Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🥔🍅🥑 VEGGIE 🥕🍆🌽 A Cryptocurrency For The Animals! 🐮🐷🐔🐶🐱 [LIVE!]  (Read 24417 times)
Oskii

Activity: 244
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:55:23 AM

We'll have another video of us helping animals in need in the next few days Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbmustaq

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:21:04 AM

Dev,

I liked the video but my question is how do you think Miners will be able to help vegie as the miners are mining the coin and converting to BTC for themselves. I appreciate the initiative but I want to know how you are going to generate income and help other animals.

Unless there is a fees or something which will allocate some vegie from miners mined coins. Can you please eleborate on this for my and community understanding.

BTW you are doing a noble cause. Keep it up.
Barnyard (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

Dev,

I liked the video but my question is how do you think Miners will be able to help vegie as the miners are mining the coin and converting to BTC for themselves. I appreciate the initiative but I want to know how you are going to generate income and help other animals.

Unless there is a fees or something which will allocate some vegie from miners mined coins. Can you please eleborate on this for my and community understanding.

BTW you are doing a noble cause. Keep it up.

Hi Jbmustaq, 20% of the mining reward automatically is sent to a separate animal fund which is going towards helping animals. The remaining 80% of the mining reward is kept by the miner, and he/she can spend it however they like, which includes donating it as well if they want. This is allow Veggie in the long term to become the choice currency for animal friendly goods and services.
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:11:31 PM

A few days ago we set out on a mission to save our first animal. Today we are taking on a bigger challenge, and donating a large sum of food and necessities to an animal shelter in Melbourne, Australia.

YouTube video out soon! 🥦 🍑
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:22:42 AM

We visited and helped a great shelter today Smiley
rudytest2017

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:24:03 AM

wow, I like the idea of veggie coin.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:32:17 AM

how many total coins is it ? is this coin used for shop in pet shop ?

if yes then, is there any market or pet shop that already collaborate with veggie
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:48:12 AM

if yes then, is there any market or pet shop that already collaborate with veggie

Max supply is capped at 25m, currently there is ~7million in supply. A number of charities will soon have their own Veggie wallet that will accept donations in VEGI. Our long term plan is for Veggiecoin to be the choice currency for animal friendly goods and services.

Although the project is only 2 months old... But we are making great progress  Grin
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:54:29 AM

Max supply is capped at 25m, currently there is ~7million in supply. A number of charities will soon have their own Veggie wallet that will accept donations in VEGI. Our long term plan is for Veggiecoin to be the choice currency for animal friendly goods and services.

Although the project is only 2 months old... But we are making great progress  Grin

but the name of coins have no related with an animal  Grin Huh

maybe veggie must compete with dogecoin if for animal
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:20:44 AM

Although the project is only 2 months old... But we are making great progress  Grin

but the name of coins have no related with an animal  Grin Huh

maybe veggie must compete with dogecoin if for animal

Veggie is a reference to vegetarians etc, typically the ones who care about animals most - people who aren't familiar with animal welfare don't get it sometimes, but those that are familiar tend to understand the reference.

Wehelpanimalscoin doesn't quite have the same ring I don't think
LamboQueen

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:30:08 AM

Its only been around 3 months and this crypto coin has done so much.. Really looking forward to watching all the YouTube videos of the animals!!!!!
Barnyard (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:55:36 AM

Its only been around 3 months and this crypto coin has done so much.. Really looking forward to watching all the YouTube videos of the animals!!!!!

Thanks, we're really looking forward to showing the world what the Veggie community has done!
Machine Funk

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:54:37 AM

This looks nice. Nice idea I like it. I just want to know what will you do with the donation money to help animals?
Then I want to know what sort of animal friendly product are you talking about making? Will the be bio degradeable?
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 10:16:18 AM

This looks nice. Nice idea I like it. I just want to know what will you do with the donation money to help animals?
Then I want to know what sort of animal friendly product are you talking about making? Will the be bio degradeable?

The original idea was to use the funds based on what the community votes to use them on - but I believe that will have to wait until the coin is a bit more established, and we have set up relationships with a few charities etc. We're in the process of doing this for now.

In the meantime we have been using the funds to support animal rescue, both wildlife rescue and abandoned/neglected pets. We are uploading videos of our work to YouTube and are very open to communication with the community on how else we can use the funds.

As for the products we are hoping to make available for purchase with Veggie - that all depends on who will adopt the coin. Currently we are in the process of giving Veggie wallets to a number of charities and organisations. It will be up to them how far they go with it
jbmustaq

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:47:17 PM

First Coin I have seen standing firm to a cause. Great job from Dev.
EcoBike

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:49:25 PM

Lovely Project!
There's a Bounty campaign?
bakapabo

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:06:49 AM

Veggie is a reference to vegetarians etc, typically the ones who care about animals most - people who aren't familiar with animal welfare don't get it sometimes, but those that are familiar tend to understand the reference.

then you should name it like vegancoin or sheltercoin
vegetarians are among the egocentrics of this world, unlike vegan
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 03:20:55 AM

then you should name it like vegancoin or sheltercoin
vegetarians are among the egocentrics of this world, unlike vegan

It's not a vegan coin though - the funding is used based on the voting of the community. It could go in any direction it really depends what the community wants.

If the community votes the funding to go to vegan causes, then it organically becomes a vegan coin. Otherwise, if the community votes on it helping homeless animals or abused animals, it'll become that kind of coin.

We want to keep it democratic, one we have a good list of candidates. For now we're helping animal shelters in the meantime. It can be quite bureaucratic to set up these relationships and we're finding that it's taking time to establish them. So for now we are sticking to shelters who need urgent funding, food, help etc. 
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

Lovely Project!
There's a Bounty campaign?

Translations for bounties are always welcome Smiley Pm me on our discord if you can translate
Oskii

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:51:08 AM

You can now trade Veggie for USD!

SouthXchange has now added this functionality

Currently 1 VEGI = 0.1USD

🥦

https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/VEGI/USD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: