Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Bitmain Miner USA?  (Read 194 times)
Sameguy69 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:13:25 AM

Hopefully I am just being paranoid here but after reading so many scam reports I am starting to feel a little worried.  With Bitmain not even taking orders for Antminer S9 (sold out) I found bitmainminerusa.com had January pre-orders for $2499.  Priced high but just to be able to order any at all seemed like a good deal.  I was able to pay with PayPal and the funds cleared from my paypal account on Dec 5.  I have yet to receive a confirmation email as of today, Dec 7.  I emailed them this evening but it was after business hours so haven’t heard anything back.  I know it hasn’t been that long but in all of my internet shopping, I don’t recall waiting so long for a confirmation email. 

Any info or reviews of bitmanminerusa.com would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beardedtacofish

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:50:29 AM

I'd also like to know if anyone has dealt with this company.  Not a horrible price with psu and free shipping.
FloppyNutzs

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:10:54 PM

OP can you provide an update? Has there been any communication from the seller? Have you received anything? When are you supposed to get those?
Sameguy69 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:35:37 PM

Sorry for the delay on updating this.  I had multiple reasons for not trusting this sale.  For one the only mention of Bitmainminerusa in could find in a google search was on a Steemit post of someone saying he bought equipment and it arrived on time and in good condition.  The author of that post shares the same email as Bitmainminerusa, which led me to believe the Steemit post was fraudulent.  If you own the company, you didn’t buy equipment there, right?  Secondly, a WHOIS search revealed the owner of Bitmainminerusa was private and the site was started in November of 2017.  Not very long to be I business on my book.  Thirdly I emailed Bitmain directly and was told they have ZERO connection to this site. 

Now for the good news.  After no reply from Bitmainminerusa I opened up a case with PayPal.  My complaints were that no confirmation email was sent and the seller did not return my Emil’s or phone calls.  Bitmainminerusa quickly produced a confirmation email, however my feet were so cold with this transaction I requested a refund and it was given. 

I still don’t know if this seller Is legit since I cancelled my purchase.  I did note as i am still on their mailing list, they showed 2 Antminer S9 available for pre order from the late January batch for $3700 each the day after I cancelled my order.  Those would have been my machines at a higher time price than I paid. 

I would venture to guess that this is a small time operator trying to look bigger than he is.  Maybe he is a legit seller but there were too many red flags for me to feel comfortable with $5k dangeling out there in the ether for an undetermined amount of time. 

If anyone plans to buy from them I suggest you use a credit card so you can have some buyer protection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: