Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:06:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Store Engine  (Read 563 times)
Fizpok (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:19:03 AM

snowcron.com, the Bitcoin Store Engine, renewed again.
Testers / users welcome, any comments appreciated (except, sorry, need two more days to produce nice tutorial, but the interface is intended to be simple anyway).

In two words, it allows you to create an online store (say, you want to sell a computer program, eBook or some other goods with DIGITAL delivery), and it will trace payment to your wallet (we don't receive your money). When payment arrives, the customer gets an e.mail with the info (like reg. code) he ordered.

The idea is to help people who do not want to run their own web site, with server-side scripts and database, to sell digital items. However, the engine can easily handle store with thousands of items as well, so it can be used by larger businesses.

Free, of course.
Good luck.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:53:00 AM

Could have legs.  There might be a fair bit of support work though. Ie, who does the customer contact if something goes wrong?  The vendor will have to pass the enquire to you for tech support and diagnostics.
Fizpok (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:37:11 PM

You are absolutely correct.

The most unpleasant thing with Bitcoins, from Store Developer's point of view, is anonimity.
Currently, if customer does not pay, order expires. If he pays less, he gets an e.mail, saying "here is vendor's e.mail, insufficient funds".
If he pays more, he gets an e.mail saying "here is your order, but you have paid extra, so here is vendor's e.mail..."
I am going to add a more advanced logging system, so you can trace back, who (e.mail) have sent money and for what.
However, to make the system bullet-proof, I need to ask your customer for a Bitcoin address for refunds, which is BAD, as he might or might not want to provide it...

My point of view is, the Engine is for tracking down payments and sending info that was ordered ONLY. As for any kind of support - this is between customer and seller. I do not control their money in any way and I am not part of their business.

Example: customer pays, e.mail with reg. code goes to junk folder and is trashed. What can I possibly do?
Example: see above, plus the customer is paranoid, he uses an e.mail address he created for this sole purpose, and then he forgets the password, so he can not access it. Now there is NO WAY he can proove the money came from him.

Well, this is the back side of Bitcoin's anonimity.

What would you say, is it a good idea to ask the customer for an id, which is a Bitcoin address, that can be (if the seller agrees) used for refund purposes?

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: