Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create address in windows command line (Apache server, PHP)  (Read 152 times)
albalxzd4 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:51:28 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 03:13:58 AM by albalxzd4

So I have a project where when a wallet is imported it creates addresses from the private keys, but I’m using a PHP script that I found and it's terrible slow, needs almost 4 seconds to create one address! 

I was searching and I found vanitygen which apparently makes like millions of addresses every second, that’s some difference…, but that’s only for creating vanity addresses or random, but not from a private key.

I’ve been looking and I’m not finding anything that works or that I can make it work. I just one something simple like vanitygen that I can call from the command line.

PD: I installed Python 2.7 working with ecdsa, the scripts I found didn't work with 3.6. Now I'm down to 0.5 seconds, not bad, but still if I compare it with what software like vanitygen can do seems like a lot. I would like to find something better. (I'm calling Python thru the command line from PHP)

PD2: I'm trying to compile vanitygen with mingw, to see if I can mod it later, but in Windows that’s just a nightmare. Lots of errors, and I'm not to wise at this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: