Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official TerraHash refund request thread  (Read 3689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btceic (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:58:27 PM

According to my calculations at least 18% of the people that pre-ordered with terrahash have requested a refund or cancelled their orders, In addition many of you have or are in the process of selling your pre-orders.

This thread is all about getting our refunds from terrahash, if you have requested a refund or plan to or are considering it, please post here. In addition, those of you whom are selling your pre-orders due in part to the way that terrahash conducts themselves, feel free to post as well.

Good luck to us all!

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

Maybe if TerraHash would have been active like they are now I would not have canceled.
What the hell were they doing for 3 weeks after they built that first K16.
Seems a little weird they didn't do anything until the threatened mass mutiny.
At this point they should just refund the ones that have requested.
TerraHash has a chance to show their honesty and professionalism by refunding those that have requested. 
btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:41:28 PM

FTC complaint filed:

Feel free to file yours today!
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:42:19 PM

Maybe if TerraHash would have been active like they are now I would not have canceled.
What the hell were they doing for 3 weeks after they built that first K16.
Seems a little weird they didn't do anything until the threatened mass mutiny.
At this point they should just refund the ones that have requested.
TerraHash has a chance to show their honesty and professionalism by refunding those that have requested. 

Completely agree with you fasmax

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:44:23 PM

Looks like their designer is looking for new work, could he be quitting? was he part time or full time? Was this a contract? inquiring minds want to know!

http://www.kennykimdesigns.com/Kenny%20Kim%20Resume.pdf

fasmax

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:13:32 PM

Is TerraHash not cancelling our orders because they are planning to send us the hardware we ordered?
Or are they holding our money as long as possible to punish us for cancelling.
Hopufully they just do the right thing and give us a refund as soon as they can.
Other people are watching their behavior and use it to make decisions about who they do business with.

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:25:37 PM

Is TerraHash not cancelling our orders because they are planning to send us the hardware we ordered?
Or are they holding our money as long as possible to punish us for cancelling.
Hopufully they just do the right thing and give us a refund as soon as they can.
Other people are watching their behavior and use it to make decisions about who they do business with.

My best guess is the following:

Terrahash, spent all of their money on ordering parts, opening an office, etc, etc, then had to pay back cloudhashing $100,000+ unexpectedly and is left with little to no funding, and at this point is just stalling all of us trying, praying and hoping that something breaks their way.

An article[1] that I read recently (see below) points out that Justin Reynolds the CEO of the company as outlined in the article, has been trying to raise funds for the last 8+ months with little to no success.

To me, their silence and the way that they treated knightlife999 on his visit smacks of evasion tactics.

[1] https://traxarmstrong.com/terrahash-to-start-selling-asic-based-bitcoin-mining-equipment/#gsc.tab=0

fasmax

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:38:02 PM

Interesting article.
From the article I found this to be a little odd.
"He further said that company has not finished the design of the custom board yet, but is willing to work with others in the community working on an open design."
Should of said we are waiting for BkkCoins to design the custom board.

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

Interesting article.
From the article I found this to be a little odd.
"He further said that company has not finished the design of the custom board yet, but is willing to work with others in the community working on an open design."
Should of said we are waiting for BkkCoins to design the custom board.

I read that part as:

They originally started to design their own board but was unable to finish it for some reason, or realized that they would not be able to do it and was putting the word out that they wanted to work with BKK.
(I wonder if the timelines match up, how long has BKK been working on the Klondike?)

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:56:55 PM

I found these fun places to report terrahash to, feel free to do so as well.

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/post-complaint.html
http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
http://www.ripoffreport.com/go/login?n=filereport.aspx
http://www.planetfeedback.com/
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:31:09 AM

You guys are too much, enjoy being pricks.

If you wanted out of a business relationship and wanted a refund, your telling me that you would just sit back and allow them to steal your money? No you wouldn't either.

Those of us that have asked for refunds are not asking for anything unreasonable, just cancel the order, refund the money and be done with it.

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:45:05 AM

Looks like the folks over at reddit agree with me:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1h40ft/terrahash_delays_asic_order_processing_amid/

We are unable to process your refund at this time, as we have already invested your money

Sleaziest thing I've ever seen. Not having enough cash on hand to cover any refunds at all is pretty amateurish.

fasmax

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:49:46 AM

You guys are too much, enjoy being pricks.
I think  making this thread was a good idea so as not to spam TerraHash.
I don't have much more to say at this point. Next week I might ask TerraHash again on his thread, for a refund.
If that is being a "prick" sorry.
JakeTri

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:00:28 AM

As I stated in the main Terrahash thread, I request full refund for my order payed with BTC and I got exactly same denied reply as everyone else Sad
This really sucks for us that used BTC for payment ... I guess for paypal users may be a chance using claim.

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
fasmax

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:20:43 AM

I think that big drop in the price of BTC the other day was TerraHash cashing in.
Hopefully you either get your BTC or the hardware.
btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 08:45:34 PM

For those of you that are jumping ship from TerraTrash, The Addiction guys(Tyrion70 && BlastBob) are starting a 3rd group buy for KnCMiner 400GH/s Jupiters. So far the group buy owns 20 Jupiters @ 400GH/s each, totaling 8TH/s of bitcoin mining fun.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255729.0

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 12:22:09 AM

well, I finally got my refund today via paypal, terrahash didnt even bother replying to the claim.

glta

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:28:08 AM

well, I finally got my refund today via paypal, terrahash didnt even bother replying to the claim.

glta

They never responded to mine either, just threatened me in email to close it.   

Luckily started mine a while back so have my refund as well.  I jumped ship when they never provided video they promised in a day.   Will be going with a different company or group to get it for sure. 

Thanks BBK for all your hard work and making this were multiple ways to get!
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:03:35 AM

There must be a very good reason why all of a sudden they decided to give people refunds.

Don't ya wish you knew?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hehhehehehheheheheheh

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:07:16 AM

There must be a very good reason why all of a sudden they decided to give people refunds.

Don't ya wish you knew?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hehhehehehheheheheheh

terrahash didnt give me a refund or anybody else for that matter, paypal sided with my claim and reversed the charges.

Shimple

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:15:32 PM

I have been trying to get a refund for weeks now. They don't answer their tickets or my calls. Ever? What the f**k? What can I do?
btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:38:21 PM

I have been trying to get a refund for weeks now. They don't answer their tickets or my calls. Ever? What the f**k? What can I do?

how did you pay?

Shimple

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:50:26 PM

how did you pay?

Wire transfer.
btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:57:14 PM

how did you pay?

Wire transfer.

I may be wrong but as far as i know you cannot reverse those.

If I was in your position, I would call your states AG, and CA's AG and call your bank to at least document the issue with them.

btceic (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

how did you pay?

Wire transfer.

I may be wrong but as far as i know you cannot reverse those.

If I was in your position, I would call your states AG, and CA's AG and call your bank to at least document the issue with them.

It looks like your only recourse at this point is to sue them, either individually or by class action with Bar's lawsuit against TerraHash.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

Did anyone successfully get a refund from Terrahash?

Or did they just walk away with everyone's money / btc scot free??
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:37:37 PM

I don't know about 'everyone' but I never saw a single Satoshi back out of my 8.31 BTC I sent.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: