Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain BTC to family members?  (Read 1086 times)
jacksonmark30

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:35:37 PM

Grin it would be hard. It's like your teaching a calculus to a grade 2 student. Try explaining to them what are the benefits of investing in bitcoins first. In that way, they will be more interested and will listen to every detail you say about bitcoin.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kawasaki5050

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:37:22 PM

Explain your family how Bitcoin produced and the benefit of it in transferring money from anyone to anyone everywhere with low fee and fast. And even more if you own Bitcoin you can trade it by the difference on price through pairs on crypto exchanges.
tungaw

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:50:32 PM

Ohh you mean scam? multi level marketing? Why are they making one? Don't they like the currency now? I imagine the questions running thru every one of my family members mind if I explain this to them Cheesy
Protazio

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:51:52 PM

Tell them it's like a virtual money..or is it? Can't think of any way how to simplify it without telling it's the same with any fiat.meh
Trigzilog

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:53:19 PM

this is like a coin but in the digital world. Maybe that will give them a perspective. I guess. Really difficult
pipoy5

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:54:52 PM

I remember telling this to my sister and she was like, is that illegal? The authorities might still detect your presence right?
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:12:11 PM

my mother still doesn't accept that it is real money and it is accepted worldwide, everytime sth about crypto comes to news, she calls me and tell me to check news and she warns me to be careful about that  Cheesy
mheymhai19

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:37:30 PM

I had a hard time explaining what btc is in my family during thse time they are curious how I am making money just by staying in front of my computer. Funny that they even thought Im doing something illegal so what I did is just I tell them btc is like an asset which is existing only in virtual world with value convertible to fiat and that's it. Explaining how Im earning then thats another story.
hackl3r

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:31:43 PM

Well, the best way to introduce something new and complicated like bitcoin is with a power point and a good speach

center]▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌[/center]
Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:20:28 AM

I think the best way to explain BTC to the family is through actual explaination.Other than that, they can hardly understand.
CheapDayTrader

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:42:33 AM

I haven't even told my family yet and don't really plan on it anytime soon, if i told them everybody in my family would be jumping on me
iram701

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:02:51 AM

i dont know how to explain it to my family, till now, i'm still keeping this as secret. if i tell them, they will not acceptable for this cryptocurrency, because depend in my religious, they consider it is kinds of gambling, it makes me decide to hide that i involve in cryptocurrency.

alkenestoke

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:27:31 PM

Old people are mostly deaf with the talks in relation to digital stuff nowadays. However, make things simple and on how they can make dollars out if it will be the way.
LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:22:03 PM

Old people are mostly deaf with the talks in relation to digital stuff nowadays. However, make things simple and on how they can make dollars out if it will be the way.

Well we don't need to get old people involved, it's not necessary. If it's comfortable for them, let them use fiats instead.

Go-go-go, power girls !
Marteel

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:26:51 PM

I explained to my family that BTC is a currency, and my father said, "just like the dollar?" Shocked

just tell them only %3 of countries money is holdable. the others are also virtual. generally they want to see, touch, smell the money Smiley
indiejeff

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 01:36:32 AM

it is really hard to explain especially to older one's that did not grow to computer technology, but my explanation always is BTC is a electronic money it's intangible but it is very valuable   Cool
BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:45:12 AM

I explained to my family that BTC is a currency, and my father said, "just like the dollar?" Shocked

No need to explain to my family because Bitcoin is introduced fist to my family. They just saw why my life change and they are interested how to join in bitcoin. Because once bitcoin is expose to one place this will be easily adopt because you can see the evidence that there's something new happend in your life. Even in friends they if just they just see the proof that your life change they will beleive on you.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:41:31 AM

At first I explained that bitcoin is like gold, but in digital form and is currently very popular beyond the artist. therefore the fluctuation is very high. then I explain how bitcoin and how to take advantage of opportunities and risks.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
vijaybharath.23

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:07:28 AM

Of course, they will have more questions. So where are these bitcoins? BTC” your Dad might ask Angry, “Do you have any in your pocket?” Roll Eyes
“No, bitcoins are like the money you have in the bank and credit cards. Or, better yet, you know how your boss pays you through direct deposit and then you go buy something with a debit card.

The money goes from one place to the next without ever touching human hands.

It just seems different than regular money, but actually one of the ways it's similar.
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:30:18 AM

you tell him yes, just like dollar, only that its not tangible like dollar, but can be converted into dollar and is of a higher value, BTC can be difficult to expalin to the older generation, so go for the simplest possible explanation

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