Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:28:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start being the escrow for transactions  (Read 147 times)
VackFromOhm (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:03:24 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 03:56:41 PM by VackFromOhm

Hey all,

I've been involved with bitcoin and altcoins for a few months now and it seems apparent to me that bitcointalk's trust system is mostly based off of how much bitcoin you've traded with others. I enjoy being a part of the community here and bring an escrow sounds fun plus I'd make that small percentage.

So my question is, how do you get started in the escrow service? What do people normally do for escrow anyways? How do you get into escrow when you start with 0% trust?

Thank you!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:33:03 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 09:00:11 AM by Bitfort

Let me give you my opinion. Anytime I see someone asking how to earn trust, become escrow and similar questions a red flag pops up.

But back to topic.
I bet the best (and quickest) way to become escrow is to reveal your identity (provably) ... e.g. meet in person with some trusted members, start visiting conferences etc.  ... simply become a public person (so people can hunt you down when you will try some scam).
Otherwise it think it's long way for you to become trusted and it's not only about amounts but also risks (unused opportunities to scam). Like ... prove you held some other people funds you could run away with but didn't ... big plus for you.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

VackFromOhm (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:45:38 PM

Alright, that's a fair point. It just seems like everyone is a nobody and since the trust system is completely based on trades, that it seemed like a good idea.

I'm not sure about revealing my identity, so I'll think on this. Thanks for the advice!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:15:39 PM

I bet the best (and quickest) way to become escrow is to reveal your identity (provably) ... e.g. meet in person with some trusted members, start visiting conferences etc.  
Thats a bit overkill by me.
Users that are here for long years and became known are mostly trusted. That is less certain that u can trust that person than beign known as Andreas, but Andreas won't be an escrow for average joe member Wink.

I would advice author just be here long. People will know you, get involved in some projects, then try ur strenght in beign an escrow which is hard job.
VackFromOhm (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:19:09 PM

I bet the best (and quickest) way to become escrow is to reveal your identity (provably) ... e.g. meet in person with some trusted members, start visiting conferences etc.  
Thats a bit overkill by me.
Users that are here for long years and became known are mostly trusted. That is less certain that u can trust that person than beign known as Andreas, but Andreas won't be an escrow for average joe member Wink.

I would advice author just be here long. People will know you, get involved in some projects, then try ur strenght in beign an escrow which is hard job.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a difficult job that takes a long time to get into. I've been involved with a couple small projects so far but nothing big yet. Well, looks like I'll start this thread again next year, lol!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: