Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my 2011 bitcointalk Hero account hacked  (Read 1227 times)
wixord (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:12:02 AM

My original 2011 bitcointalk hero account suddenly got hacked

I already sent a signed PGP message to Cyrus & theymoss but they did not reply

please help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:34:27 AM

They are the only ones which are able to help you, and  you just need to remain patient as there's a current backlog on recovering accounts as it's not the highest priority. Send a reminder every week or two without spamming them. As long as you've provided them with sufficient evidence and it's formatted quickly, they will eventually get around to you.
wixord (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:34:54 AM

They are the only ones which are able to help you, and  you just need to remain patient as there's a current backlog on recovering accounts as it's not the highest priority. Send a reminder every week or two without spamming them. As long as you've provided them with sufficient evidence and it's formatted quickly, they will eventually get around to you.

Thanks for your respond, yeah it sad that a hacker broke bitcointalk database but I dont understand why bitcointalk forum did not enforced a new security like SMS Auth or 2FA for login, it did not even remind me to change the password ?
Fastpowz

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:57:35 AM

Sadly have the same problem on a Senior member account. Thing is that I never posted my BTC address anywhere so now someone is just using my account to collect bounties..
wixord (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:48:41 AM

Sadly have the same problem on a Senior member account. Thing is that I never posted my BTC address anywhere so now someone is just using my account to collect bounties..
Pindolazzo

Activity: 25
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:05:06 PM

same situation,

i suppose you are use your birthday date for password, there are a lot of hacked account with this method.

Pindol
wixord (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:09:33 PM

same situation,

i suppose you are use your birthday date for password, there are a lot of hacked account with this method.

Pindol

No I did not use my birthday as my password, I used quite complex password , the database must be leaked to get my password.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

same situation,

Pindol

No I did not use my birthday as my password, I used quite complex password , the database must be leaked to get my password.
Did you change your password after 2012 Bitcointalk Database breach?
If not, we know how they figured out your password and its being sold at Darknet Marketplace.

Try to send Theymos or Cyrus PM every few months, Chances are your PM got skipped by them accidentally.
I just recovered my accounts too, it took me around 4 months for Cyrus to reply to my PM Smiley
wixord (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:12:41 AM

same situation,

Pindol

If not, we know how they figured out your password and its being sold at Darknet Marketplace.

Try to send Theymos or Cyrus PM every few months, Chances are your PM got skipped by them accidentally.
I just recovered my accounts too, it took me around 4 months for Cyrus to reply to my PM Smiley

I did not changed it Sad

Glad to hear that you got your account back, so there is still a little hope for me and Yeah I will keep doing it hopefully I got my account back, thanks.
wixord (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:37:53 AM

Jan 2018 , still no reply from bitcointalk admin

losing hope Sad
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:51:27 PM

losing hope Sad
When did the last time you PM'ed either Theymos or Cyrus?
Try to PM them again, your PM might get skipped by them accidentaly
I recovered my account within 5 months, you might recover your account at around my time or longer if you're not lucky enough.
wixord (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:34:31 PM

losing hope Sad
When did the last time you PM'ed either Theymos or Cyrus?
Try to PM them again, your PM might get skipped by them accidentaly
I recovered my account within 5 months, you might recover your account at around my time or longer if you're not lucky enough.

27 December 2017, PM'ed both of them, no reply Sad
wixord (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:55:27 AM

28 February 2018 still no news from admin Sad
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:08:54 AM

You just got to keep on trying them every so often. I'm not sure how frequent but, send a reminder every 2 weeks/month and eventually they should get back to you. Judging by the amount of people complaining they have been waiting for months there's a huge backlog currently. So it's unlikely they've missed your messages, it's just there's so many people before you in the queue.
popomaru

Activity: 300
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:43:10 PM

I think hackers aimed for merit points.
I think that the number of people suffering from the hacking will increase in future. Sad
Kvanko

Activity: 602
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:08:09 PM

Wow, didn't think it's such a long procedure. Good luck, hopefully your account will be returned soon.
lord munchkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

I've seen a lot of these threads with users who have proven they own a hacked account but I see very few being recovered. I don't think theymos has the time to help every one of these hacked accounts.

I know it isn't what you want to hear but there is a 90% (or very high) chance that your account wont be recovered.
wixord (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:40:26 AM

thanks for all the input guys, hopefully mod can restore my account

been trying to PM them with GPG signed with my old BTC address.
rmel0924

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:06:45 AM

same situation,

Pindol

I did not changed it Sad

Glad to hear that you got your account back, so there is still a little hope for me and Yeah I will keep doing it hopefully I got my account back, thanks.
My account has also hacked they change my email address. I locked my account so as nobody can use it. I already wrote a message to Cyrus. I hope he will answer me in a few days later.
tingcq9

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:31:54 PM

There are many people who have the same experience as you, too long to recover their account.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: