Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your sleep schedule? How is your sleep?  (Read 187 times)
TERA2 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:08:00 PM

I've always had insomnia and been a late riser but Bitcoin took it to the next level. Now if I don't have work or have to get up for anything, my sleep always drifts to something like 8AM-4PM. If I do have to get up at ,say, 10AM, then I'll probably still only get to sleep by 5AM. How is yours?

60659 📦
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:30:10 PM

Very similar.
For about 6 years, I averaged 3-5 hours per night, and it would start at 2-4 am. The last year, has been to a more normal 6 hours or so per night since real world business has consumed my time like charting and trading used to.

edit, what does this have to do with speculation?

pratapadityasi

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:31:49 PM

I try to sleep as much as I can, normally from 1am to 9 am, sometimes more sometimes less. I find it hard to get sleep and harder to wake up tho ahaha, worst combo ever
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:41:44 PM

I've always had insomnia and been a late riser but Bitcoin took it to the next level.

How is yours?

It was much worse for me in 2014-2015. Alarms going off throughout the night.... And I'm on the west coast in the US, which was horrible timing for a regular sleep schedule, since so much action revolved around the London session and weekly futures settlement. I don't know why, but it always felt like 1-4am was the best time for volatility. Horrible for getting up for work at 8am.

Things are better now that I only trade on the daily time frame or higher.

Always been a relevant topic for bitcoin traders. Tongue

TERA2 (OP)

Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:13:17 PM

It's only us traders that have this problem. Not the long term holders, or the bankers, or the miners, or the developers. That's why it belongs here.

60659 📦
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:14:59 PM

Good lord finally i know im not alone.
6 hours maximum - normally 5 hours.
It is not unusual that i stay 24-30 hours straight awake and then go to sleep a bit longer.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:22:23 PM

What is this...sleep you speak of?  Huh

btcone111

Merit: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:33:07 AM

If you have problem sleeping while trading btc, you should really reduce your btc holdings to the point where it doesn't affect other aspects of your life negatively.
Can't trade with your heart racing through sleepless nights.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:05:20 AM

I've always had insomnia and been a late riser but Bitcoin took it to the next level. Now if I don't have work or have to get up for anything, my sleep always drifts to something like 8AM-4PM. If I do have to get up at ,say, 10AM, then I'll probably still only get to sleep by 5AM. How is yours?
I experienced similar things and this happens to many people who know Bitcoin, usually a trader. We all know that a trader needs calm in making decisions, so we usually do it at night. This is bad for health, but I think as long as we can supply vitamins then we can get a pretty good health.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:11:49 AM

Beddie byes between 3-5am. Arise between 10-11 ideally. It has been this way since I was a child. I despise mornings and only see early ones when I've been up all night. The times when everyone else is unconscious always seem more inspiring to me.

One winter I didn't see daylight for a few weeks hitting the sack at 8 and rising at 4. I almost always sleep soundly but often don't get as much as I'd like.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:52:52 AM

Early to bed early to rise thats my usual thing,but since bitcoin become a part of my life i go to bed 10pm and woke up at 2am to fullfilll my unfinished task in my bounty and monitored the bitcoins price at the coin market cap.At 5am i go to bed again and rise at 7am..to take care of my son..but as soon as i finished all my household chores still manage to sleep..because i know its might affect my health if this would continue.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:42:13 AM

4-6 hours per night.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:07:21 AM

There are only so hours in the day, so unfortunately after work and putting kids to sleep, instead of sleeping, I do bitcoin
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 10:17:34 AM

I will sleep when I'm dead. And I blame it all on Bitcoin...
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:21:30 AM

I HODL and do the normal sleep/work/sleep/work cycle Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:16:49 AM

In my case, it's 8 hours daily.

I follow strict rule in my sleep cycle. Otherwise I may not be able to work all day.
I use to sleep at 11pm daily and get up early in the morning. May be I am new in Bitcoin field  Tongue

That's why I can sleep easily at 11pm.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:24:32 PM

Sleeping 6-8 hours. And will not change this.
Sure at the beginning when you entered this space it takes some time to get used to this big swings.
And in times of euphoria like the last weeks of course you have days with less sleep due to all the excitement.
But this also settles quick for me all the time, especially when you are in for the long run and not just a quick buck.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:01:22 PM

I've always had insomnia and been a late riser but Bitcoin took it to the next level.

How is yours?

It was much worse for me in 2014-2015. Alarms going off throughout the night.... And I'm on the west coast in the US, which was horrible timing for a regular sleep schedule, since so much action revolved around the London session and weekly futures settlement. I don't know why, but it always felt like 1-4am was the best time for volatility. Horrible for getting up for work at 8am.

Things are better now that I only trade on the daily time frame or higher.

Always been a relevant topic for bitcoin traders. Tongue

True, time is one of the decisive factors against rising prices and it is very important for traders, especially day traders. Sometimes, when the eastern hemisphere is in a resting time of about 12am - 4am, market movement in the other hemisphere is very stable because indeed, most market movers are there. This is sometimes the reason why the sleep time of a trader is not like people in general.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:57:06 PM

I sleep regulary 7 to 8 hours due to I have a vertigo I need to rest and complete my sleeps everyday,
But I am sure I would finish my work in bitcoin before I go to sleeps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: