Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello All Bitcoin'ers  (Read 526 times)
PhilJon (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:07:30 PM

Hello to all... I really wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I have been following Bitcoin's for a while and now looking to start using my own equipment to start mining Bitcoin's, any helps in that direction or posts that you would suggest I read I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nexxai

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:55:42 PM

What kind of equipment do you plan on using?  It'll be pretty tough to make any kind of substantial return without either investing in a bitcoin-related security (e.g. ASICMINER.PT) or the purchase (and extremely extended waiting of delivery) of ASIC-power devices.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:09:28 PM

What's your max budget on hardware? PM me if you need any help for setting up your miners once you get it.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
truelitecoin

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:23:42 AM

For mining Bitcoins I would recommend ASIC hardware. You return for investment will be a minimum of one year and will take longer as the difficulty increases.
PhilJon (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:19:43 PM

For mining Bitcoins I would recommend ASIC hardware. You return for investment will be a minimum of one year and will take longer as the difficulty increases.

What about going with a Avalon chipset? What I have been reading is that ASIC would take much longer. I was debating getting a BFL, but haven't read many good things about them on the forum.
PhilJon (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:21:19 PM

What's your max budget on hardware? PM me if you need any help for setting up your miners once you get it.

I have actually been purchasing more as the price seems to be dropping continuously... I wouldn't mind spending around $7-10k USD. As long as the ROI is there and hopefully under 6/mo's
truelitecoin

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:59:31 PM

What about going with a Avalon chipset? What I have been reading is that ASIC would take much longer. I was debating getting a BFL, but haven't read many good things about them on the forum.

If you're getting the Avalon chipset you'll also need to build or purchase a board to go with it. Not recommended unless you know what you are doing.
PhilJon (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:53:10 PM

If you're getting the Avalon chipset you'll also need to build or purchase a board to go with it. Not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks for the heads up @truelitecoin on that... actually something I am not 100% confident doing. Have you found any luck with purchasing a rig?
clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:49:01 PM

Welcome!

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: