Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on with ALT coins  (Read 415 times)
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:24:31 AM

Most of the capital moves to bitcoin. I see a huge increase in BTC Dominance from 52%~53%  to 64.8% very quick. This is where all the money goes. Its really a domino effect. This sudden price surge atracts more people getting the price hugher and higher. I think that this will stop only whne some big whales start selling takink all the proffits.
For users who are into altcoins this is a good thing. You can see this like a longer black friday when you can invest into alcoins buying them at a big discount price. I lost 50% from my portofolio value but this doesent botter me. This is the time for me to bring more money to the table.
On the other hand consider that now is cheaper to buy in some ICO`s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:31:47 AM

I see two main problems. The first one is the pump of BTC so everybody tries to sell alts to get the maximum profit. The second one is the killing of ETH network. It's already the second or even third day when I can't transfer ETH. That is why many alts are dumped as of now.

cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:33:35 AM

Alts are bleeding because of the BTC price moves,the wallstreet investors are coming right now thats why btc pumps a lot of money pouring into our community.

m. yasir

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:34:34 AM

Because many users prefer to invest in bitcoin rather than altcoin, so when they have altcoin they prefer to sell it and made bitcoin.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:36:06 AM

Bitcoins and Altcoins are inversely related. As Bitcoins increase, it become a safe haven, and traders shift their funds from altcoins to buy Bitcoins.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Minotus

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

It is not an unexpected behaviour actually. Recent unstoppable rise in the bitcoin got every investors attention and naturally people are dumping their alt coins to catch bitcoin train while they can but we all know this won't last forever and alt coins will rise again eventually. This actually a good opportunity to buy alt coins with cheap prices.

Avaemily

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:42:59 AM

May be becasue Bitcoin is rising,  it will surely affect the altcoins,  some of the altcoins are going down and some are going up.  
blackhart7 (OP)

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:49:47 PM

Some coins are falling drastically due to bitcoin news.
Bitcoin rise always kill the market. The bitcoin rise is as a result of upcoming bitcoin forks I.e super bitcoin, bitcoin God and all others to mention but few,  the market won't be stable until the fork is over. Though bitcoin may like to see a little correction early next year. But I will advise all traders to stop alt trading now, let all hope to start trading after the market is stable.
But the issue is will alt coin continue to fall.... My answer is YES ,altcoin will continue to fall until they secure space after the hard fork.
And also is now the right time to buy alts? NO
The main reason for my answer is that a good entry level is when the alt has reach a good support level. If you get in now, alts will still dip more, so I will advise you to wait for a little dip before entering the market.
yes i have seen that too..  markets are still unstable Sad
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:58:29 PM

Yeah alot of reputed altcoin's values are going down. I think the reason is obvious, the huge pricr rise of bitcoin recently. Bitcoin's price kind of doubled in the last month and while it's price was rising people thought that it would go even higher, alot of people invested in bitcoin during this time and some of the altcoin holders would have done the same. Now you can see the value of bitcoin falling a little bit which is going to fall even further I think and when it does people will start switching from bitcoin to the altcoins. So i think those altcoin's will regain their values.
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:55:49 PM

I think this situation will not last for much time and this has happen as some other stake like bitcoin is dominating the market for some very good reasons that are not going too well for other crypto or i would say other crypto itself is not doing as much as it has too to survive in the market. I mean there is no single hype or news that is going around regarding crypto which attracts investors to put there money.Which is at-most necessary to stand with stability in crypto market..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: