Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie question about btc price  (Read 264 times)
drewey31 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:29:05 PM

I bought a small amount of bitcoin from a broker 2 hours ago when the price was $14.7k with a payment method that takes 1-5 days to process. If my payment doesn't get assessed until next Friday and the price goes up, am i entitled to my original buy price or are the brokers allowed to give me a higher price if bitcoin price doubles?

I purchased from CoinJar.com.au. Does anybody have any thoughts on coinjar? I read some bad things about Zhou Tang being a thief. Also, over the last few days, coinjar has received alot of bad reviews, but I just think it could have something to do with the influx of buyers and longer processing times?

I used a broker because I wanted to buy the easiest way before I feel knowledgeable enough to explore other options.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:31:51 PM

First of all, you did a big mistake, buying directly from a broker is the worst thing that you can do.

You are not buying bitcoins by that way, you are just "purchasing bitcoin contracts" just like a version of what the Futures of the CME, but in an online version

And yes, you have just deposited money in the broker (i guess) and you are going to buy it at the moment that you execute your order, long or short.

I bought a small amount of bitcoin from a broker 2 hours ago when the price was $14.7k with a payment method that takes 1-5 days to process.

You will probably get scammed in there, if it has a lot of bad reviews, then it means that it is a big scam.

I am sorry.

I purchased from CoinJar.com.au.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
john0490

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:38:09 PM

Hello

Please notice that orders cannot be executed by price that you see in your chart. If there are huge volatility and low liqudity, market price and actual order execution price can vary significantly - in trading that is called slippage and smaller exchanges and brokers are particularly susceptible to that.

P.S. Before you open account you should check your potential broker or exchange.
As a rule of thumb they should be under securities regulation  and hence they should comply with regulatory standards(depending on jurisdiction).
If d your transaction hasnt been completed you should inforom them aobout that and request detailed information. If they dont comply you can go to your respective regulator. But if this broker isnt regulated there is real chance of fraud.

Hope that helps

Regards
sana9826

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:42:57 PM

I bought a small amount of bitcoin from a broker 2 hours ago when the price was $14.7k with a payment method that takes 1-5 days to process. If my payment doesn't get assessed until next Friday and the price goes up, am i entitled to my original buy price or are the brokers allowed to give me a higher price if bitcoin price doubles?

I purchased from CoinJar.com.au. Does anybody have any thoughts on coinjar? I read some bad things about Zhou Tang being a thief. Also, over the last few days, coinjar has received alot of bad reviews, but I just think it could have something to do with the influx of buyers and longer processing times?

I used a broker because I wanted to buy the easiest way before I feel knowledgeable enough to explore other options.
that's not good idea to deposit on broker sites, you have seen the bad reviews of that site, so why do you still curious to be joined,? if you want to buy bitcoin easily, you can buy it from localbitcoins.com,, it accepts many ways to pay, it just unthinkable for me when you know there some bad reviews about that site, you keep doing that. absolutely that's a scam. may it help you..
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:54:01 PM

Please do a thorough research on the internet about the bitcoin platform you're using before you start to invest.
I know it's painful but i think it's number one step to ensure security of your holdings + reliability of the exchange before you start to think about making money
stryker

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:51:58 AM

And what's the point of buying bitcoin through a broker? You do not only make money at the rate that the broker determines, so you also buy only possible profits, not the bitcoin itself. Marginal transaction you can also do directly through the exchange, without using the broker services.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:24:49 AM

And what's the point of buying bitcoin through a broker? You do not only make money at the rate that the broker determines, so you also buy only possible profits, not the bitcoin itself. Marginal transaction you can also do directly through the exchange, without using the broker services.

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and it fully based on computer internet only so it all are online transaction process so the rate of bitcoin is high it varring daily and at last it touch the rate $17 k and today rate of bitcoin is $13k and above so bitcoin price increase only in future it reach very high and this year end it touch the $20 k near by obsolutly and bitcoin price was good only you will invest in blind .
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:31:57 AM

If you buy bitcoin through a third party such as broker or package purchase, you may be expose to fraud or sur charged. It is important for you to know bitcoin does not need any third party for you to use buy or keep. However there p2p platform that allow you to trade with other seller directly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: