Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing on money might be illegal in USA  (Read 729 times)
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:05:38 AM

Its not illegal its a crime for writing something on a countries money, writing on a paper money you are also disgracing the country, the symbols on the money represent how strong and great a country is and by vandalizing on the money means you are mocking them.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:17:06 AM

As users mentioned it's crime and in some countries it's stated that currencies on which writings were made won't be usable anymore. I'm not sure, how that'll be possible, but countries have regulated such methods with the currency usage.
bitminerox0621

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:19:00 AM

I think this has been observed in many countries, because the cost of creating the paper bills are higher than the actual value of the paper bill.
That is why it is prohibited. One more reason is to pay respect to the country's currency.
Starone1

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:08:33 AM

Its not illegal its a crime for writing something on a countries money, writing on a paper money you are also disgracing the country, the symbols on the money represent how strong and great a country is and by vandalizing on the money means you are mocking them.
It’s not illegal I think it’s a crime and I think it’s not a good thing to do so because it give a very bad impression to the other countries and even to its own people as well and it’s not only  in USA I see in many countries they are wring on money which a very bad habit son in some countries I saw that most people are using public property for walk caking so  I think it must be stop and there must be a punishment for this act .
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:28:23 AM

I have research about "Writing on money might be illegal". Then finally I found these Info. I will drop here them for you. Read and know.

Writing on money is called Mutilation of national bank obligations

“Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.”

United States Code

TITLE 18 – CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I – CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 – COINS AND CURRENCY
§ 333. Mutilation of national bank obligations

However, that shouldn't scare you.  Legality exists to continue your enslavement.  Submit or not.

By possessing papers that have graffiti on them does not imply that the defacement was by the current possessor.
Yes writing in money might me illegal in USA because that is money we should respect the money and money is the currency of our own country you we should honor our own currency

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

Not only in USA but around the world it’s not legal to writ on money because it give a bad impression to the people and to the world I know there are some countries who are writing on moneys which is not a good thing and some people they are using public property and they are writing on walls so government need to take strong action against them and I hope people will also understand that it’s our property we should look after them.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:13:18 PM

Those bills get destroyed and replaced by banks. I don't think it should land people with prison time. I don't think such a law would be enforce, but banks are supposed to not give those bills back to customers. And the majority of customers would not accept such bills.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:18:23 PM

The police isn't going to go after someone the defaces money.

The only way I see them enforcing this is if they have a big time criminal who they can't have no current charges on, but they somehow have proof that he defaced money. But even then, what are the chances. Maybe the criminal used $100 bills to light up his cigarettes.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 08:27:17 PM

I don't think so that it is illegal to write anything on money, because i knew government can't be strict in that way  Grin Lols. I can understand that government can't give you permission to write anything on the denomination of the currency or they can't give you any kind of permission by which you make any major changes on the currency and nor you can use it for any other marketing or advertising services. I still remember while counting the currencies i used a pencil to mark down the counting numbers.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:05:14 AM

Why do people even write on money? Really hate it when I receive money notes with stuff written on them. Makes it harder for me to use it purchase items, especially from small time vendors who are really picky about the condition of the note.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:30:55 AM

Why do people even write on money? Really hate it when I receive money notes with stuff written on them. Makes it harder for me to use it purchase items, especially from small time vendors who are really picky about the condition of the note.

That's absolutely right mate, that's what i did too i don't receive exchange money from any public market or anywhere in a public place where i saw paper money that are picky condition with tears at the corner because national currency is somewhat you respect in your country as will as you give importance national property. And to subject creator it must be honored and respect the rules of national currency.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

Of course it is illegal. I don't get it, why would someone write something on money. It doesn't make any sense especially if you can just get a piece of paper and do your thing on it. There is no excuse for this, just don't write anything on money. For wear and tear on money, it is a hassle sometimes when you purchase something and the seller rejected the money. This happen to me and it was the only money left in my wallet. I hate it when this happen but there's really nothing we can do but to follow the law. We need to go to the nearest bank and ask for replace. We keep on complaining but it is one of our obligation as a citizen.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:54:30 AM

That's nothing new, it's been illegal for quite some time as much as I know, unleast in my country. Also  you can go to whatever bank you want to and just replace it, just with the ripped bill. I mean if someone, who owns a smaller private business, writes his ad and phone number on money bills and let them circle, that would pretty much be a free marketing.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:53:10 AM

I don't live in the United States, but it is also illegal in our country. I am not an expert on this and I have not read the whole law. But I guess that the thing is, one cannot really prove who did it the writing on paper money. Aside from phone numbers, and vandals on the faces, animals, and places printed on the money, too much folding also removes the protection features of the money.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:10:50 AM

So is in my country . The rules on bank notes is almost the same. Bank notes cannot be staplered, drawn, cut and others also writing in it. Bank notes is a legal tender and we should respect it as our medium of exchange.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:14:06 AM

Here in my country writing on money is illegal but the law is "little known" by the citizen. People are used to staple, write on money doing their everyday transaction, citizen nd government should hnd on hand to implement such laws. So government fund wouldn't be wasted.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: