Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 firmware problem  (Read 247 times)
JKMines_104 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:38:15 AM

Hello, this is my first time using this site. (and no offense, but I hope it's my last because I'm only here to get help.) First, I'm 14 years old, and have an Antminer S7. It's been running smoothly ever since late January of this year. Just a day ago, the red LED came on and it stopped mining. I went to the IP and it had x.x.x.x for hardware version, and no information for cgminer version. I troubleshooted some and found out it was that the firmware had been lost. I reflashed a new version of the firmware, and it didn't work. I reset it using the button next to the LEDs. That didn't work. I've been kinda sad, as I've made over 7K with that machine. Please help.

Sincerely,
                                                         A very confused kid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:45:14 AM

Hello, this is my first time using this site. (and no offense, but I hope it's my last because I'm only here to get help.) First, I'm 14 years old, and have an Antminer S7. It's been running smoothly ever since late January of this year. Just a day ago, the red LED came on and it stopped mining. I went to the IP and it had x.x.x.x for hardware version, and no information for cgminer version. I troubleshooted some and found out it was that the firmware had been lost. I reflashed a new version of the firmware, and it didn't work. I reset it using the button next to the LEDs. That didn't work. I've been kinda sad, as I've made over 7K with that machine. Please help.

Sincerely,
                                                         A very confused kid

Hi,
Try moving the question here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=40.0

There will probably be more people that can help there vs the bitcoin technical support section.

Good luck!
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:59:05 PM

If CGminer is not running you will not see all of the info on the status page. You say you found out the firmware was lost. If the firmware was lost you would never be able to browse to the web UI to see anything. Check in the kernel log for errors, that will tell you whats going on. You probably just have a bad fan or something simple.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: