Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 1582 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:52:46 PM

Yes, I'm sure they will tax it and such, which is with any country. I'm ok with that, I was just saying that it's great that you can use it directly now instead of having to trade to fiat then use the fiat. I'm hoping that trend continues, this way you are never compelled to sell your stash in order to hold Fiat, you can just use it directly as needed.
That is exactly what we are aiming for in the end everything you need should be possible to obtain directly with bitcoin.
3rd party services like exchanges and fiat conversion should be obsolete long time ago, unfortunately we still need to use them.

I'm confused on why you wouldn't want the tax office to know? They will know either way after the transfer so why not cross your t's and cover your ass so nothing goes wrong? Tongue It's not like they are going to try to charge you more for going by the books, right?
Don't get me wrong. I don't have any with paying fair taxes. But in the future, when bitcoin will be probably much more valuable tax office might ask me a lot of question about source of my BTC.
And I don't have any legal confirmation that I bought my BTC, what will I say? That I earned my BTC by being a freelancer or from sig campaigns? Fat chance they will believe it. Wink
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:38:40 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 07:51:25 PM by gentlemand

i recall a tool or calculator for cashing out large sums over time incrementally...

anyone got that handy?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0

This one?

If I have to cash out, and hopefully there'll never be a need, I'd rather do it in a deeply drama queeny fashion in one fell swoop rather than dribs and drabs.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 07:50:49 PM

I hope theoreticaly, you didn't sell everything, the price of BTC is higher today as it was in May.
Your theoreticaly question is mine too, at least the last weeks.
The best solution is to find a good lawyer with good accountant knowledges.
He will advise you how to open some of shore bank accounts in banks that know how to keep their secrets... and how you'll be able to have access to that money without knowing this the authorities of your country.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:46:58 AM

Nah, This one..

http://xzist.org/amazing-bitcoin-retirement-fund-calculator/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: