Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🥔🍅🥑 VEGGIE 🥕🍆🌽 A Cryptocurrency For The Animals! 🐮🐷🐔🐶🐱 [LIVE!]  (Read 24426 times)
Iced

Activity: 627
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

This is great and got my GF's interest  Grin

No signature for now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sh4d0w4k6

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:35 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 06:34:13 PM by Sh4d0w4k6

Hey guys. I Setup a Block Explorer for the VEGGIE "veggie.altcoin-pool.eu:3001"

You also can Mine on https://www.altcoin-pool.eu/ With a fee of 0.1%

You also can donate if you want. Smiley
VEGI: KAkVNUnRBn4uwM1gzZdVsoHrRsSMVbZzND
Oskii

Activity: 244
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:37:38 AM

Hey guys. I Setup a Block Explorer for the VEGGIE "http://www.altcoin-pool.eu:3001"

You also can Mine on http://www.altcoin-pool.eu/ With a fee of 0.1%

You also can donate if you want. Smiley
VEGI: KAkVNUnRBn4uwM1gzZdVsoHrRsSMVbZzND

The more the merrier! Smiley
Oskii

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:20:52 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 05:00:48 PM by Oskii

Excellent News!

We have found a fix for the bug which has been causing the Veggie fund to not receive it's bonus from pool mining.  Grin

There was a small logic error in the validation rules which was allowing the pools to lose this bonus along the way. The fund bonus wasn't going somewhere new, it was simply not being created in the first place due to this error.

We will be implementing the fix for this over the weekend, and the new validation rules will be enforced by the network after block 17000, at which time pool owners will have to send 20% of the block reward to the Veggie fund, or the network will reject the block. At the time of writing this post, the block height is 16889 - so a couple days until the change is enforced.

How This Will Affect Pools

Those of you who are running mining pools will only have to change one parameter in your configuration after you pull from github and recompile - so it won't take more than two minutes to switch over.

In coin settings, you must change the following:

Charity Percent -> 20
Charity Address -> KFDc3DLyymMkZajpksc5HLtNw5GBUWmtTh

We will be providing support in the discord if you get stuck

As soon as the changeover is successful, listing on exchanges will be top priority.

Thank you

A big thank you to the community devs who have helped us with this fix, you have been instrumental in the success of this fix:

5W4mp801
Tj
Carlos
Revo Askari
Barnyard (OP)

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:37:07 PM

Our next priority will be listing on exchanges, but before we do we have decided to change the retarget time of Veggie to make the coin more robust against attacks by users with huge hashing power. Changing the re-target time for blocks will mean that if someone with a lot of hashing power (50MH/s+) comes in and strips out a section of the chain, the difficulty can increase and decrease rapidly to compensate for this huge change in hashing power on the network, reducing the amount the strip miner can mine, and then increasing the amount normal miners can mine when he has left.

This change will be implemented this week, and once it is implemented, users will need to download the new version of the code from our website veggiecoin.io

For any information please check out the discord channel in the top post  Smiley thanks.
fl32biz

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:58:56 PM

So the project is moving forward  Smiley ?
Oskii

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 10:32:47 PM

So the project is moving forward  Smiley ?

It certainly is - the retarget difficulty time rules will take effect at block 17500, then we will focus on listing on exchanges as our next priority. In the meantime you can download the new software wallet directly form the website veggiecoin.io  Smiley
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:22:17 AM

Version 1.2 of the Veggie-qt is now available at veggiecoin.io ! Please download the newest version Smiley.
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:55:58 AM

I installed the new wallet, i.e version 1.2.
Getting below error, each time I start my wallet -

"Error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly but transaction dataor address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Anyone facing similar issue and how to fix this permanent ?
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:41:56 AM

I installed the new wallet, i.e version 1.2.
Getting below error, each time I start my wallet -

"Error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly but transaction dataor address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Anyone facing similar issue and how to fix this permanent ?

