully I have cashed out every Friday....this Friday will be the first Friday I have not cashed out !!!!

I guess I have to get real or sell my kit !! thankfully not a bad time to be selling hardware due to the price of BTC going through the roof Smiley

Maybe jump back in when a real lazy style alternative shows up.

Nicehash is dead in the water , anyone hold their breath for it come back online anytime soon , is likely to run out of breath !!! but I shall holds out until Monday and see what happens!
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:37:10 PM

Very sad day indeed , I was one of those lazy miners , I was introduced to Nicehash back in June , I have not looked back since , thankfully I have cashed out every Friday....this Friday will be the first Friday I have not cashed out !!!!

I guess I have to get real or sell my kit !! thankfully not a bad time to be selling hardware due to the price of BTC going through the roof Smiley

Nicehash is dead in the water , anyone hold their breath for it come back online anytime soon , is likely to run out of breath !!! but I shall holds out until Monday and see what happens!

I hope it won't come back online, and if it does, only a lazy retard would do mining there to get scammed once again Grin

When Bitcoin price surges, human nature shows itself, always the same excuse "oh dear, I've been somehow hacked", lies and more lies, but don't worry, Lambos are unworthy in hell.  Grin
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:39:45 PM

Not really, I hear the Devil digs Lambos...

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:07:50 PM

IMHO no sense to kill working profitable business. They could get more profit just working or sell it.
They might have had about 64 million reasons/"senses"...
pbuva

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:21:09 PM

Being a miner; hopefully not. Lazy people shouldn't earn as much as they do with nicehash (which is still way too low compared to "manual" mining).

Call me what you want, but difficulty across the board has dropped significantly already and if a nicehash hack is what it takes to shake at least some of the plug and play miners who doesn't even have any idea of the coins they mine, as they only get paid in BTC, I'm all for it.

100% agree...i hope this nicehash and this lazy fucktard miners will never return

Why so rough? I know enough about mining, but I ended up at Nicehash. After some time, the daily currency monitoring is no longer fun. And having a BTC has always been a guarantee of currency appreciation.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:49:59 PM

Being a miner; hopefully not. Lazy people shouldn't earn as much as they do with nicehash (which is still way too low compared to "manual" mining).

Call me what you want, but difficulty across the board has dropped significantly already and if a nicehash hack is what it takes to shake at least some of the plug and play miners who doesn't even have any idea of the coins they mine, as they only get paid in BTC, I'm all for it.

100% agree...i hope this nicehash and this lazy fucktard miners will never return
Are you a worker bee? Lol. Probably why you have negative trust rating? Like you rejoice in the misfortunes of others just because of envy. I'm sorry that it happened. I've seen a lot of tears over the theft of personal wallets a few hundred dollars. In the case of nicehash we are talking about millions. I see no reason for joy.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 03:54:28 PM

Keep the offtopic stuff in the other thread please. I came here for a new good alternative to nicehash but could just find alot of speculation about the hack Sad Is there no other service like nicehash?! Sad Sad
pbuva

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:56:53 PM

Do you think it will restore services? From the viewpoint of the miners, it will probably be OK if at least they promise gradual refunds on profits, but much more there have the buyers left.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
parisbitcoin

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

Soooo, nicehash succesfully hacked itself...

pretty much ... they whole taking forever to pay people always scared me away from them... but damn what a shit show
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:32:26 PM

Do you think it will restore services? From the viewpoint of the miners, it will probably be OK if at least they promise gradual refunds on profits, but much more there have the buyers left.

I think they are done for good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another service start up and take their place.  Nicehash wasn't the most user friendly from the buying perspective.  About the only thing it had going for it was that it made it extremely easy for miners.  People seem to only be thinking about the miners who got fucked.  But I am guessing the big time hashrate buyers had quite a bit of bitcoin in their nicehash wallet for purchases.  Who knows what happened exactly but I am willing to bet whomever is responsible had inside access. No company would be that stupid to keep so many bitcoins in a hot wallet.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:04:18 PM

I hope it won't come back online, and if it does, only a lazy retard would do mining there to get scammed once again Grin

When Bitcoin price surges, human nature shows itself, always the same excuse "oh dear, I've been somehow hacked", lies and more lies, but don't worry, Lambos are unworthy in hell.  Grin

Well ... I was getting more than $6/day per RX Vega 56 with NH when BTC was around 15K.  Now it seems I'll be lucky to get $4/day per card mining Monero with XMR-STAK (1800ish h/s per card).  I'm not sure why so many people are saying their profits have increased substantially due to a decrease in difficulty.  If that's the case, what am I missing?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:18:59 PM

Well ... I was getting more than $6/day per RX Vega 56 with NH when BTC was around 15K.  Now it seems I'll be lucky to get $4/day per card mining Monero with XMR-STAK (1800ish h/s per card).  I'm not sure why so many people are saying their profits have increased substantially due to a decrease in difficulty.  If that's the case, what am I missing?

Because everyone and their mother bought out all the VEGA's to mine along with you...  People smell profit and then devour quickly.
gotminer

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:31:00 PM

Because everyone and their mother bought out all the VEGA's to mine along with you...  People smell profit and then devour quickly.

I said that people are saying their profits have increased due to the difficulty level decrease that having NH out of the picture has created.  That has nothing to do with what anyone is mining with.  The night before NH went down, I was hitting about 6.50/day per card with them.  When they went down, people started saying they were seeing record profits because NH was down, so difficulty had decreased with all of those NH users not mining.  I tried switching to XMR-STAK.  NH was paying more per card to mine Cryptonight than a mining pool with XMR-STAK mining Monero straight up.  All of that while difficulty is supposedly down?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:37:09 PM

Honestly might as will go back to nicehash when its back up.  One thing you can be sure of is their security will be beefed up hard.  It is really a decent service if you are lazy and or have asics.  I will probably go back when it's up just for ease.  There is no great alternative out there.  I prsonally point only my asics there and all of my miners I run some simple miner and some other stuff.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
pbuva

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:46:25 PM

I think they are done for good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another service start up and take their place.  Nicehash wasn't the most user friendly from the buying perspective.  About the only thing it had going for it was that it made it extremely easy for miners.  People seem to only be thinking about the miners who got fucked.  But I am guessing the big time hashrate buyers had quite a bit of bitcoin in their nicehash wallet for purchases.  Who knows what happened exactly but I am willing to bet whomever is responsible had inside access. No company would be that stupid to keep so many bitcoins in a hot wallet.

Exactly, much more had to be in the wallet of the buyer. And I would not be surprised if it launched a new competitive service next week.

uscav82

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:47:11 PM

It is official Nicehash got hacked https://www.justcryptonews.com/291/breaking-nicehash-has-been-hacked-50mln-missing
They have announced it on facebook, twitter, Reddit, etc , so there is no more point arguing if they were hacked or not, and they won't be back online anytime soon (if ever)...

The question is: Anyone has a good alternative to suggest?
My miners are already on alternative single coin pools, but I would prefer the BTC payout.
Thanks

I went to Awesomeminer/Zpool.ca after yesterday.  Zpool website has been iffy all day, not showing any productivity and now the page is down with the following message, "Frontend offline to help reduce the load to catch up on the backlog of earnings in our DB."

Hopefully everything is good, electric heat is expensive.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:47:27 PM

I said that people are saying their profits have increased due to the difficulty level decrease that having NH out of the picture has created.  That has nothing to do with what anyone is mining with.  The night before NH went down, I was hitting about 6.50/day per card with them.  When they went down, people started saying they were seeing record profits because NH was down, so difficulty had decreased with all of those NH users not mining.  I tried switching to XMR-STAK.  NH was paying more per card to mine Cryptonight than a mining pool with XMR-STAK mining Monero straight up.  All of that while difficulty is supposedly down?

They weren't mining XMR with cryptonight algo on Nicehash.
gotminer

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:55:40 PM

They weren't mining XMR with cryptonight algo on Nicehash.

What were they mining using the cryptonight algo then?

CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:41:43 PM

What were they mining using the cryptonight algo then?

If you hadn't been using NiceHash, you would know. Now we won't tell you and we will keep mining it  Kiss
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: