Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: your mentality after a huge loss?  (Read 3784 times)
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:26:05 PM

Usually I try to stay calm to see why I fail to draw on the experience. I think that is the most necessary thing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:47:02 PM

After experiencing a big loss, I understood nothing in our hands. Upon the fate, whatever might happen in unexpected time period. We need to be knowledgeable or lucky to get out of the same without getting affected. Particularly my loss has happened through gambling, so this doesn't affect me big.
The chance factor belongs only to the gambling, I did not see one that was successful in trading because it was lucky. For this reason, we must ignore the chance factor. This is a very important rule for trading and also for betting.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:50:07 PM

After a huge loss in trading, I always try to control my emotions keeping in mind that losses is part of trading because it is a very risky job. I try to highlight the major cause of the lost trades so that I won't repeat the same mistakes time and time again. It is also good to quit trading for a while and have a break thinking and doing something else.
ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:57:33 PM

Trading is more like a gamble. Don't do trading if you are not willing to lose so better control emotions. Experience is a great tutor, somehow you will learn how to adapt.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:32:36 PM

ofcourse you gonna feel bad
but you should accept the loss and move forward
Every good trader will definitely know that whether it is a huge loss or a small loss, they are likely possible to happen but rather than mopping about it, there would always be that nice trade that would make one get it all back.

Like you said, the best is to accept the loss and move on, that should be every trader's mentality, unless you are just not sure of what you have been doing.
AndrewBoltz

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:37:14 PM

It is better to ready your mentality to accept any loss, whether big or small. In trading there always a risk to lose. It is up to you how to overcome a loss.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:00:08 PM

If you cant accept your loss means that you have just lost too much money than what you cant afford to lose. This is the very first mistake, you should not start trading/gambling with all what you have. You should set your limit, this will help you to manage your mentality once you face a loss. If someone doing bad or getting in a bad situation because getting lost in trading then he/she must not have his limit.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:05:30 PM

What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

Ny mentality is of course i need to win back that huge loss that happened to me. I am not going to panic or lose hope because that is a huge amount of money there is no way i am gonna let that pass by without winning that back to me. Because in this business it is normal to lose money and some people are losing hope after that and lose their money forever but me no i am not giving up in that and i am gonna work hark more and strive for my goal i need to gain a pot and it is not impossible to win that back and even gain even more.
Every trader after a huge loss do not give up. If a market went bad, just sell, bail out and look for another good market. That is the way things are.

You cannot always make 100% good predictions all the time and rather than losing too much, you can just stop your loss, and then get on with a better one. I have had a huge loss before as a result of some mistake, but I learnt from my mistake and I got all back eventually from another trade.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:03:09 PM

The first thing I need to do is check the problems and errors in my investment strategy. For example, I invest in a company's stock, I need to understand what the problem is for a company, why the company's stock goes down. Also if I invest in a mutual fund, check whether there is a problem with my investment manager or indeed a bad economic condition.the same case if I invest in the investment of precious metal (gold) in my company and so on.
That is just usually the best thing to do. There must have been something one did wrongly and then once that is detected; it is just to take note of it, so as not to make the same mistake for the next trade and future ones.
I have made some buys before and I noticed as I was buying everyone was selling; only to find out it was being bounced from bittrex when I searched on Google. I had a huge loss, but nothing that was not prepared for.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:33:11 PM

If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?
At the first time i start to trading I had a huge loss. I began to rise again using the results of bounty for trading capital but I was less fortunate I again suffered losses. many times I had a loss but it did not make me give up my trading and I finally get the benefit. even now I am getting smarter in reading the market. my failure made me smarter and wiser in trading. until now I never want to stop trading. trading into my hobbies and livelihood.
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:33:29 PM

of course I will try again, usually it happens because of panic, at first may feel bad, but if I stop then I will miss the opportunity to get big profit, from the loss I can know where the error to loss and start again correctly, all surely there are risks to live how we can overcome them
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:03:45 PM

loss is a risk that a trader must face, I personally suffer a loss in trading, I think I have made the wrong decision, in terms of selling it or buying it, by the time it has happened all I have to do is learn from the mistakes I have done and fix it so that I do not repeat the same error a second time, so it can minimize future risks so as to increase the chances to generate more profits
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:14:02 PM

I just think that there is nothing I cannot surpass. There is no point of sucking into wrong decisions because it is the nature of all businesses to involves risks, and of course, those risks depend on how much money I put into it. After which, I make sure I do not repeat the same mistakes by having multiple sources of income to divide possible losses along the way. I have always believed in do something about a past mistake rather than expecting something positive and just doing the same thing all over again.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

Loss in what? Trading or just the general investment into other stuff? Im thinking that you are speaking about the trading here. This thing is risky but also at the same time its not avoidable. So if you want to avoid the huge losses then first of all try to recognise the risk behind it. If you still make some sort of mistakes and then get into loss then you should take a break from that activity. At last this is what I do. I will prepare myself for the next goal again and if I'm having more money with me then this time I will understand the mistakes that I made and will enter into it again. Most probably I will try to recover the loss first before I can start getting the profit. If I reach the break even and think that this activity can not give me profits further then I will stop the trade or particular investment. And if there is green signal about the further profits then I will just jump in.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:40:33 PM

I think it is important to be resilient when it comes to dealing with losses because you can never move forward if you keep yourself being stuck with the past. This business is imbued with so much psychological battle that you have to come to terms with, otherwise, you will never get anywhere. So if I were you, always be brave to face losses as it is through it that you learn so much about life, in general.

Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:57:19 PM

The first thing I need to do is check the problems and errors in my investment strategy. For example, I invest in a company's stock, I need to understand what the problem is for a company, why the company's stock goes down. Also if I invest in a mutual fund, check whether there is a problem with my investment manager or indeed a bad economic condition.the same case if I invest in the investment of precious metal (gold) in my company and so on.
That is just usually the best thing to do. There must have been something one did wrongly and then once that is detected; it is just to take note of it, so as not to make the same mistake for the next trade and future ones.
I have made some buys before and I noticed as I was buying everyone was selling; only to find out it was being bounced from bittrex when I searched on Google. I had a huge loss, but nothing that was not prepared for.
There would really be those kind of situation on which we do really lose up money because of on our own negligence on not to research into fundamentals on any coins which we are engage.It always be and edge for to make such actions because we can do base on the things that we are potentially doing. If you did commit mistake which is normal but we can able to handle it for next time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Denamen

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

It depends the reason why I have lost. If that is just a small mistake, I try to begin again. If that is a big fault, I will start new way such as holding instead of trading.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:49:39 PM

I think it is important to be resilient when it comes to dealing with losses because you can never move forward if you keep yourself being stuck with the past. This business is imbued with so much psychological battle that you have to come to terms with, otherwise, you will never get anywhere. So if I were you, always be brave to face losses as it is through it that you learn so much about life, in general.

That's true trading always emotional, you need to have a full control over your emotions in order to make you do trade in good way not the other way around. Accept what you have done that causing you in loss , start a new one with better preparation. Keep learning until you feel there's no space for even a little mistake.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:08:21 PM

Actually after a loss , a lots of regrets come in to my mind.
But I just calm it down and think that it was already done and I already loss money.
So the tendency is to be more patience in the next investment that im going to enter.
Yes i'll still try it again , and this time going to be more patience and wise in making decision.
Yzhel

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:05:53 PM

Actually after a loss , a lots of regrets come in to my mind.
But I just calm it down and think that it was already done and I already loss money.
So the tendency is to be more patience in the next investment that im going to enter.
Yes i'll still try it again , and this time going to be more patience and wise in making decision.
Loss from what? here in crypto? Well, for me I don't have much that much big loss. Although during the time I was new here in crypto trading I do panin selling most of the time but still the important for me is I still earned and learned from that lesson and positive always that I can maximize my earnings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: