Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:11:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YOBIT may be scamming people. WARNING TO EVERYONE  (Read 171 times)
cryptoknight_ (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:25:28 PM

I am only making this thread because I believe Yobit exchange is fraudulent and I dont want someone like me out there to go through what I went through yesterday and lose money. At first I thought it was just me but after talking to a number of other people on their chat board I got more suspicious. I wasnt the only one.

Here is what happened to me yesterday:

I wanted to purchase Ethereum cash but they only sell on Etherdelta and Yobit so I made an account for yobit. I transferred some Ethereum coins from CoinExchange to yobit yesterday around 3pm and I still have not seen my funds in yobit. I always double and triple check my addresses. At coinexchange it is confirmed with the address yobit provided and with a TXID below it and the amount of Ethereum I sent. I messaged yobit but no one has replied so I resort to the chat room. I ask users on there and a few people kept saying there must be a delay because they are jammed with a tone of transaction or something. Then I had a few users tell me they had the same issue.

Here is where I found out for sure these guys are crooks. They hack your accounts. It just happened to me this morning. I was chatting with users on there and I said a few things which I have a feeling that worried them because they banned me from the chat. I think they dont want the news spreading about them. I was banned right after I said the following to another user: "I seriously believe these guys are taking peoples money from a small number of people so the issue is not spread on a large scale." I took a screen shot of what I said after I was banned because what they did afterwords surprised me. I replied to a couple users on there and as I was writing my next text this is what I apparently wrote and sent: "I want sex and I like gays, help me! [AUTOBAN]"  I said apparently because I never wrote that. Who has the power to take over a users chat and send a message which violates the rules on the chat board which they themselves have made? It has to be yobit. I did just a quick google search and I found out they are under investigation by the Russian authorities for fraudulent activities. Here is just one article I found on their fraudulent activities.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptocurrency-exchange-yobit-investigated-in-russia-on-fraud-claims

I wish I had done a little research on them before I invested in my coins on there. I will not make the same mistake again next time. Has anyone else had the same issues or something similar? I am new on here not sure if this issues has been brought up or not.

With all this being said any legitimate exchange recommendations will be appreciated. I currently use the following: Binance(my favorite), Coinexchange, mercatox, stockexchange and cryptopia.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: