Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:15:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's a token ?  (Read 883 times)
XwolfY (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:44:01 AM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:07:01 PM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes

It's like shares: you invest and then can have a benefits for a lower price.

Please, it's a "Beginners" section on that forum and you can have all the answers there but not in "Economics" section.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:41:26 PM

That's good idea. We start fill google form in an airdrop. Just follow the rule and we will get many coins from the airdrop Smiley
sapusapu

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:41:27 PM

If you have enough money, you can invest your money in an airdrop. An airdrop always giving follower many tokens Smiley
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

It's like shares: you invest and then can have a benefits for a lower price.

Tokens arent like shares. Stakes (like offered in some altcoin campaigns) are comparable to shares.
But token is not a synonym for shares/stakes. A token (in general) is an abstract object which gives the owner the right to perform some actions.
For example, BTC is also a token, because if you own this token you are eligible to transfer btc's on the network.
Tokens (in airdrops) are mostly used to raise money. The ealry investors have the chance to get tokens cheap while their price might rise in the future.
Most of these tokens have a special use e.g. as a security token, verification token, etc..

Esiunin

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

Token is a unique key, representing a long set of symbols and giving its owner the right to use digital services. The meaning of this concept is best understood by the example: the Yandex.Maps service has an API that allows any webmaster to embed a Yandex map on his site. However, in order to use this thing, you need to get a special key (token), which must be specified when accessing the service. In this case, the token is not secret, but is bound to a specific domain. Tokens are both paid and free, depending on the type of service and their supplier.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:27:58 PM

By investing in token you can have a benefits for such a small amount of price. For me you should try to invest in airdrop because they are always giving the follower of them a token which we can use.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

They are essentially coins but they are created out of thin air with a smart contract generally. Most of these tokens are made on the Ethereum network and as you probably may or may not know they are called ERC20 tokens or ERC223 for some others (most are ERC20). They can also be made on other networks like Waves or Next but the simplest way to create a token is on the Ethereum network.

margielyn

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:15:09 AM

I think the tokens are also one of the coins you'll need to earn it for you to get tokens and this will be a reward for the members of the bitcoins website.
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:05:22 AM

Token is a small tool like a calculator to secure internet banking transactions or to prove that you are a true legitimate user. One of the technological advances of a secure transaction tool.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:01:53 AM

Token is actually a form of instrument that can be transferable to make real paper money in the future, for example token to etherium and etherium to bitcoin, and the last bitcoin into money. Token is also a line business of cryptocurrencies, it is used by different campaign for the form of payments to all workers or members.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:13:53 AM

if you at least read the sticky posts in subforum Tokens (Altcoins) you wouldn't need to create this thread
go over there and read the sticky theymos' Definition of tokens

bakekang008

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:27:13 AM

Token is like a coin or money but if you like to sell it its different, because you pay the value of this but if you have a lot of token then its better to hold it and wait the best price and sell it already.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Jabiii

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:28:23 AM

Tokens are give by ICOs or airdrops wherein it is a stake that you get for the work you’ve done for them. At the start it has no value until such time that many people invest to them. The value depends if it is on its hard cap or soft cap. Hard cap is the best price and soft cap is the lower price.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Rafar8

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:29:22 AM

A token is an accounting unit that is used to represent a digital balance in a certain asset. Accounting for tokens is maintained in the database on the basis of blocking technology, and access to them is done through special applications using electronic signature schemes.

What are the types of tokens?
- Equity tokens - represent the company's shares.
- Utility tokens - reflect some value within the business model of the online platform (reputation, scores for certain actions, game currency).
- Asset-backed tokens - digital obligations for real goods or services (kilograms of carrots, hours of work of the builder, etc.).

What can a token be provided with?
Directly provided can be only asset-backed tokens. In this case, the token is a digital counterpart of a real (physical) asset or service. For example, one token can be equated to one square meter of living space or the ability to go for one session to a movie theater. The guarantor of the conversion of the token into security is the organization itself, which stores goods or provides services.

What is asset tokenization?
Tokenizatsiya - a process of transformation of accounting and asset management, in which each asset is represented in the form of a digital token. The essence of tokenization is the creation of digital analogs for real values ​​with the aim of quickly and safely working with them. For example, the owner of a bakery creates an electronic accounting system in which he issues digital obligations for rolls - tokens. Having a fairly good reputation, the owner of a bakery can pre-sell rolls, selling tokens on trading floors on the Internet. In this case, any owner of tokens can come to the bakery and exchange one token for one roll.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:33:42 AM

In cryptocurrency, Airdrops is a free token given from the developer to their loyal supporters as way of appreciation for their supports. Token is digital or virtual objects that represents the developer's name. You can trade that token once it will be available in their respective exchanges. Some tokens from airdrops will take more time before it has value in the exchanges.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
amzad

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:39:58 AM

I think there was few ether based projects who started with airdrop. I think mana coin or mana base is the one with the airdrop that is going to be tthere. they are yet to be public right now. so we have to wait and see.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:20:16 AM

As far as i know every cryptocurrency can be called as a token,bitcoin and etherium are also an example of a token.e.g (i have  xx bitcoin token).Token is not just the currency that's been distributed by some airdrop,but token is the general meaning of all the cryptocurrency.As for majority,people sometimes refer currencies that are made from erc-20,etherium platform as a token.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:40:10 AM

Airdrop is a way to promote the project to attract investors as well as let more people know about it. Airdrop often takes less than a token to create a bounty topic on the forum, but the effect is not high.

handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:55:30 AM

Token is project of the big company because of the ICO many token in th campaign will you get if your joined in the campaign and make a job for a week or a months it is a project from different country and many caimpaign to get this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: