Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When the Bitcoin Diffculty gets too high for regular users.  (Read 1002 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:06:15 PM

Even for ASIC owners that have the lower end hardware (I have a 25 GH/s miner on order) once the difficulty gets to unprofitable levels of which the price of Bitcoin cannot match, will ASIC miners move to another SHA 256 based coin?

The only way in which the price of Bitcoin can continue to rise with the difficulty is if the general public stop thinking in terms of having to buy one whole Bitcoin and get into the decimal place real world. The decimal is there for a reason and they need to start using it and stop having this fascination with having to have a whole Bitcoin.

What does everyone else think? Will the general user accept the change into buying decimals of a Bitcoin or move to another coin that they can get whole amounts of, even if worth less?

These are just questions, I have no opinion as yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

There are two things that will affect profitability with ASICs from here on out. The hardware will become cheaper with economies of scale and Bitcoin price will go up.

As more people get ASICs companies will crank them out like they're candy, the price will come down and the Bitcoin network will become more distributed.

I imagine future company policies will crack down on people running mining thumb drives at work because most of your cost will be in the electricity required.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

no, not likely any other coin is going to be profitable to mine.

ASICs will cover their cost of electricity for quite a long time.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:25:33 PM

Mining difficulty explodes. Bitcoin user unaffected.

If someone needs to be in on the production of the money supply in order to use the money, we have a conceptual flaw.

miner != regular user

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:31:03 AM

Mining difficulty explodes. Bitcoin user unaffected.

If someone needs to be in on the production of the money supply in order to use the money, we have a conceptual flaw.

miner != regular user

over a hundred years ago when any man and his son could go out and mine for gold.. everyone got their hands in.. now are the days of the excavators, and people moved on to open shops, manufacturing and other methods of income to support themselves..

this is that time with the bitcoin economy. a swing away from mining, and into manufacturing/retailing for bitcoins is where people need to concentrate their profiting minds

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
coinprize

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 04:45:14 PM

That would definitely effects. Bitcoin market is still fragile, volatile, and sort of lonely in cryto-currency, but will get better if more and more well-designed crpyto-currencies comes to play  and could inter-exchange from each other, things will get easier, all will settle down and stabilized.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: