Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain - Account emptied overnight?  (Read 458 times)
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:36:33 PM

This is why I am not putting all my btc in just an one account and in the web wallet sites, because nobody could predict the time if somebody would mistakenly visit a phishing site with keylogger so that, greedy hackers will have full throttle access to the information's you have.

I suggest that you use multi accounts and remember all the information and don't just stuck your btc into one wallet even thou it's amount is small.

You can't retrieve everything that was lost all you have to do is to accept. In bitcoin there is no assurance and insurance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:42:04 PM

This is why I am not putting all my btc in just an one account and in the web wallet sites, because nobody could predict the time if somebody would mistakenly visit a phishing site with keylogger so that, greedy hackers will have full throttle access to the information's you have.

I suggest that you use multi accounts and remember all the information and don't just stuck your btc into one wallet even thou it's amount is small.

You can't retrieve everything that was lost all you have to do is to accept. In bitcoin there is no assurance and insurance.
Its not really necessary to have many wallets specially on web wallets, maybe 2-3 for allocation of each wallet would really be fine and as being said we wont really even know on when we do lose up our bitcoin no matter how we do set high security measures but there are really times we cant really avoid accident of getting hacked. If you do store up on single wallet then recovery would really be hard specially you lose up huge amounts. In the case on what we do see here, wallet have been compromised and nearest possible thing happen is that op being phished.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:43:50 PM

Thanks Potato Chips for your reply,

Not the best news and not a total fortune lost...but it was sad to see them go. I hadn't checked my account in years and to my surprise, I had about .008 BTC in there. It was worth nothing back then and is worth about $1k today, I was so excited to follow over the last couple of weeks and now its gone again. The worst bit is I can see it sitting there at its destination

EDIT: Just so everyone knows..This all happened inside the Blockchain App, I have all the security steps set up for web access.

Oh my! Deeply sorry for your lost.
In Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency, no amount is too small cause that amount could worth millions in years to come without even topping it. So that $1k is something.
And moreover, thanks for sharing this here.
I use to hear of stories of phishing but this one is really new to me.
I thought Blockchain do info users that they don't usually sent links to their users?
Well, this warning does not implies to Blockchain users alone but to other online wallet users. We all have to be careful.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: