Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:57:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch #3 & More  (Read 5868 times)
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:02:12 PM

@BitSyncom,

Is there any feedback on the refund form submitted? I wonder if you get it and all is ok before it will be too late.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:02:48 PM

I have a ticket open for a refund. Reconsidering now that we have a solid shipping date, though. Probably won't be receiving a refund anyway since I didn't keep my BitPay invoice URL. I figured the receipt I got from Avalon would contain whatever information I needed to do business with them in the future. Silly me. :-/

I was lucky and kept the thanks-page for all products i bought with avalon. So i could go back one step in history and got the bitpay invoice url.

But i dont understand what the russian guy wrote. He writes something like that he clicked a bitpay link? I only filled the form but dont remember that i could do more than that.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:16:03 PM

Well,
What he is saying, is that he did 3 things,
First opened a ticket, at bitsyncom page 20 days ago.

Second, filled the form, that Yifu sended to us.

Third, he somehow managed to press a refund button, on the bitpays page.

After all those manipulations, he received his refund in 4 partitions.
23.5+19+18+18

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:42:45 PM

Well,
What he is saying, is that he did 3 things,
First opened a ticket, at bitsyncom page 20 days ago.

Second, filled the form, that Yifu sended to us.

Third, he somehow managed to press a refund button, on the bitpays page.

After all those manipulations, he received his refund in 4 partitions.
23.5+19+18+18

Thanks. But i cant find a refund button at the invoice url. It only states that i paid in full. Ill wait then. Filled that form 24 hours before so i wonder when something will happen. I mean only 48 hours time until the timeframe is gone. So i hope everything went correctly.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:44:37 AM

all refunds are in full, in addition

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

I don't ever recall seeing a Bitpay invoice URL.
I have the bitcoin client and I can find my transaction ID under transactions -> show transaction details.
So... TXID is easy.

Where do we find our return address?

sneef

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:49:22 AM

you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs.

Bitsyncom

Will you please address your Batch 2 buyers with problems in this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255130

monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:44:02 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 01:58:23 PM by monkee

I don't ever recall seeing a Bitpay invoice URL.
I have the bitcoin client and I can find my transaction ID under transactions -> show transaction details.
So... TXID is easy.

Where do we find our return address?

i believe it means that he will send refunds only to an address that was involved in sending the coins TO him originally (to prevent fraud)
if the address you sent from when you paid is the same address you want your BTC returned to, you're good
if you paid from mt. gox, or a wallet address you do not own, you are s.o.l., unless you have the invoice URL

but don't quote me Smiley

*edit* sort of answered here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242627.msg2719737#msg2719737
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:42:59 PM

While avalon says they will start shipping batch #3 on monday, is there a reason why people are trying to request refunds? seems i m missing something here

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

tagada

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:54:51 PM

While avalon says they will start shipping batch #3 on monday, is there a reason why people are trying to request refunds? seems i m missing something here

ROI is pretty compromised now. With the delay and all those chips they will start shipping at pretty much the same time as batch #3, it's going to be tough mining those 75/100 btc back, even with some overclocking. I'd rather have 100btc in hand now than a "maybe you'll get it back in a year"
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:03:56 PM

ROI is pretty compromised now. With the delay and all those chips they will start shipping at pretty much the same time as batch #3, it's going to be tough mining those 75/100 btc back, even with some overclocking. I'd rather have 100btc in hand now than a "maybe you'll get it back in a year"
Correct. And I think they should refund 5% more for the interest because of the delay.
cmdbill (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:21:31 PM

-"No Refunds - The Avalon units are made on a built-to-order basis. This means when you place an order, your bitcoins are used to order parts to construct your Avalon Unit. Refunds therefore are impossible. Utilizing a short time frame, batch based, and built-to-order method allows to manage finances properly and reduce risk for all parties. e.g. Avalon ASIC, the re-sellers and the buyers."

There was not a refund option in the first place. Given there have been delays and setbacks, Yufi stated he would refund do to delays.

-"we opened refunding option for batch #3 order since it is quite delayed, batch 2 is shipping and should be finished shipping in the end of the month, then batch #3 is to start right after, we are not refunding chip orders since the coins gets sold and is used to pay for chip order at foundry, canceling is not really possible."

He also stated all refunds will be paid in full (no additional interest).

-"all refunds are in full, in addition, you must obtain the invoice URL OR your return address must be one of the inputs."

You can get your BTC back at least. This was never an option in the first place. I think what everyone is pondering at this point is when this will occur.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

Ok, but that will count if those clone manufacturers use those chips effectively. Those miners are no cheaper than 80 btc anyway and many such clones lack built in wifi capabilities etc.
In the worst case u can just auction the avalon once it reaches to your hand in auction section of this form or over ebay and u can easily get one and half times of the btc u could get refunded. Just my thoughts Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

mik3

Activity: 245
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:30:35 PM

Yeah i submitted a refund ticket, nobody is going to bid on your avalon more than you paid as ROI is nearly impossible to achieve, especially with all the avalon chips, and ASICminer constantly adding new units online. Not counting all those other new companies.
troner

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:03:35 PM

Is there any trusted source which confirms the google refund form ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qYcIa0TQqUDJzvaKrF8mlJFfPRbf_h5d85Ers3wu040/viewform?pli=1 )
is legit and produced by BitSyncom? I got no newsletter via email.

I'm surprised how many people just fill it out without wondering where it came from...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:08:12 PM

Did some more get a refund or a reaction at all?

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:22:35 PM

It is unfortunate that the refund mechanism is separate from the store.  
I just submitted a support ticket to confirm my refund request and I realized I had put in the wrong order number yesterday (could see it in the form insta-fill of the browser).   Good thing I double checked. I just corrected it with another refund form entry, but I hope it gets read in time.
mik3

Activity: 245
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:38:18 PM

It was the weekend and it is 5am in China now, I think we should see refunds shortly.
tolan77

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:05:22 PM

This has nothing to do with Batch #3 but the Batch 2 countdown thread seems locked so I'm posting here. My friend was one of the earliest orders of batch #2 and has yet to receive anything close to shipping information for his avalon yet they are about to start sending batch 3. He only has a noobie account but his post about it is here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255910.0 I really hope Yifu or somebody sees this and helps my buddy out.
cmdbill (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

It's the 15th, what happens now? The deadline is over for submitting the form. If anyone receives anymore information please post.
koob

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:55:29 PM

It's the 15th, what happens now? The deadline is over for submitting the form. If anyone receives anymore information please post.

Its already 10.00 PM of July 15th in China. Nothing happened  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: