Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HitBTC scam!  (Read 24647 times)
Gmining

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:26:03 PM

This is my story. 10 BTC Ticket ID #268456

06/04/18 I deposited my HitBTC account for about 20 BTC. And make several buy and sell operations.
07/04/18 I withdrew about 10 BTC using a little amount (about 0.4 BTC once).
08/04/18 I've noticed that "Currency operations not available".
So I can't trade, I can't withdraw.

There was no information int he account about problem and there was no email from support.

I start to search why this happen and then I understand that I have a problem... Like all you.

I've created support ticket and begin to wait. There was no answer. Then I post a topic on reddit. And the answer come.

As you already know first they ask for you selfie and documents. I have send them.
Next they ask for transactions. I've send them

And today I have got a new email:

Thank you for provided information.
Please take our apologies for the delay. Verification might take some time depending on the queue.
Could you provide us with complete history of the mentioned funds?
It's necessary to confirm that the funds, used to initiate the following transactions, were received from cryptocurrency institution, being transferred to you...

My reply was: No. I will not send you any information. I have already send you my documents and my photo. Also I have send you a history and a screenshot that the funds you are asking about came to HitBTC from my verified Binance Exchange account. Everything else is not your business.
I insist that is it illegal to hold my money. There is no law allowing you steal my money telling me about delays.
PLEASE LET ME WITHDRAW MY MONEY!!!

---
I think they have a liquidity breach (gap). And this fiction about KYC and AML is just a thing to gain time and turnover our money. There is no other explanations why ask questions one by one but not in one email.

Also. I think this is totally illegal to hold my money until I'll give them very sensitive information about myself via EMAIL!

I think HitBTC is a scam. They are thieves. And liars.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:46:03 AM

This is my story. 10 BTC Ticket ID #268456

06/04/18 I deposited my HitBTC account for about 20 BTC. And make several buy and sell operations.
07/04/18 I withdrew about 10 BTC using a little amount (about 0.4 BTC once).
08/04/18 I've noticed that "Currency operations not available".
So I can't trade, I can't withdraw.

There was no information int he account about problem and there was no email from support.

I start to search why this happen and then I understand that I have a problem... Like all you.

I've created support ticket and begin to wait. There was no answer. Then I post a topic on reddit. And the answer come.

As you already know first they ask for you selfie and documents. I have send them.
Next they ask for transactions. I've send them

And today I have got a new email:

Thank you for provided information.
Please take our apologies for the delay. Verification might take some time depending on the queue.
Could you provide us with complete history of the mentioned funds?
It's necessary to confirm that the funds, used to initiate the following transactions, were received from cryptocurrency institution, being transferred to you...

My reply was: No. I will not send you any information. I have already send you my documents and my photo. Also I have send you a history and a screenshot that the funds you are asking about came to HitBTC from my verified Binance Exchange account. Everything else is not your business.
I insist that is it illegal to hold my money. There is no law allowing you steal my money telling me about delays.
PLEASE LET ME WITHDRAW MY MONEY!!!

---
I think they have a liquidity breach (gap). And this fiction about KYC and AML is just a thing to gain time and turnover our money. There is no other explanations why ask questions one by one but not in one email.

Also. I think this is totally illegal to hold my money until I'll give them very sensitive information about myself via EMAIL!

I think HitBTC is a scam. They are thieves. And liars.

This is sad to read different bad stories on HitBTC since I also have some coins there. I hope they will address your issue as early as possible. Just fyi, HitBTC have an official thread here and sometimes a representative is responding so maybe it helps. Here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378827.0.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
HitbtcSCAM

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:18:56 PM

how many times must you people hear this, Hitbtc.com is controlled by the US government FBI Seriously  WAKE UP
If you want to know read about hitbtc.com stole 30 btc from me

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217068.0
RonHandy

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:22:21 AM

FBI or not .. It is a scam - stay away.. When you see scum like "versifying you" and where did the funds come from, it is your sign to close the browser and exit. These scumbags have no place in the blockchain sector.
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

We should start a find to hire a legal team to start a class action lawsuit. Anyone interested let me know.

In order to that fund is needed, since there are no agency that will offer us free service to do some tasks and will helps us file a case against this scammers.
nabdaredevil

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

Participate in the unique P2PS project.

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:59:26 AM

The funniest part is that they called the traders scammers. Did they not do due diligence prior to first listing the coins? Strange that some think that the Fed or another such US entity would be involved in operating/controlling exchanges.

hammer344

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:52:46 PM

Hitbtc scammed me +100K and have disable my account!!

I have deposited 2100 neo on hitbtc i have switched 500 neo in dash and transfered in my hardware wallet it was succesfuly transfered. After that, i have try to transfer another 500 neo in dash again and put it on my hardware wallet but i never received my dash in my hardware wallet. After that i have try to transfer 10 neo to my original wallet to make a test and i never receive it also. I have open a ticket to explain my problem. But now i try to connect on my account, i put the good e-main and passwordi put my 2FA and i can't connect on my account.

Now i feel been scammed about alot of money.

THERE IS MY TICKET : Your ticket has been registered with the Ticket ID #289045.

After that, hitbtc replied to my account : "Dear trader, thank you for reaching out to us.

According to AML/KYC rules, which HitBTC exchange is subject to, our security department is monitoring all activities on our platform. Our goal is to stay secure and reliable, safety of every transaction being ensured.

Pursuant to internal policy on customer identification process, we kindly ask you to provide us with the following:

- A clear closeup photo of your document (national ID or driver’s licence), being held in your hand. Scanned images are not accepted; - A photo of yourself settled near your monitor with this ticket viewed on screen. You should be easily identified on the photo, and this exact text with the following picture should be clearly seen.

Regards, HitBTC Team"

I provided the photo cover of my passport, my passport main page picture and also a photo of myself settled near my monitor with this ticket viewed on screen.

Then i got another reply to do  the AML/KYC procedure and explain all my blockchain transaction.... I  provided my social security number, my business number (NEQ), my passport picture and a picture of me with my passport. I'm not a professional about track my transaction in the blockchain but i have do my best for explain everything, I hope that's is enough!!! I feel like i been scammed by them, i can't have acces to my account at all.

You can find the same topic on the scam report section.

Will keep my post updated until it's my issue gonna be be resolved.
hammer344

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:37:16 AM

If after providing all this documents they not enable my account and not give me my money back, that's mean they scam and steal users without warning!!!

I wait to be verified and get back my money. I keep updating this post and if the post is too old i will make a new one for keep updating the people here on reddit.

"Upgrading to Verified account status

HitBTC Risk Management team is responsible for monitoring overall trading activity in accordance with AML/KYC rules. You are welcome to upgrade your account to Verified and Qualified status if you are willing to avoid eventual verification procedure in the future.

Terms and conditions

To verify your account, please contact the HitBTC Compliance dpt. at compliance@hitbtc.com.

The email should be sent from the address linked to your HitBTC profile. Make sure your email contains the following:

Personal information

Address

Bank account information (in case you want to deposit and withdraw fiat)

Supporting documents (color copies):

Identity Document (passport/ID card/driving license)

Proof of residence

Proof of bank account ownership

1. Personal information
Please include the following:

Name

Surname

Date of birth

Country of birth

Note: The data should be correct and filled in English language as stated in your Identity document.

2. Address
Please provide up-to-date information about your residential (Current) address and permanent address. Keep in mind that your permanent address should be the same as your billing address used for official correspondence.

Country

City

Region (optional)

Postal Code

Street Address

3. Bank account information

Bank name

SWIFT/BIC code

IBAN/account number

4. Supporting documents
Make sure that your photos/scans meet the following requirements:

Documents should be valid due to the issue date

Photos/scans of both sides of documents should be uploaded

Scanned images should be in color and in high resolution (at least 200 dpi)

Allowed formats: JPG, GIF, PNG or PDF

File size should be no more than 10 MB

Photos/scans should not be older than 3 months

Documents should be issued using characters of Latin alphabet or have Latin transliteration of main fields.

Identity Document

Choose one of the following options:

National ID card (both sides) or national passport (double page)

International passport (double page)

Driving license (both sides).

Please note that we accept a driving license as proof of your identity only if it is a plastic card, and all the information in it is provided with Latin transliteration.

Proof of residence

Utility bill (except for mobile phone, satellite/cable TV or printed Internet bills)

Electricity bill

Bank statement

Tax return/council tax

Other documents with an exception of electronic bills/statements, online screenshots, mobile phone bills or credit card statements.

Note: If you only have online utility bill or electricity bill, then you may provide it following such obligatory requirements:

Upload the full document (all pages) in PDF format.

Make a screenshot of the website where you make your payments. The screenshot should contain an open document which you have provided to us. On your screenshot, we must clearly see the website URL

Proof of bank account ownership

Bank account statement

Original letter from the bank

Note: Screenshots and/or electronic documents are not accepted, this document should be paper-based and drafted on original bank letterhead.

It might take from 3 to 5 business days to get your account verified, if no additional information is required. However, please note that once submitted, your request is placed in a queue and is processed accordingly, which means the verification time might vary depending on the overall number of the verification requests.

In case you experience any issues, please contact our Support team."
slyder3

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:11:35 PM

I have a similar problem. I made an ETH deposit to HitBTC more than a month ago (26.3.) and there is still no deposit visible but it went trough normaly. I found out later on that it was send via contract from Bitstamp (dont know why) and opened a ticket and was told that they need to process it manualy and will credit them "soon". Was told that more then a month ago!! This is crazy, the worst exchange ever.

Did anyone resolve sth like this? How long does it normaly take and can i do anything to speed it up?? Need those ETH asap!

Tickets: #262587 and #289766

Transaction ID:
0x9aa407477318023a6c875aad0902834a21ccd58ed0d55d4de6bc03e35addb043
crypto mania

Activity: 476
Merit: 92

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:36:26 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 07:13:23 AM by crypto mania

FBI or not .. It is a scam - stay away.. When you see scum like "versifying you" and where did the funds come from, it is your sign to close the browser and exit. These scumbags have no place in the blockchain sector.

Sometimes not possible because there are still so rare coins and tokens traded only on one or two exchanges and one of them is our Hit Grin BTC. You know exchanges have problems, delays, etc. and you have to use this scammy exchange. I never know if I will be able to withdraw or if it is my turn to pay the "franchise" now.

I hope that HOTBTC will take an example from Okex and will provide such a great customer service. I was very pleasantly surprised when I was unable to withdraw and after a few attempts, I started looking for a support button. I always check how support looks like before I start trading and I knew that they have an email and a telephone, but immediately after login a chat button shows up which is placed on each page. I pressed and to my big surprise, it was not a request to leave an email "we will contact you" only in a few seconds an agent spoke and in a few minutes he solved my problem, which was not due to Okex only the Coinbase address database.

What a great experience after so many issues with so many exchanges and each response always takes weeks or even months. I hope we will see such a professional service more often in a world of cryptocurrencies trading.

I have a similar problem. I made an ETH deposit to HitBTC more than a month ago (26.3.) and there is still no deposit visible...
Did anyone resolve sth like this? How long does it normaly take and can i do anything to speed it up?? ...

Deposited ETH few times and never had such a problem. Always in 30 minutes, I had my account funded. You can reach support on Reddit, sometimes works to speed things up. An established Reddit account could be helpful. Wish you luck.

May 05-03 -  I deposited 12.42 XMR especially for the fork of Monerov on HitBtc.
May 06-06 - I connect on my account HitBtc and I realize that I no  have my balance of 36.3 NEO i bought previously. I searched on forum and several people have the same problem than me.
I  not notice any withdrawals on the last transactions and any confirmation e-mail, so I tell myself that my account is not hacked despite notifications of actives sessions in other countries like  Brazil, Russia, Ukraine that I noticed by mail late... That’s is very suspicious

At this moment I change my password and created a support ticket...

...I notice several trades have been made. Someone have converted all my NEO to ETH, then bought expensive SAN and DAY coins orders placed by him, and then sold the SAN to a very cheap order that was also placed by him. He repeated this process a hundreds times, then all my digital assets worth were almost gone with any withdrawal.

My email has been not hacked and my password too.
I also confirm, that I always use the link in favorites, so phishing were impossible.
From what I have seen, this security problem has been there for quite a while.

If this is true and more users confirm something like this then this is really scary shit what HitBtc is doing and I'm happy that I know about this because from today if I have to trade in this scammy exchange I'll divide my deposits into small (really small) amounts and only deposit next one if I'll be able to withdraw. Never again to trust them with my entire stack of a particular coin. I'll spend more on fees but safety first.
Smartlog

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:13:20 PM

HitBTC stole my deposit!!! I had an account on HitBTC little less than 1 year, all was OK before this moment. At 2018-05-09 I transfer from my account on Binance 49673.9 XVG, it's big amount, absolutely all details was triple checked and correct, and money was just lost!!! I have all screenshots, everything. 4 posts to support - no results. Silence!!! Now 2018-05-13, and no even answer, only automated responces like:
==========================================
Dear Trader,
Thank you for contacting HitBTC Support!
Your ticket has been registered with the Ticket ID #293269.
Please note that the majority of requests require research to resolve, and it can sometimes take us up to 48 hours to respond, though we make every effort to get back to you as quickly as possible and most queries are answered within 24 hours.
To provide us with additional details or updates, please reply to this e-mail or use the HitBTC Support web form under the following link: https://hitbtc.com/support
Once again, thank you for getting in touch.
Regards,
HitBTC Support team
==========================================

Avoid this scammers! HitBTC is a clear thieves! They stole all my deposit!!!!! Don't understand what to do now......
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:42:02 PM

I read all of the stories and i feel bad for those who got scammed. Well the story is related to me but not in the hitBTC, in mercatox.

So it's confirmed that hitBTC is a scammer.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

Wow sorry about all these losses. I just filed a Verification process with HitBTC after reading some good reviews on another thread. Now I see this exchange is definitely not reliable by any means...

If they want to run a professional business, at the very least a company representative should explain all these countless scam accusations.

slyder3

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

Hi all, i finally got my deposit 2 days ago, took more then 1,5 months and quite a few tickets opened. Also withdrawals take ages and withdrowal fees are really high. If you can get the coin elsewhere i would highly recommend it Smiley. I'll probably transfer what i have left there to some other exchange or mew, hopefully wont wait for months again.
HitbtcSCAM

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:36:38 PM

Do not do the verification they do not give you your money you will just show who you are and then they put you in the Governments eye.The verification is about controlling you and not about you getting your money back.Death to the FBI and the group of faggots who are working there to deceive and rob the world.

The fbi controls localbitcoins.com , paxful and hitbtc.com
HitbtcSCAM

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:37:54 PM

Hi all, i finally got my deposit 2 days ago, took more then 1,5 months and quite a few tickets opened. Also withdrawals take ages and withdrowal fees are really high. If you can get the coin elsewhere i would highly recommend it Smiley. I'll probably transfer what i have left there to some other exchange or mew, hopefully wont wait for months again.

Thanks you for stopping by between your donut breaks f.cking government scum, desperate to use your new account to keep the people in the dark while your conspiracy moves forward spying and robbing
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:58:11 PM

I'm really nervous about my coins sitting on HitBTC. I may just have to withdraw and deposit it to other trading platforms. But I saw someone says that HitBTC says that you have to wait for a month before you can actually withdraw your funds. It this is true then its already a lost for traders. My other issues is, how come ICO's still listed their coins on HitBTC though? They could go to other reputable exchanges to list their coins, why are they still partnering with them?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:09:55 PM

I'm really nervous about my coins sitting on HitBTC. I may just have to withdraw and deposit it to other trading platforms. But I saw someone says that HitBTC says that you have to wait for a month before you can actually withdraw your funds. It this is true then its already a lost for traders. My other issues is, how come ICO's still listed their coins on HitBTC though? They could go to other reputable exchanges to list their coins, why are they still partnering with them?

Don't be nervous mate, hitbtc was still doing well right now and I think those were minor problems encountered by our co-traders here. We need to contact the support of hitbtc if we encountered problems which put your funds in danger and problems like withdrawal of deposits could be resolved by their admins so the scam ideas might be free from our minds.
asyakashi

Activity: 1918
Merit: 256

Just.bet - Decentralized On-chain Casino

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:28:22 PM

HitBTC is still safe and service is still good so far.
nothing to worry about. Their complaint is just a matter of patience and the Team will solve it.
it just takes time to solve every problem.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet$  $
  $
$  $
  $
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
CARD GAMES
PLINKO
HORSE RACING
WHEEL
DICE
ROULETTE
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
✅ ONE CLICK BETS
✅ FASTEST VRF
✅ WEEKLY REWARDS
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
yetme (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

ok, here's the first lawsuit against HitBTC:

https://medium.com/karmared/hitbtc-is-having-karma-issues-c85eb23da4fe

it's official now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print