Are you using the correct wallet.dat from Veggie? You may accidentally be using a different blockchains wallet
chillbill

Activity: 66
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:30:28 PM

It will be good if we can all get together and lobby exchanges because those guys are swamped and they will need to see interest from the community. Does anyone know any exchange people?Huh
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:13:19 PM

It will be good if we can all get together and lobby exchanges because those guys are swamped and they will need to see interest from the community. Does anyone know any exchange people?Huh

I think this would be a really great idea. The more movement we have as a community the faster we will be able to list on exchanges
Oskii

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:48:27 PM

We're going to start working on bridging the gap between the wallet and pool mining. Now that mining in pools is the best way to accrue coins, we want to create a more user-friendly experience. Currently, Veggie miners need thrid party mining pool software, as with many other altcoins - sometimes challenging to install. This is OK for the initial adopters of the coin, because we're all coin nerds from bitcoin talk, who know what we're doing Wink

As the community grows into the general population, the Veggiecoin mining software must become easier to use. The general population is not as clued in on mining as we might be.

We will be discussing our ideas further on the discord https://discordapp.com/channels/390073260861292545/394459401097838604
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:52:28 AM

We're going to start working on bridging the gap between the wallet and pool mining. Now that mining in pools is the best way to accrue coins, we want to create a more user-friendly experience. Currently, Veggie miners need thrid party mining pool software, as with many other altcoins - sometimes challenging to install. This is OK for the initial adopters of the coin, because we're all coin nerds from bitcoin talk, who know what we're doing Wink

As the community grows into the general population, the Veggiecoin mining software must become easier to use. The general population is not as clued in on mining as we might be.

We will be discussing our ideas further on the discord https://discordapp.com/channels/390073260861292545/394459401097838604

The plan is currently to simply add a Mine button into the Wallet-qt which will allow users to easily pool mine without doing lots of complicated steps.  Smiley
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:43:00 AM

The plan is currently to simply add a Mine button into the Wallet-qt which will allow users to easily pool mine without doing lots of complicated steps.  Smiley

This will be great !!!!
vladivostokom

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:24:41 AM

i would watch this,interesting for us 
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:31:49 AM

Our first official press release is about to be distributed to all the big names! We are open for anyone to offer their suggestions if you feel like there should be stuff we can add Smiley.

Small tech startup develops new way anyone can save animals, without spending money.

23/01/2018

Veggie is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin, designed to raise funds for animals. Using their new software Veggie-qt, users generate a cryptocurrency called Veggie. The user keeps 75% of the coins they generate. The remaining 25% is sent to a separate animal fund.

The Veggie community votes on which animal charities and initiatives to fund with the separate animal fund. Users don't need to donate their money to make a real difference to the welfare of animals. Simply by running the software, users will generate wealth for themselves and help make an amazing impact on animals around the world.

Cryptocurrency is a form of digital currency, that has gained massive popularity in recent years. With the rise of currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, the cryptocurrency market value now stands at over $500 billion. The Veggie team is developing groundbreaking advancements in this technology, to improve the welfare of animals globally.

On the first day of release, hundreds of miners in the Veggie community began mining. In just one month, the community has generated over 800,000 coins, and over 200,000 coins have been generated in the animal fund.

Veggie is due to be listed with a number of popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the near future. When Veggie becomes available on exchanges, the public can begin trading it. The coins generated in the separate animal fund will be allocated to a number of charities, funds and initiatives which are chosen by the community.

The Veggie developers are currently improving the user-friendliness of the software for future updates. A simple tutorial on how to mine Veggie coins can be found here.

The Veggie software is available on Windows, OSX and Linux, and can be found here. A more detailed description of the software can be found at the Veggie website www.veggiecoin.io .
Oskii

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:16:18 PM

A big miner entered the network yesterday, driving up the difficulty with 100MH/s for roughly eight hours Smiley

The software update has enabled the blockchain to retarget the mining difficulty very quickly after spikes in hash power. This is exactly why we made this change. And just in time apparently.

Now we can feel more welcoming to larger miners, because the difficulty quickly rescales when they leave. Now is still a good time to start mining. Find details in the OP  Grin 🥕🌽

Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:14:52 AM

We have just been featured on bitcoinist.com Smiley full article can be found here:

http://bitcoinist.com/small-tech-startup-develops-new-way-anyone-can-save-animals-without-spending-money/
oric

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:48:26 AM

I am very pleased with the development of the company. I believe in the project!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: