Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cigspot, the cigarette service that never ships - missing evidence  (Read 174 times)
QuentinA (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:41:35 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 09:58:35 AM by QuentinA

EDIT : I'm missing evidence, the only thing I can find in this message I posted on his locked thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1573844.msg16233220#msg16233220

But I get that doesn't prove anything, the tracking showed the cigs stuck at Roissy hub (where customs operate) and I didn't recieve anything, but it's his word against mine so

Just be carefull and don't order to the countries he doesn't guarantee

Hi lads,

Just a heads up, I was scammes by Cigspot last year or so. I ordered 3 pack and he magically changed the website after my order to stop offering refunds for my country, how convenient. I exposed him back then also but I think it's necessary that nobody gives this fucker any coins even with his new marketing bullshit going on.

I'm just posting here to say that now he has access to emails of bitcointalk users (probably from bitcointalk breach) and spams using mailchimp and on linkedin.

Cheers,
Q.

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:01:47 AM

Hi lads,

Just a heads up, I was scammes by Cigspot last year or so. I ordered 3 pack and he magically changed the website after my order to stop offering refunds for my country, how convenient. I exposed him back then also but I think it's necessary that nobody gives this fucker any coins even with his new marketing bullshit going on.

I'm just posting here to say that now he has access to emails of bitcointalk users (probably from bitcointalk breach) and spams using mailchimp and on linkedin.

Cheers,
Q.

You should use the scam report format and include proof.

I really find it hard to believe that a site would selectively scam for the price of 3 packs of cigs, and do so by changing specific rules for just one order. I'm not saying that i don't believe you but does the admin have a personal grudge against you?

And even if he doesn't accept refunds for your country, compensating for an unshipped shipment does not count as "refunding" at all.

Smiley
QuentinA (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:49:48 AM

Updating OP with the right format, of course I don't have much evidence anymore, I don't really give a shit for 3 boxes as you say, there's no conspiracy against me it probably got seized by the custom, but him sending emails out to my personal email and linkedin pisses me off

Allrigh I just looked into it, I won't be able to find any proof (I was sure I posted on his topic but can't find it anymore), so I guess I should remove the thread ?

Cheers,
Q.

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:22:43 AM

Updating OP with the right format, of course I don't have much evidence anymore, I don't really give a shit for 3 boxes as you say, there's no conspiracy against me it probably got seized by the custom, but him sending emails out to my personal email and linkedin pisses me off

Allrigh I just looked into it, I won't be able to find any proof (I was sure I posted on his topic but can't find it anymore), so I guess I should remove the thread ?

Cheers,
Q.

I would suggest locking the thread until you find further proof. I mean it's definitely a possibility that your order got seized by the customs and later on when he realised that your country has some sort of strict enforcement on the customs he decided to just not refund your country at all. That is definitely a possibility.

Even though you have proof, i believe you. But it does take away from the fact that he's probably not going to be negged.

Him sending promotional emails without consent of users is definitely unethical and should not be condoned though.

Smiley
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:33 AM

Yes, they may very be scammers but you are buying from a company operating in a "grey area". One big reason people use these companies is to avoid tobacco tax, so customs will rightly hold the parcel until the duty gets paid or seize it altogether if it looks like a fraud. It seems contradictory to say they "never ship" in the thread title, when the parcel has been seized en route?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████