Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A report about Bitmit and I am gonna sue them soon  (Read 2356 times)
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:17:30 PM

It started like this
A japanese guy bought paypal funds from me with his bitcoins through bitmit.
After a couple of hours paypal wanted to investigate the funds to make sure it wasn't use for anything illegal which is normal and happens all the time.
I told the japanese guy to tell them that he sold me anything so that paypal can remove hold of the funds which always works with any problems from this issue.
Instead the guy told paypal he sold bitcoins for these paypal funds .....
In the next day paypal shut-down 7 of my paypal accounts that had over 60k$ in them and they won't give me back to it.
I have warned the guy before that its illegal to exchange bitcoins for paypal and told me its allowed in japan WHICH IS A BIG LIE.
Now the guy want to sue me for not giving him back the coins,I don't know if he has a valid reason.
I have lost 60k$ because of him but I can't sue him because my funds were used for illegal exchanges so I can't get it back right ?
And it seems he can sue me for not giving him back his coins in an illegal exchange too ?.

And bitmit co-operated with that kid and gave him MY FULL INFORMATION/ADDRESS/EMAIL/IP.
Thats enough to sue bitmit for leaking my private information to a normal customer right ?

I am already talking to my lawyer,but wanted to share this with everyone to be careful with bitmit.
The japanese guy bitmit name is itsusony so be careful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:23:56 PM

"I am already talking to my lawyer" lol...did you guys discuss it over a snackpack at the cafeteria?
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:24:51 PM

"I am already talking to my lawyer" lol...did you guys discuss it over a snackpack at the cafeteria?

Cellphone ?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:31:35 PM

Look bro first this that you did wrong is making 7 Paypal accounts, second mistake you did is storing 60k on paypal (who the hell stores that much money on pp).

If your accounts were verified with real info you will get money back otherwise not.

Bitmit did right thing by giving your details to him as some people sell stolen/illegal PP funds.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:38:34 PM

Look bro first this that you did wrong is making 7 Paypal accounts, second mistake you did is storing 60k on paypal (who the hell stores that much money on pp).

If your accounts were verified with real info you will get money back otherwise not.

Bitmit did right thing by giving your details to him as some people sell stolen/illegal PP funds.
First thing
Bitmit has no rights to give full info to anyone without an FBI or a court order.
Read law a little bit more

Second thing,my paypal accounts were not limited,they were SHUT DOWN.
And I store 60k on my accounts because I been working in e-currency exchange for 2 years already.
So sometimes some people want big exchanges,it is not my fault that he knew exchanging paypal to bitcoins was illegal and he still told paypal he sold bitcoins ?
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:45:31 PM

By the way,do you even know that FBI/NPA/Interpol or what ever it is in his country wouldn't help him get his funds back even if it was stole pp funds ? because he gave his bitcoins for an illegal exchange ? and that bitcoins can't be refunded even by the police ?

Do you think if it was possible to get money back for such exchange I wouldn't have sued him for getting paypal close my accounts ?
And all of my accounts were for me and my partners in business.
I didn't own them all alone,we are more than one in a small online corporate that exchanges between electronic currencies on exchangemoneyforums.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:53:00 PM

First thing
Bitmit has no rights to give full info to anyone without an FBI or a court order.
Read law a little bit more

Second thing,my paypal accounts were not limited,they were SHUT DOWN.
And I store 60k on my accounts because I been working in e-currency exchange for 2 years already.
So sometimes some people want big exchanges,it is not my fault that he knew exchanging paypal to bitcoins was illegal and he still told paypal he sold bitcoins ?

You know law's are different in different countries?
and read bitmit's TOS little bit more Cheesy

My paypal account also got permanently closed when i received a fraud payment but i was able to get my funds after 6 months.

You said you are doing currency exchange from 2 years and telling me to read law then why fuck you were doing something which is against paypals TOS ? and why the heck you did large deals with a foreigner that doesn't understands english properly?  

Ps: Don't try to teach me, i am also doing currency exchanges from many years and i know TOS and other legal stuff better then you.

Now stop crying and talk to your lawyer.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:54:35 PM

lol so you are from EMF? what's your username?
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

By the way,do you even know that FBI/NPA/Interpol or what ever it is in his country wouldn't help him get his funds back even if it was stole pp funds ? because he gave his bitcoins for an illegal exchange ? and that bitcoins can't be refunded even by the police ?

Do you think if it was possible to get money back for such exchange I wouldn't have sued him for getting paypal close my accounts ?
And all of my accounts were for me and my partners in business.
I didn't own them all alone,we are more than one in a small online corporate that exchanges between electronic currencies on exchangemoneyforums.

Who said it will help him to get money back?
I said bitmit did right thing by giving info.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:02:28 PM

ًWe all know that its illegal but we still do it to make profit.

Why would he tell paypal that he sold bitcoins,its like trying to get both of us busted.
It just makes non-sense right ?

Sadly I am not allowed to reveal my name and my partners since we keep bitcoin away from EMF
So that other currencies we deal with wouldn't be affected with people in here.
But 3 of my partners are very popular there with threads of over 1k+ replies.
2 of them has been in this business for 3 years already.

And I guess you are right,maybe its my fault I dealt with a foreigner that doesn't understand English :/
I thought he could have used his brain to know he shouldn't have told paypal about bitcoins but he dealt with me for 7k$,so I didn't think he was dumb enough to do it ....
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:05:55 PM

Who said it will help him to get money back?
I said bitmit did right thing by giving info.

I don't really care much that bitmit leaked my information as much as the nature of it.

Bitmit is allowed to leak my Name/ip/phone maybe such info that are not much private.
But leak my full address ?
Thats something different.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:09:39 PM

ًWe all know that its illegal but we still do it to make profit.

Why would he tell paypal that he sold bitcoins,its like trying to get both of us busted.
It just makes non-sense right ?

Well yeah he did stupidity by not doing what you told him to do.
I know everyone on EMF, Blackshadow,sahib,Dr.exchanger,yasir,rishabh etc and i do exchanges there also.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

Exchanging Bitcoins for PayPal funds is not illegal.  It may be against PayPal terms of service but then again so is having 6 PayPal accounts.
As for bitmit doing something illegal have you read their terms of service, you know the terms you agreed to upon signing up.
Inedible

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:15:59 PM

Didn't you know the risks when trading Bitcoin with PP?

Also, I'm not sure where Bitmit is hosted but it'll be down to the country's laws as to whether releasing your information is illegal.

Sure, ethically it's bad but legally there might be no issue.

To be fair, it's a bit of a dodgy business that just gives away it's customer's information on request.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood. 1N6rmaDiPf8ke3mx8217NykAMDZXkX713x
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

Are you sure paypal is not just freezing the money for six months?

As for banning, yes it sux to get banned for life. Even people in your household won't be that easy to open another paypal account. With paypal gone so is your ebay account.

Use google checkout or dwolla for future/other transaction.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:34:10 PM

Well yeah he did stupidity by not doing what you told him to do.
I know everyone on EMF, Blackshadow,sahib,Dr.exchanger,yasir,rishabh etc and i do exchanges there also.

Well yah they are all good people and they are all my friends.

Exchanging Bitcoins for PayPal funds is not illegal.  It may be against PayPal terms of service but then again so is having 6 PayPal accounts.
As for bitmit doing something illegal have you read their terms of service, you know the terms you agreed to upon signing up.

The 6 accounts are not owned be me as I stated,we own it me and my partners.
When 1 of us has the funds ordered by any customer he sends it and who ever got him the customer takes a portion of the fees.
I don't think you have a valid point about the TOS,I don't see anywhere in the TOS that says they would leak my info if someone requested it ?

Didn't you know the risks when trading Bitcoin with PP?

Also, I'm not sure where Bitmit is hosted but it'll be down to the country's laws as to whether releasing your information is illegal.

Sure, ethically it's bad but legally there might be no issue.

To be fair, it's a bit of a dodgy business that just gives away it's customer's information on request.

I knew the risks,but would you ever think someone would trade with you and tell PP about bitcoin ?
Its more like he was trying to throw his own money in the trash but he had to take me with him.
It just wouldn't make any sense and nobody would have doubted it.
About bitmit,I will just give it a shot,I don't know where it is hosted too.

Are you sure paypal is not just freezing the money for six months?

As for banning, yes it sux to get banned for life. Even people in your household won't be that easy to open another paypal account. With paypal gone so is your ebay account.

Use google checkout or dwolla for future/other transaction.

I know what you mean
You are talking about the accounts being limited and money would be able to withdraw after 180 days.
But this is a different issue sadly,since they have detected all of me and my friend's accounts with the same issue,they considered it as an insisting action to break their TOS so they did what they did.
We already exchange in many other e-currencies like Ukash/PSC/PM/MB/Neteller and more but we are sad for our loss.
Since the loss of our Liberty wasn't so much far from now,things getting worse :/
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:42:14 PM

Is it even legal for them to confiscate money? Maybe you should sue paypal rather than bitmit.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:46:02 PM

Is it even legal for them to confiscate money? Maybe you should sue paypal rather than bitmit.

Sadly,it seems that according to their own TOS they have the rights to close my account at any time without notice.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:47:08 PM

Paypal always gives money back after 180 days, unless funds are hacked/stolen.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

Sadly,it seems that according to their own TOS they have the rights to close my account at any time without notice.

They can close account but they can not seize your money for lifetime.
Call paypal and ask them.

Ps: I found your EMF account, you have only 2 feedback there man.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: