Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s Next for Bitcoin in 2018?  (Read 240 times)
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:17:25 AM

Actually bitcoin price already reached $20000 in some exchange site before end of 2017 and i think it will increase more this year even slowly.But still price of coins change rapidly even altcoin which is the ripple now increase faster and now second to the bitcoin.

That is so crazy right? Smiley in just few short period of time the price is going rapidly high and if we are in the right position, we could earn a lot in the process. Thanks to these craziness of coins, lots of people could be wealthy in no time.
Exactly bitcoin can be moon this year 2018, better invest and hold some time. Because in any moment bitcoin will increase again its value. Yes it reached $20k in a sudden time and those who believes in bitcoin can be rich anytime.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:48:22 AM

Actually bitcoin price already reached $20000 in some exchange site before end of 2017 and i think it will increase more this year even slowly.But still price of coins change rapidly even altcoin which is the ripple now increase faster and now second to the bitcoin.

That is so crazy right? Smiley in just few short period of time the price is going rapidly high and if we are in the right position, we could earn a lot in the process. Thanks to these craziness of coins, lots of people could be wealthy in no time.

it is not really "crazy". i would call it uncommon because it is understandable why bitcoin price went up like this and will probably continued to rise the same way in the upcoming years. that is what happens with anything that is scarce but has a growing demand. people keep paying more and more for it because they want to have more of that "thing". and that is a general principle which happens to apply to bitcoin too and since bitcoin is limited and scarce the rise happens like this.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

it is not really "crazy". i would call it uncommon because it is understandable why bitcoin price went up like this and will probably continued to rise the same way in the upcoming years. that is what happens with anything that is scarce but has a growing demand. people keep paying more and more for it because they want to have more of that "thing". and that is a general principle which happens to apply to bitcoin too and since bitcoin is limited and scarce the rise happens like this.
for today the price for Bitcoin is really very big and I very much doubt that everyone is waiting quietly for even greater prices. The most important thought that worries all users today is that it does not at least fall below. I think that this will be a very huge problem, because a lot of friends have made their money in Bitcoin. Practically threw money into the wind .
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:33:14 PM

We need more development to deliver more promise. I hope LN's make more of a splash than Segwit did and that Segwit really starts to kick in with more exchanges and users. I'm sure people can put up with the fee and cloggage situation with light on the horizon. If it fades away I'll start to wonder.

And who knows what 2018 holds for the whole world? Our focus on Bitcoin may seem piffling soon.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:19:23 PM

We need more development to deliver more promise. I hope LN's make more of a splash than Segwit did and that Segwit really starts to kick in with more exchanges and users.

I start to see it more as some sort of an economical attack against Bitcoin by not taking advantage of what SegWit has to offer. By this time we could at least sit on 50% adoption, but instead, services are holding off. Services are the one needing to spark SegWit adoption, because if they don't, what incentive will people have to adopt SegWit? If Coinbase starts with SegWit, I am sure it will just be a matter of months before other large entities in this market will follow, because that's how it works. LN at this point is just being tested here and there, but that doesn't say anything about an actual estimated date we'll see it roll out.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:28:52 PM

I start to see it more as some sort of an economical attack against Bitcoin by not taking advantage of what SegWit has to offer. By this time we could at least sit on 50% adoption, but instead, services are holding off. Services are the one needing to spark SegWit adoption, because if they don't, what incentive will people have to adopt SegWit? If Coinbase starts with SegWit, I am sure it will just be a matter of months before other large entities in this market will follow, because that's how it works. LN at this point is just being tested here and there, but that doesn't say anything about an actual estimated date we'll see it roll out.

It would've been helpful if its launch hadn't coincided with the bull run from hell which must be pushing services to the limit, but I'm pretty sure services such as Coinbase and Bitpay are holding off mainly to make their political points and pile on the pressure. Bitstamp were right on it. Shapeshift now has it. Kraken has it internally. It's getting there slowly.

I'm slightly shocked the Core wallet wasn't ready to roll immediately.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:37:49 PM

I like the predictions of how high bitcoin could go but looking at the predicted lows this is of course a whales strategy to buy cheap as this might send out a signal for people to panic sell, but i know 2018 is a special year and things should be more straightforward for btc starting from regulations and or the barriers in its way which should boost the bitcoin price.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:00:09 PM

https://twitter.com/TorGuard/status/950383059735646209

The first service to accept public mainnet lightning network payments. I still don't understand anything about channels. I suppose more of this will rapidly clear up the unknowns surrounding them.
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:08:18 PM

There is going to be a lot of trading in 2018. Traders are not HODLERS and they prefer if the price keeps going up and down so they can take profits on a regular basis. Those who are in for the long term should not be affected though but those who are expecting to see the kind of quick gains we had last year will be in for a surprise.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:49:23 AM

There is going to be a lot of trading in 2018. Traders are not HODLERS and they prefer if the price keeps going up and down so they can take profits on a regular basis. Those who are in for the long term should not be affected though but those who are expecting to see the kind of quick gains we had last year will be in for a surprise.

Traders don't really mind whether the price of bitcoins and other altcoins go up and down because either way, they will earn. In fact, volatility is much prefered by experienced traders because a slow-moving price takes time to profit while a price that is keep on changing gives lots of earning opportunities.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: