Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining  (Read 199 times)
slanislaw (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:57:29 AM

I'm not new to solo mining and have been doing it on and off for years. cgminer says I solved a block but I didn't get the reward. Everything is configured correctly as I've solved blocks before and after it. I don't even see an orphaned transaction in my list. The hash was 5x the diff.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:05:26 AM

there are some issues that can lead to this like wrong blockchain ,wrong algo ,problems with ping ,outdated wallet and faulty miner but i guess most important problem if the wallet is configured correctly is the miner i'm not really experienced with cgminer but when solo mining doesn't even show orphaned block it means miner is mining fake blocks if you take a screenshot of your cgminer screen we might be able to help more.
slanislaw (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:01:51 AM

there are some issues that can lead to this like wrong blockchain ,wrong algo ,problems with ping ,outdated wallet and faulty miner but i guess most important problem if the wallet is configured correctly is the miner i'm not really experienced with cgminer but when solo mining doesn't even show orphaned block it means miner is mining fake blocks if you take a screenshot of your cgminer screen we might be able to help more.

I can't take a screenshot as this happened yesterday. cgminer only said I solved a block. It showed a Best Share 5x the diff and when I quit it the stats at the end said solved one block.

I'm local solo mining with pool software. One server running Ubuntu runs the pool software (unomp) and then I just point all my machines at it. The pool doesn't show block stats with this algo so I just keep a coin explorer open and check the wallet balance.

So odd. Since my balance didn't increase I would be for sure the pool wallet would show an orphan..

Maybe I was working on old work?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: