Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ETH and LTC dropping in price while BTC is soaring?  (Read 274 times)
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:14:24 AM

Looking for insight on why ETH and LTC are dropping while bitcoin is soaring to the moon. I've got about 8k invested in these coins and they aren't making me much money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:20:38 AM

bitcoin up because of hardfork, if you have ETH and LTC they also go up, you try to see from USD they go far, dam at BTC also go up
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:51:03 AM

Because BTC's price behaviour is opposite to the alts,if the BTC goes up or down most alts are bleeding but if the BTC goes sideways the alts increases.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:57:39 AM

depends from their market, but usually eth price will following btc

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Helsing

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:59:32 AM

Because BTC's price behaviour is opposite to the alts,if the BTC goes up or down most alts are bleeding but if the BTC goes sideways the alts increases.

Exactly if btc goes to high or too low most of alts are bleeding. Although not all of them. If you find any good news alt (also eth or ltc) can go up together with btc which gives you 2x more profit in total Smiley

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:03:55 AM

They both had a huge run up recently, what do you expect...

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
benjaminoo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:07:11 AM

An increase in BTC = a decrease in all altcoins. And vice versa.

But I would hang on to both ETH and LTC if I were you. Both of them really have something going for them other than faith. ETH is the transactional medium on a large network of other altcoins, and LTC is really starting to gain traction as a transactional coin (one that you can use in a supermarket).

Bitcoin, on the other hand, has none of these features. Its value is built solely on trust. Nothing else. It will last a long time since it had a first-mover advantage, but I don't see it remaining in #1 position for much longer.

daggny_taggart

Activity: 868
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:11:03 AM

Totally agree. There is much built on top of Ethereum infrastructure and bitcoin trajectory is hard to predict long term
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:51:11 AM

I think they both Ether and LTC ran up hugely in last 10-12 days. You have seen that Ether rose from $420 to $721 in just 7 days and for LTC rose from $96 to $263 in just 10 days.If any coin pumps almost double or more then the investor will book some profit from it so it will come down a bit.Other side Bitcoin rose from 10000$ to 17000$ in just 10-15 days because there is a news that Amazon thinking to accept Bitcoin as their payment gate way.

secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:09:37 AM

An increase in BTC = a decrease in all altcoins. And vice versa.

This is not always the case, as far as I have seen. I think the decrease in ETH and LTC this time around is a correction independent of the BTC price, since the prices of both ETH and LTC went crazy in the last 7 days. I think the question in the OP doesn't have a 100% correct answer since no one can identify why exactly the BTC price is increasing in the first place.

Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:18:24 AM

Because if the BTC goes up, there will be more money flowing out of LTC and ETH and then into the BTC, and then that will happen.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:23:12 AM

Because Bitcoin costs more than litecoons, try to think with your common sense. If litecoin is higher it may be Bitcoin that will drop and all altcoins too, the main center is the bitcoin of all Cryptocurrency.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
nmax21

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:27:19 AM

I think the congestion of the network affected the price cuts of Ethereum and altcoyins. But the BTC network is also loaded, but the money still flowed there, but not for long))

tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 11:35:36 AM

Well, money flows between the cryptocurrencies. And LTC and ETH are major coins, so money outflow is also larger to BTC.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Looking for insight on why ETH and LTC are dropping while bitcoin is soaring to the moon. I've got about 8k invested in these coins and they aren't making me much money.
there's no clear technical analysis predictability for crypto. Just keep calm and wait. I'm sure you'll get your profits in the long run. Be patient and don't sell =)
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:40:43 AM

Also I suggest you try ripple. They have been making some good progress, I don't meen just the price but fundamentally how they have been developing their product.
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:42:07 AM

if you ask yourself basics questions like this you arent ready for crypto yet
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:18:34 PM

Just want to add my 5 cents to this discussion.

Right now indeed money is flowing back to BTC and consequently altcoins are loosing value (as they are the source of that capital). However, it is not always the case. Multiple times drops on BTC pulled altcoins down as well. Exactly the same like many times rise on BTC pull altcoins up too.

It is hard to make a "rule" from those behaviours as every situation is very different and have to be  analysed individually.

darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:00:10 PM

Bitcoin is the first crypto currency that has the highest price and popularity, accordingly it will grow faster and bring more profit in the short or long term. But your investments need to be distributed among different coins to avoid losses.
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:43:43 PM

the simple explanation is the money from alt like ETH and LTC goes to BTC just it, they choose bitcoin over alt
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: