Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it true ethereum blockchain overloaded?  (Read 334 times)
pageraji (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:57:49 AM

i have all pending transaction for my token on etherdelta and hit btc, and in orderbook.io they said ethereum blockchain overloaded..is it true?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sparky71

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:01:14 AM

i have all pending transaction for my token on etherdelta and hit btc, and in orderbook.io they said ethereum blockchain overloaded..is it true?

There are news articles about Crypto Kitties which is a new game bogging down the ETH network.
vasoweee

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:02:43 AM

yes, it's true. Problem with transactions and name is Crypto Kitties.
good article about that https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-blockchain-congested-cats/

Sparky71

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:11:44 AM

yes, it's true. Problem with transactions and name is Crypto Kitties.
good article about that https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-blockchain-congested-cats/
Never thought kittens could be such a problem for crypto. 
pageraji (OP)

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:20:59 AM

ohh what just a cat?? Grin may be i need a dog to solve my problem..when its going to normal again guys?
AsJoshScreams

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:22:43 AM

the ethereum blockchain of the game cryptokitties dumb cats surging on the blockchain
Sparky71

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:33:10 PM

ohh what just a cat?? Grin may be i need a dog to solve my problem..when its going to normal again guys?

Great question.  Any idea what is being done to mitigate the impact of Crypto Kitties?  This is insane. 
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:48:06 PM

I would say no, but this of course depends on your definition of overloaded. Bitcoin network is overloaded with 220 thousand transactions waiting to be confirmed, but if I were willing to pay the right fees, I could still always get my transaction confirmed within an hour. And so the same with ETH.

These are all temporary demand spikes, ETH because of their cryptokitties game, BTC because of huge demand from BTC buyers (or spam, if you follow the theory from those trying to take Bitcoin down and promote other alts like Bitcoin Cash).

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sparky71

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:17:43 PM

I would say no, but this of course depends on your definition of overloaded. Bitcoin network is overloaded with 220 thousand transactions waiting to be confirmed, but if I were willing to pay the right fees, I could still always get my transaction confirmed within an hour. And so the same with ETH.

These are all temporary demand spikes, ETH because of their cryptokitties game, BTC because of huge demand from BTC buyers (or spam, if you follow the theory from those trying to take Bitcoin down and promote other alts like Bitcoin Cash).

So, raise gas and GWEI And keep on keeping on.  Sure.  I wonder though at the ability of one product to have this much impact on the overall service.  Is there a correlation to the number and power of miners available as well??
Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:56:32 PM

As others have mentioned it could be the cryptokitties game. Last i've heard cryptokitties was responsible for about 15% of all transactions on the ethereum blockchain.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:18:51 PM

I think its not only about that cat game. Ethereum chain is filled with so many tokens that see transactions etc. It is quite busy chain as fees grow over time. Yes its bit overloaded.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

Yes it's true, all transactions are extremely slow and extremely expensive right now because the blockchain is all clogged up, the catalyst was crypto kitties. It will probably sort itself out in a little time but shows the vulnerability with ethereum when it comes to scalability.

Alanin

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:36:38 PM

Yes it's true, all transactions are extremely slow and extremely expensive right now because the blockchain is all clogged up, the catalyst was crypto kitties. It will probably sort itself out in a little time but shows the vulnerability with ethereum when it comes to scalability.

Just another reason to why ETH will become more superior over time when they fix issues like this
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:15:11 AM

Ethereum always overloaded especially when there is a lot of good ico launching and people want to grab their bonus as soon as ico launch. This time ethereum over loaded because of cryptokitties ahah.. i see a lot of meme at twitter about cryptokitties rekt ethereum network. I hope this will be fix in the next ethereum fork
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: