Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: ☺ [ANN] MOINCOIN | MEUS DECENTRALIZED CRYPTO FORUM | NO ICO | YOBIT ☺  (Read 16123 times)
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 10:39:30 PM

I don't suppose anyone else has heard back from the dev about the forum testing yet?

Not I... yet.... he has not even logged into the forum for awhile... I am just going to be patient for a bit...

He hasn't been online for a week according to his profile. If this was a scam I fail to see what they actually would have gained from it. Let's hope he comes back - a decentralized crypto forum would be really cool.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:32:42 PM

Any word on the project?
Franciem

Activity: 322

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:18:54 AM

Any word on the project?
Yeah.
How is development going?
I´m still holding some.  Smiley

KingCaper

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 02:28:14 PM

Still nothing? Don't know why I'm still surprised when this happens. I still hold a few too, if you haven't sold them already and you're interested in the decentralized forum idea hold on to your coins. If the dev's not back in 1 week I'll start looking into the idea and if it's doable I'll see if we can't get something like that going here.

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:04:15 PM

wow you go man. You'd be a hero if you did
Nott

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:59:37 AM

Still nothing? Don't know why I'm still surprised when this happens. I still hold a few too, if you haven't sold them already and you're interested in the decentralized forum idea hold on to your coins. If the dev's not back in 1 week I'll start looking into the idea and if it's doable I'll see if we can't get something like that going here.

Would be great KingCaper, (I'm holding) Still no updates from dev..
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:12:48 AM

if guys do not mind , i will submit an update tomorrow. Just to bring us up to date
dukester99

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:34:48 AM

Any work on this coin? Looks like no one is even interested anymore

if guys do not mind , i will submit an update tomorrow. Just to bring us up to date
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:32:13 PM

Okay, so it looks as if the dev is finished with this one. I've looked a little into decentralized forums. They claimed what they were working on was based on aether (http://getaether.net/) which is a decentralized version of reddit. Though interesting it's still a bit of a work in progress and has one or two limitations that don't make it very suitable for a crypto board: identities aren't continuous and images aren't supported. I guess it could be argued that the no pics thing might lead to more substantive discussions, but the identities issue is pretty much a killer blow.

I'm going to continue looking into it. I'm going to be honest here though, I'm no great programmer so this will be a labour of love. And a part time one at that (I haven't the time or a big enough stake in this to justify anything more). A developer I'm quite friendly with has said that he will help where he can, but again this will be when he has the time. Basically... it's highly unlikely anyone is going to make much money out of this. But I think a decentralized forum would be a major boon to the community and the problems involved are interesting, so I'll see what I can do.

If we're going to do this at all though there will probably need to be a coin swap in order to move to a codebase in our control. It also gives us the option to fork from something a little more interesting. The user Fartbags has made a thread discussing what he considers transparent coin swap guidelines: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880220.0

I have started some guidelines for coins thinking of doing a coin swap.

Transparent Coin Swap Guidelines:

#1 All wallets are forward compatible. Original wallets must work with new blockchains.

#2 Automatic payouts. Find all the addresses + balances. Send back all the coins in the first block of the new blockchain.

#3 Maintain copies of the older blockchains through multiple channels of distribution. Advanced work can be done to create a custom block explorer that combines both blockchains allowing users to search through both seamlessly as 1 chain.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to do this and adhere to all of those, but that's something I'll be looking into over the next few days too. Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on the proposal and I'll post again with more details soon. Also if the project is something you can contribute to in any way please let me know.

Nott

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:31:55 AM

Okay, so it looks as if the dev is finished with this one. I've looked a little into decentralized forums. They claimed what they were working on was based on aether (http://getaether.net/) which is a decentralized version of reddit. Though interesting it's still a bit of a work in progress and has one or two limitations that don't make it very suitable for a crypto board: identities aren't continuous and images aren't supported. I guess it could be argued that the no pics thing might lead to more substantive discussions, but the identities issue is pretty much a killer blow.

I'm going to continue looking into it. I'm going to be honest here though, I'm no great programmer so this will be a labour of love. And a part time one at that (I haven't the time or a big enough stake in this to justify anything more). A developer I'm quite friendly with has said that he will help where he can, but again this will be when he has the time. Basically... it's highly unlikely anyone is going to make much money out of this. But I think a decentralized forum would be a major boon to the community and the problems involved are interesting, so I'll see what I can do.

If we're going to do this at all though there will probably need to be a coin swap in order to move to a codebase in our control. It also gives us the option to fork from something a little more interesting. The user Fartbags has made a thread discussing what he considers transparent coin swap guidelines: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880220.0

I have started some guidelines for coins thinking of doing a coin swap.

Transparent Coin Swap Guidelines:

#1 All wallets are forward compatible. Original wallets must work with new blockchains.

#2 Automatic payouts. Find all the addresses + balances. Send back all the coins in the first block of the new blockchain.

#3 Maintain copies of the older blockchains through multiple channels of distribution. Advanced work can be done to create a custom block explorer that combines both blockchains allowing users to search through both seamlessly as 1 chain.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to do this and adhere to all of those, but that's something I'll be looking into over the next few days too. Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on the proposal and I'll post again with more details soon. Also if the project is something you can contribute to in any way please let me know.

This really makes me excited!
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:08:16 PM

I've registered the IRC chan #moin-crypto on freenode so if anyone would like to discuss the decentralized forum idea, the coin swap or anything else related to the project please jump in (if I don't reply I'm sleeping).

Nott

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:07:41 AM

I've registered the IRC chan #moin-crypto on freenode so if anyone would like to discuss the decentralized forum idea, the coin swap or anything else related to the project please jump in (if I don't reply I'm sleeping).

Any updates KingCaper? Smiley
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:24:32 AM

Any updates would be nice KingCaper. This coin still has a healthy network and perfect wallet. Staking works fine too.
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 12:47:39 AM

Any updates would be nice KingCaper. This coin still has a healthy network and perfect wallet. Staking works fine too.

Hi guys, I've had a busy week this week so haven't had a chance to post but we're still planning on doing this and the wheels are in motion now. I'll try to post a more detailed update tomorrow.

KingCaper

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:04:10 AM

So the forum is obviously something that will take a while, but in the mean time to get things moving I'll be taking some smaller concrete steps starting with a takeover ANN which I'll post within the next few days.  We're considering a name change and rebrand as well. Details to follow. Cheers (#moin-crypto on irc)

KingCaper

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 08:21:48 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2016, 07:59:36 AM by KingCaper

Takeover thread

moncorp

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:45:22 AM

now dead right?

Radium - Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:46:25 AM

now dead right?

No it is not dead. Just this thread.

Go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.0

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: