Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's a token ?  (Read 881 times)
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:32:42 PM

Tokens are the one to be distributed for the people who work for the project and that when the time comes that it has a price already in the market you can sell it and you can have money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:34:54 AM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes
In cryptocurrency token is composing of different coin. if you are joined on bounty campaign or participating airdrop they give you back token as your rewards for your participation and the equivalent of this is coin.
donpepot

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

If you have enough money, you can invest your money in an airdrop. An airdrop always giving follower many tokens Smiley

a thing serving as a visible or tangible representation of a fact, quality, feeling, etc.mistletoe was cut from an oak tree as a token of good fortune"
petyang12

Activity: 352

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes
That's good idea. We start fill google form in an airdrop. Just follow the rule and we will get many coins from the airdrop Smiley
Yes thats good but you always need to be active in bitcointalk or you'll miss the airdrop. Just like he mention that you need to fill a form in order to get the tokens they share.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
KlepZ

Activity: 330

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:15:21 PM

The Ethereum token standard (ERC20) is used for Ethereum smart contracts. Developed in 2015, ERC20 defines a common list of rules that an Ethereum token has to implement. Giving developers the ability to program how new tokens will function within the Ethereum ecosystem. This token protocol became popular with crowdfunding companies via initial coin offering (ICO).
As of January 2018, there were more than 21,000 ERC20 token contracts.Among the most successful ERC20 token sales are EOS, Sirin Labs, Bancor, Quash, and BANKEX raising over $70 million each. Mercury Protocol's Global Messaging Token is an example of an application based on ERC20 tokens.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:18:53 PM

That's good idea. We start fill google form in an airdrop. Just follow the rule and we will get many coins from the airdrop Smiley
Yes thats good but you always need to be active in bitcointalk or you'll miss the airdrop. Just like he mention that you need to fill a form in order to get the tokens they share.
Tokens is actually a payment to any participants in a particular campaign or ICO. It is created by many developers and the name of coin is based also on the campaign name and this coins is being sale and this is actually offered by a signature campaign. Many investors can buy it and then they will hold it for more income.
Kemon

Activity: 159
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:45:26 PM

Token is a unique key, representing a long set of symbols and giving its owner the right to use digital services. The meaning of this concept is best understood by the example: the Yandex.Maps service has an API that allows any webmaster to embed a Yandex map on his site. However, in order to use this thing, you need to get a special key (token), which must be specified when accessing the service. In this case, the token is not secret, but is bound to a specific domain. Tokens are both paid and free, depending on the type of service and their supplier.
Token Is a unit of calculation in CryptA Capital's investment portfolio, the world's crypto currency investment products. By buying / selling tokens, investors have invested or withdrawn their capital. The greater the number of tokens purchased, the greater the portion of the assets an investor can have in his portfolio. The token value is calculated based on the total asset value of the investment portfolio on the day the fund is invested by the investor.
amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:52:44 PM

A token is a special frame that is passed from node to node around a ring network. When it gets to a node that needs to transmit data, the node changes the token into a data frame and transmits it to the recipient. 
A token is essential to the inner workings of a token ring network.
Techopedia explains Token
The token can only be handled by a single node at a time. The bearer of the token is the only one allowed to send data around the network to a recipient node within the network. The bearer of the token writes the address of the recipient and the data to be sent, and then sends it to the next node in the series.
When the sender node sends the token to the next node, that node reads the address. If that node is not the intended recipient, it sends the data to the next node and so on. Finally, when the recipient node reads the data and knows that it is the recipient, it takes the data and sends the token back to the the sender's address with a message indicating that the data was received. The token is then sent around the ring again until it reaches the sender/bearer of the token. After using the token, a node releases it back into the network so other nodes will be able to use it.
Although token ring transmission seems to be a slow process, users rarely notice it because data communication occurs rapidly.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 08:41:36 AM

A token is something who is worth something.
A good example is my token faucet.

You earn free WSPU2pts and you can trade the WSPU2pts for dollars on the faucet site.

You know that 1 WSPU2pts is worth 1 WSPU2 tradable on the ETHEREUM blockchain.

Total WSPU2pts earned: 654.74667659
Total pending dollars earned: 0.17393012
Total claims: 544
WSPU2pts price in dollar: 0.00155

One can say a token is a kind of share.

wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

Tokens is the terms use in any ICO projects in the promotion of certain project being launched inthe internet, the tokens which is made for that kind of project are been sold to thosr who invest in that certain ICOs , while those are been offered to join the campaign of that project will also be given the same token as in the presell of tokens and after the project will be successful the bounty campaigner will be given this tokens.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:21:12 AM

Token is use in the ICO. Where you need to promote the certain token by joing campaign and token worth something And airdrop is where you can get free token without fee or don’t need to join campaign.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:45:10 AM

A token is a special frame that is passed from node to node around a ring network. It is communicating to other computers and devices on the network. It is often refers to a position of a much larger piece of data. A token can only be handled by a single node at a time.
yunzau

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:02:33 AM

yes my opinion token is a value that works the same way with money without any physical form and that includes an asset.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:16:14 PM

I think everythings has been said already and i have nothing to add on,what i can make is an advice,that you must be aware about airdrops because more than legit is a scammer,more of them are just getting our email and use to add on their social media sites that they can use as campaign materials for some projects.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:37:28 PM

Well in my own perspective about token, this is the amount of money with exchange to same amount the you give, in bounty campaigns token serves as the amount of profit that you can get which is the medium of payment that you can get with exchange to the servuce that yiu have done by the distinct period of the time that you well performed.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

For you to understand, it simply a cash share by doing a simple task by the ICO(you can sa it a "company"). How to receive that thing? By doing airdrop and bounty. As what I said above, it only requires a simple activity.

Novania

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

Token is a calculation in CryptA capital investment portfolio, which is the investment product of the world's krypto currency.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:35:20 PM

As far I know and maybe I am wrong, token usually using ethereum network and token always have smart contract. Token have their own platform for they purpose but they use ethereum blockchain.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Cairo18

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:55:32 PM

As far I know and maybe I am wrong, token usually using ethereum network and token always have smart contract. Token have their own platform for they purpose but they use ethereum blockchain.

It is a flat form metal use for a remembrance, or it could a frame of crypto currency that use for ICO's funding goal to launch a project. It also  used for investing  bitcoin.
Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

So token are native to each blockchain. They are used to secure the network by incentivization of the participants. Tokens can take up any form >>it can be equity, asset, currency within the network. In it’s simplest terms, its just a unit of value in the blockchain. Thus Only permissionless ledgers (public Blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum), need some sort of incentive mechanism to guarantee that block validators do their job according to the predefined rules

I have a read an great article on this. the link is https://blockchainhub.net/tokens/

Please read and enjoy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: