Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptonator bitcoin send issue, transaction is not shown in blockchain  (Read 261 times)
harshalsp79 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:26:04 AM

Dear Friends,

48 hours back from Cryptonator wallet I have sent 0.04385999 bitcoin to address 3BfqFPYx5uS37V5TZyrm7wDwHsDzSTFDhs
They did charge me 0.0002 fees for transaction, I can see transaction successful at Cryptonator Dashboard. But when I check this transaction status on blockchain.info it shows "Transaction is not found" message, you can check here https://blockchain.info/tx/8fe179a8a4d9da2a2afdf3af4469c94e110d2a3bfaca8da0765ad635481d11c3

My transaction number is 8fe179a8a4d9da2a2afdf3af4469c94e110d2a3bfaca8da0765ad635481d11c3

Can you please help me answering my questions : Are my bitcoins safe? if it takes time then what can be the reason?
Even if my transaction is Unconfirmed it must be visible on Blockchain, why It shows message that Transaction is not found?
Please help!!

Thanks
Harshal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
racquemis

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:31:09 AM

The address 3BfqFPYx5uS37V5TZyrm7wDwHsDzSTFDhs is empty https://blockchain.info/address/3BfqFPYx5uS37V5TZyrm7wDwHsDzSTFDhs
No transfer was made, it does not matter what Cryptonator dashboard shows, the address is empty.

harshalsp79 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:33:51 AM

Yes it shows empty, but whats the reason, I already have initiated transaction to send 0.043xxx bitcoins to this address. Do I need to worry? Please assist. What shall I do ahead?
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:35:29 AM

Can you please help me answering my questions : Are my bitcoins safe? if it takes time then what can be the reason?
Even if my transaction is Unconfirmed it must be visible on Blockchain, why It shows message that Transaction is not found?

Its hard to awnser what exactly happened in this case.
The mempool is congested at the moment. If cryptonator chose a fee which is way below the 'standard' currently the transaction might got dropped
(in the case the TX hasn't been rebroadcasted). You should contact the support of cryptonator and tell them their transaction never went through.
But it seems like quite a few people had issues with cryptonator (including issues with their support). You might consider to change your wallet.

harshalsp79 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:47:44 AM

The mempool is congested at the moment. If cryptonator chose a fee which is way below the 'standard' currently the transaction might got dropped
(in the case the TX hasn't been rebroadcasted). You should contact the support of cryptonator and tell them their transaction never went through.
But it seems like quite a few people had issues with cryptonator (including issues with their support). You might consider to change your wallet.

Ok but if this transaction will get dropped then shall I get auto reversal of my bitcoins to cryptonator account? Or do I have a risk to loose bitcoins? Thanks
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:50:45 AM

Ok but if this transaction will get dropped then shall I get auto reversal of my bitcoins to cryptonator account? Or do I have a risk to loose bitcoins? Thanks

If nothing gets confirmed or broadcasted to the mempool, then it would make sense that they are going to be returned to the adress you were trying to send them from, ( as no transaction could be made...)

Unless you are using a really shitty service which doesn't automtically credit you back the bitcoin, you should be just fine.

harshalsp79 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:07:39 AM

If nothing gets confirmed or broadcasted to the mempool, then it would make sense that they are going to be returned to the adress you were trying to send them from, ( as no transaction could be made...)

Unless you are using a really shitty service which doesn't automtically credit you back the bitcoin, you should be just fine.

Ok Thanks for your guidance. so now I will wait and keep sending cryptonator emails about this issue. Can you  please help me find best and secure bitcoin and monero wallet please..
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:07:13 PM

Ok Thanks for your guidance. so now I will wait and keep sending cryptonator emails about this issue. Can you  please help me find best and secure bitcoin and monero wallet please..

Why not use a software wallet where you are 100% in control over your private keys, adresses, and transactions you broadcast? I'm not sure why you would want to use a webwallet.

For bitcoin i'd recommend you to use something like electrum, and for monero i'd either recommend using their official software wallet, or something like exodus, where you can store both your bitcoin and monero. (Although i don't think exodus supports monero yet, so you should look for something like that)

https://getmonero.org/downloads/

(Always check signatures before downloading^)

harshalsp79 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:14:43 PM

Ok Thanks for your guidance. so now I will wait and keep sending cryptonator emails about this issue. Can you  please help me find best and secure bitcoin and monero wallet please..

Why not use a software wallet where you are 100% in control over your private keys, adresses, and transactions you broadcast? I'm not sure why you would want to use a webwallet.

For bitcoin i'd recommend you to use something like electrum, and for monero i'd either recommend using their official software wallet, or something like exodus, where you can store both your bitcoin and monero. (Although i don't think exodus supports monero yet, so you should look for something like that)

https://getmonero.org/downloads/

Thanks for suggestions. Actually I am a newbee to cryprocurrency. I am exploring myself and surely will follow your guidelines. Thanks again.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:56:18 PM

For a secure bitcoin wallet you shouln't choose an online wallet. You need a wallet which gives you (and only you) the control of your private keys.
Electrum is a trustworthy desktop wallet. It has a nice functionality and is IMO one of the best desktop wallets.
But you have to keep in mind that if your PC get compromised through malware, your private keys can also get compromised (depending on individual situations).
If you can afford a small amount i would recommend a hardware wallet. Those give you the best security because private keys never get exposed.
The signing of transactions is completely done on a dedicated device. But if you are only storing small amounts a desktop wallet should be appropiate.
But always use your common sense when downloading/executing any software on your pc on which you hold your money.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: