Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my ETH to buy BTC??  (Read 1469 times)
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:53:27 AM

Before this huge growth on bitcoin, I decided to buy some Ethereum. Since the price of ETH is slowly going down with the growth of the BTC, should I sell my Ethereum to buy Bitcoin again? Thank you in advance, Im new to this!

You should hold it.. your ETH, Because both Bitcoin and ETH are good investment. They both have potential, I think if you hold it in long term (Your ETH) you'll get satisfaction in near future. Just leave atlist 50% in ETH and just wait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:05:11 PM

It will be good for you to invest in Bitcoin. ETH is also a good coin, I won’t advise you to sell all ETH to buy Bitcoin. Maybe you can diversify your portfolio and hold 50% each.

I agree with this advise. Its always good to hold some Ethereum and Bitcoin, because both are going to rise up in 2018.
cryptodonuts

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:14:55 PM

Before this huge growth on bitcoin, I decided to buy some Ethereum. Since the price of ETH is slowly going down with the growth of the BTC, should I sell my Ethereum to buy Bitcoin again? Thank you in advance, Im new to this!

Sell ETH to buy BTC maybe is not the best idea.. try to have some capital into several coins... Market is imprevisible, soo you will never know what is the best for the future, but if you will have both, you will never lose with that  Smiley
L0uis

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:42:46 PM

The ETH network is congested while the BTC price is booming. The favor is towards BTC and that's why it is better to keep most of your investment in BTC.
cryptodonuts

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:09:00 PM

The ETH network is congested while the BTC price is booming. The favor is towards BTC and that's why it is better to keep most of your investment in BTC.

it's like na investement, that you know that you will never loose Smiley
mittooss

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:35:17 PM

I would strongly suggest you not to sell the ETH to invest in BTC, it is not a good idea. No doubt that BTC is the king of crypto currencies still there is place for others and ETH is a better option. The price will gradually rise up.
DuaLipa

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:43:27 PM

The ratio of ETH/BTC as around 0.045 couple of days before. Now it decreased very very dramatically down to 0.025 and this is not the right time for selling your eth to get btc. You will get less eth now.
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:49:57 PM

I heard that there will be 3 hard forks in December include Super Bitcoin, Bitcoin Platinum, and Bitcoin cash plus. Therefore, maybe they will release free coins for who is holding Bitcoin. I think that sell ETH to buy Bitcoin is a good idea.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

I think yes.
I do not have much idea regarding this maybe you should examine your profit in return between eth and btc. As far as I know btc is number one and number 2 is eth in strong possibility.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:35:46 PM

In my opinion, ethereum and bitcoin are the best choices for long investments. Both of them have good potential for the future, but Btc rose much more than ethereum in the near past. So, maybe it can be a good choice that selling a small part of ethereum to buy bitcoin.
ramsay snow

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:37:07 PM

need to wait a few more days. ethereum seems to be rising for a while.
the price of bitcoin may decrease with it Smiley

Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:13:29 PM

In such conditions, as it is today, in my opinion, if you want to preserve capital, invest in ETN . If you want to participate in the upcoming fork so invest in BTC . The choice is yours.
Lopumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:43:21 PM

BTC/ETH ratio ist decreasing since more than 6months, what more of an indicator do you need?
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:37:43 PM

At this point selling Etherum to buy bitcoin is unreasonable. Because etherum is discounting while bitcoin is giving away, if you do so you will suffer a lot of losses. In addition to the Etherum network is jammed, so the transaction at this time will not be able to exchange.

Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

Invest in bitcoin, but be wise not to invest everything in one thing no matter how awesome it is. Split your ETH into two, invest in btc and still hold eth just incase.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:59:26 PM

I do not suggest you do this because like many people, I do not trust this rise of Bitcoin. I think the rise of Bitcoin is just a balloon.  I think most of you will soon be upset.
sandy14350

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:04:37 AM

there is a big correction down the way... pleasee be cautious before entering in peak stages bcz if stuck in peak... it takes lot of time to recover from that peak, so better think twice before taking this step
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:41:12 AM

no dont sell your ethereum.just wait a couple of weeks and
you will find how ethereum grow..after the ethereum update next year.
for sure the price would be double or maybe triple.just be patience dont
panic for bitcoins huge price
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:47:01 AM

I don't think that you want to sell your ethereum right now because the price is dropped too far. you only need to hold for a while and you can buy ethereum again while the price is low. now, ethereum is sold at $0.02x btc and it is the lower price since the ethereum reach a higher price. if you can hold and wait until the price increase back, then in that time, you can make a big money because I am sure that ethereum will increase again but the choice is up to you.
goto5k

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:49:24 AM

Sell ​​now ETH is not worth it. It is better to find more money and buy BTC.
You will reproach yourself when the price will 1000 and above. Looking forward to solving the problem with Kittys.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: