Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which domain should the coin have?
xdag.org - 10 (50%)
xdag.cash - 9 (45%)
other xdag.* - 1 (5%)
shitcoin.xxx is better - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] Community Driven - First Mineable DAG | CPU Mining  (Read 75157 times)
Artur577

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:39:25 PM

so .. NObody knows the hashrate of gtx 1080 or gtx 1080 ti ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

1300-1600 MH/s for 1080 TI
jonano

Activity: 133
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:49:16 PM

Hi, what is the exact difference between "Earnings" and "Exact balance" ?
Could you please clarify what "Earning" and "Exact balance"? Where did you see it?
jonano

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:16:41 PM

Hi all!
XDag v0.2.4 is released.

https://github.com/XDagger/xdag/releases/tag/0.2.4
Github: https://github.com/XDagger/xdag

List of changes:
- whitelist is auto-updated from GitHub
- wallet without mining sends only one share per task instead of six
- inactive connections (connections which do not send shares at all) are automatically disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity
- new command "disconnect": allows pool-owners to manually disconnect some miner
- main network and test network are protected against accidental merging
- command history and auto-completion for Mac and Linux console wallets
- bug with payments to miner which was disconnected long time ago is fixed

Description of "disconnect" command: this command allows to disconnect some or all connections depending on parameters:
disconnect all - disconnects all connections
disconnect ip <IP> - disconnects all connections with specified IP
disconnect address <ADDRESS> - disconnect all connections with specified address
DMAllera

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:39:37 AM

I think this is a good idea. But, Can you please give me more details and how does this really work?
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

I think this is a good idea. But, Can you please give me more details and how does this really work?

XDAG! "The first mineable DAG"

they call it a DAG, but branches of the network are pruned in mining due to the incapable transport layer, so it's not really DAG, it's just a standard blockchain made up in a centralized manner and based on a local network transport layer called DNET.

it's all a bit shit, really. Should never really have been open source. Some bank or other would have made a fortune out of it.
jonano

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:20:42 AM

Do you mean: "how the coin works"?

they call it a DAG, but branches of the network are pruned in mining due to the incapable transport layer, so it's not really DAG, it's just a standard blockchain made up in a centralized manner and based on a local network transport layer called DNET.
It is not a blockchain. What is your problem?
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:30:53 AM

What is your problem?

you keep asking this. I think you'll find that i am pointing out severe problems with the coin, which you continually rebutt towards them being my problem.

So, I shall reiterate... the issues with xdag are not my problem, I am simply pointing them out in case people think it's worth investing in  Cool

Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:34:01 AM

What is your problem?

you keep asking this. I think you'll find that i am pointing out severe problems with the coin, which you continually rebutt towards them being my problem.

So, I shall reiterate... the issues with xdag are not my problem, I am simply pointing them out in case people think it's worth investing in  Cool

elaborate please.

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 11:03:32 AM

What is your problem?

elaborate please.

DAG is not a new concept, it's a simple database which creates branches within a Direct Acyclic Graph. This method has been used for internet databases for over 10 years. This coin, where proclaiming to be 'the first mineable DAG' is actually not Full DAG - due to the trimming of branches of the initial DAG to enable PoW using the DNET transport layer (which in itself is a major flaw - DNET is typically designed for local networks and is one of the reasons that XDAG is so prone to collapse.)

It will be impossible to produce smart contracts on the DNET structure. It will also be impossible to allow any more than around 34,000 tx's per second on the entire network. The reasons that pools and the block explorer crashes so often is that the network is incapable of dealing with a large amount of transactions per block (due to the branch trimming to allow DNET)

so, in essense, XDAG is not a DAG mineable coin, it's just a variated blockchain built on a DNET local network.

Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 11:39:32 AM

DAG is not a new concept, it's a simple database which creates branches within a Direct Acyclic Graph. This method has been used for internet databases for over 10 years. This coin, where proclaiming to be 'the first mineable DAG' is actually not Full DAG - due to the trimming of branches of the initial DAG to enable PoW using the DNET transport layer (which in itself is a major flaw - DNET is typically designed for local networks and is one of the reasons that XDAG is so prone to collapse.)

It will be impossible to produce smart contracts on the DNET structure. It will also be impossible to allow any more than around 34,000 tx's per second on the entire network. The reasons that pools and the block explorer crashes so often is that the network is incapable of dealing with a large amount of transactions per block (due to the branch trimming to allow DNET)

so, in essense, XDAG is not a DAG mineable coin, it's just a variated blockchain built on a DNET local network.

thanks for the reply ! i see.
do you believe that code can be updated/fixed so many if not all of these flaws can be corrected or its wrong by design and thus sooner or later it will crash ?
can someone of the dev team reply to these arguments?

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 11:45:42 AM

do you believe that code can be updated/fixed so many if not all of these flaws can be corrected or its wrong by design and thus sooner or later it will crash ?

all is not lost!
It is my belief that the coin will need a hard fork, removal of the transport layer and re-ignition on a new algo.

I have been mining xdag since early February and had great hopes for the coin, still, i think it's salvageable, but not without the aforementioned requirements being met. The fact remains that there is a huge development fund, and the current devs, instead of fixing the issues, continue to build upon the problematic base layers.

I left the 'community' after quickly seeing through the silence when issues arose and continued 'everything is ok' - when it clearly is not.

A simple fix is a hard fork to a new algo, add tx fees and replace DNET.
perhaps they have left it too long for that now the price has been pumped to silly levels?

who knows...
coderix

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:07:12 AM

all is not lost!
It is my belief that the coin will need a hard fork, removal of the transport layer and re-ignition on a new algo.

I have been mining xdag since early February and had great hopes for the coin, still, i think it's salvageable, but not without the aforementioned requirements being met. The fact remains that there is a huge development fund, and the current devs, instead of fixing the issues, continue to build upon the problematic base layers.

I left the 'community' after quickly seeing through the silence when issues arose and continued 'everything is ok' - when it clearly is not.

perhaps they have left it too long for that now the price has been pumped to silly levels?

who knows...

Well, going through the source code, I believe that the DNET stuff can be fixed in about a week, and then it would require some extended testing, which might actually take longer than the fix itself. For sure it is somewhat limiting the project at the moment, but its far from being unmanageable. I have seen much worse with coins that sell for much more. The source is compact and mostly easy to follow, but still a good idea would be to move the project to stl (I think this should be done along with the DNET fix). This would make it much easier to manage and develop, but would require the development team members to be comfortable with the c++xx stuff (this is usually a party breaker). Introducing a (small) transaction fee is essential to stop abuse/attacks, some people do it just for fun. Introducing some minimum payout to the pools would also reduce the traffic (about 1-10 XDAG).

I just might start all that work myself ... cheers

lhfly5201314

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:46:27 AM

I like xdag and I bought some from the change.
But I think the dev teem should boost the speed!
We need more developing guys joining in the community!

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:08:15 AM

all is not lost!

who knows...

Well, going through the source code, I believe that the DNET stuff can be fixed in about a week, and then it would require some extended testing, which might actually take longer than the fix itself. For sure it is somewhat limiting the project at the moment, but its far from being unmanageable. I have seen much worse with coins that sell for much more. The source is compact and mostly easy to follow, but still a good idea would be to move the project to stl (I think this should be done along with the DNET fix). This would make it much easier to manage and develop, but would require the development team members to be comfortable with the c++xx stuff (this is usually a party breaker). Introducing a (small) transaction fee is essential to stop abuse/attacks, some people do it just for fun. Introducing some minimum payout to the pools would also reduce the traffic (about 1-10 XDAG).

I just might start all that work myself ... cheers

these are all points i've been putting towards the dev team for months. good luck in not getting banned from their chat for suggesting it!

if you want to mine it in the meantime, i work as support for

http://xdag.signal2noi.se

our friendly and informative discord support channel can be found here:

https://discord.gg/9PRuAXG
bunchakhongmz999

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:36:40 PM

Can anyone tell me Where can I read new information about the progress of work on the coin XDAG?
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:18:48 PM

Can anyone tell me Where can I read new information about the progress of work on the coin XDAG?

there is no progress. Just pump and dump.
vochau026

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:18:53 AM

Oh, community is intelligent, not dreaming about lambos.I'm certain about that.And on exchange can be dumped under price, which is now, in bear market.
kbs1

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

Miners, https://xdagpool.com and https://pool2.xdagpool.com were upgraded to new version of xdag, 0.2.4. Try it out, pool settings of 1%-0%-0%-1% bring the most consistent payouts for any miner, happy mining! Smiley

The pools run on a very fast reliable server. https://pool3.xdagpool.com will be updated soon.

https://xdag.org - reliable World-Wide XDAG mining pool with automatic failover and extra mining rewards!
Artur577

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Hey guys i have a question... what algorythm do XDag Mining uses ? Ethash, CryptoNight or what else ?
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: