Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GIL, fun and fast. Now accepted at Coingas!! Difficulty Fix! Upgrade ASAP!  (Read 33548 times)
pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:41:37 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 05:54:05 PM by pr9me

My submission for new logo! Smiley

Current for comparison...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:59:31 PM

This coin is poison...

Every time anyone tries to make a new spamcoin, they always point to other spamcoins that had a bigger premine or a worse launch. The flaw of this logic is that they all are trash. if your poop is bigger than my poop, I can say that my poop has less poop then your poop.

Having any coins premined is a scam, it leads to the idea that one person is more impotant than the rest when it comes to money. Why is it your authority to make bounties for an Open-source monetary system? If it's a novel coin, other people will make exchanges and whatnot to make the coins they have worth more. You literally give no reason to mine this coin since everyone has nothing compared to your assets. although you don't technically have a 99% share in hashpower, you have a 99% stake in the money itself. What do you think would happen if one person owned 99% of all the gold in the world?
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:22:34 PM

In all fairness, he was doing large giveaways on cryptsy yesterday, so from what I am seeing so far that premine is going out to the community.  And anyway, the premine is only .0016% of the total coins to be produced.  Plus, it took over a day to get to full rewards, so he did what he could to prevent instamining.  Say what you want about this coin, but there are far, far worse offenders in the premine/instamine department.
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:45:11 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 06:03:35 PM by Noitev

In all fairness, he was doing large giveaways on cryptsy yesterday, so from what I am seeing so far that premine is going out to the community.  And anyway, the premine is only .0016% of the total coins to be produced.  Plus, it took over a day to get to full rewards, so he did what he could to prevent instamining.  Say what you want about this coin, but there are far, far worse offenders in the premine/instamine department.

I hate that logic, just cause the holocaust happened doesn't give an excuse to kill people. this isn't original at all. Tell me why it's better than bitcoin.

Also, I think you mean 0.16%. do you seriously have any faith in this coin if when it first comes out, one person has all of them? Why have one person give them away at random when mining's purpose is literally to fairly give them out at random? why not make a coin with no premine and pay BTC for bounties? oh that's right, you can't make money that way...
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:10:16 PM

In all fairness, he was doing large giveaways on cryptsy yesterday, so from what I am seeing so far that premine is going out to the community.  And anyway, the premine is only .0016% of the total coins to be produced.  Plus, it took over a day to get to full rewards, so he did what he could to prevent instamining.  Say what you want about this coin, but there are far, far worse offenders in the premine/instamine department.

I hate that logic, just cause the holocaust happened doesn't give an excuse to kill people. this isn't original at all. Tell me why it's better than bitcoin.

Also, I think you mean 0.16%. do you seriously have any faith in this coin if when it first comes out, one person has all of them? Why have one person give them away at random when mining's purpose is literally to fairly give them out at random? why not make a coin with no premine and pay BTC for bounties? oh that's right, you can't make money that way...

I'm sorry, why should this stuff timeout of my own pocket? I don't really care so much about profit, but I'm not really a fan of losing money. I premised a tiny bit, I used it to get a pool up within hours of release. I prevented anyon. From install mining huge amounts, and I have been distributing coins, a lot of them, to people who lack the hardware to mine much themselves. So, what was your problem? Move along

Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:23:02 PM

I'm sorry, why should this stuff timeout of my own pocket? I don't really care so much about profit, but I'm not really a fan of losing money. I premised a tiny bit, I used it to get a pool up within hours of release. I prevented anyon. From install mining huge amounts, and I have been distributing coins, a lot of them, to people who lack the hardware to mine much themselves. So, what was your problem? Move along

Because this is supposed to be a currency, not a business. one really can say you premised. and by no insta-mining by anyone, you are obviously are not including yourself from mining 300,000. The vast majority of coins is held by one miner. The whole point of mining is to give work for coins. What does giving them away do except hype your scam?
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:54:58 PM

As long as the coins are legitimately used for giveaways, bounties, and the like to get a coin going, I see no problem in a reasonable premine.  I don't expect a dev to spend his free time designing, programming, and promoting their coin and on top of it sink his own BTC into it to promote it.  Honestly, I don't even mind a dev premining and holding a reasonable amount of coins (what a reasonable amount is is up for debate though, and yes, I screwed up the math, it is a .16% premine) for himself if that means he is going to invest his time and energy into making the coin successful.  Face it, if a dev stands to gain from the creation of his coin, we will get better and more innovative coins.  This is simple free-market capitalism at play, same reason phizer invests billions into new and better pharmaceuticals, same reason GM invests billions into creating safer and more efficient cars, they sure as shit aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.  So why should a coin dev be looked at any differently?  If we as a community decide a dev isn't allowed to profit off his creation, we will continue to be stuck with shitty copy-paste scrypt coins.

I don't understand the arrogance of some in the crypto community.  "why can't we have a real innovative coin that I get to profit off of, but fuck the dev who spent his time and energy on it, if he profits a cent I will scream scam-coin, oh and I also expect him to sink his own BTC into it to promote it because pre-mine = scam coin"  Meanwhile the miners sit back and bitch and mine and dump and cash out.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:01:01 PM

Face it, if a dev stands to gain from the creation of his coin, we will get better and more innovative coins. 

Bullshit, we have seen more than once a day that that is utter bullshit, what we get is more and more-frequent pump and dumps, more and more-frequent launches of scamcoins.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:09:57 PM

Why the fighting? If you don't like the coin, go elsewhere.

For the ones who are ready to be constructive...What do you think of the logo?
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:10:31 PM

As long as the coins are legitimately used for giveaways, bounties, and the like to get a coin going, I see no problem in a reasonable premine.  I don't expect a dev to spend his free time designing, programming, and promoting their coin and on top of it sink his own BTC into it to promote it.  Honestly, I don't even mind a dev premining and holding a reasonable amount of coins (what a reasonable amount is is up for debate though, and yes, I screwed up the math, it is a .16% premine) for himself if that means he is going to invest his time and energy into making the coin successful.  Face it, if a dev stands to gain from the creation of his coin, we will get better and more innovative coins.  This is simple free-market capitalism at play, same reason phizer invests billions into new and better pharmaceuticals, same reason GM invests billions into creating safer and more efficient cars, they sure as shit aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.  So why should a coin dev be looked at any differently?  If we as a community decide a dev isn't allowed to profit off his creation, we will continue to be stuck with shitty copy-paste scrypt coins.

I don't understand the arrogance of some in the crypto community.  "why can't we have a real innovative coin that I get to profit off of, but fuck the dev who spent his time and energy on it, if he profits a cent I will scream scam-coin, oh and I also expect him to sink his own BTC into it to promote it because pre-mine = scam coin"  Meanwhile the miners sit back and bitch and mine and dump and cash out.

The whole point of bitcoin is an opensource money. This coin is literally a scrypt clone anyway so I have no idea why you're defending it. This coin takes no time to make and there are better ways to earn off of it than blatantly giving yourself a bajillion coins. there was this guy named satoshi nakamoto who made something really innovative and for a while, he was one of only a few people mining. For almost a year and a half his coins were practically worthless, but the incentive to change currency as a whole by improving bitcoin was enough to get bitcoins value and noticeabilitly up, inadvertently making him rich.
Saying GIL isn't a pump and dump and a way to just make money contradicts the fact it was made to make the dev money as a business endeavor. The fact he gave himself 300,000 coins makes this exceedingly obvious, especially when he picks and chooses who he gives his "bounty" coins to. To be honest, even if there wasn't a premine, it's worthless because there's no reason to choose this over any other coin.

This is a scam, plain and simple.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:28:49 PM

As long as the coins are legitimately used for giveaways, bounties, and the like to get a coin going, I see no problem in a reasonable premine.  I don't expect a dev to spend his free time designing, programming, and promoting their coin and on top of it sink his own BTC into it to promote it.  Honestly, I don't even mind a dev premining and holding a reasonable amount of coins (what a reasonable amount is is up for debate though, and yes, I screwed up the math, it is a .16% premine) for himself if that means he is going to invest his time and energy into making the coin successful.  Face it, if a dev stands to gain from the creation of his coin, we will get better and more innovative coins.  This is simple free-market capitalism at play, same reason phizer invests billions into new and better pharmaceuticals, same reason GM invests billions into creating safer and more efficient cars, they sure as shit aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.  So why should a coin dev be looked at any differently?  If we as a community decide a dev isn't allowed to profit off his creation, we will continue to be stuck with shitty copy-paste scrypt coins.

I don't understand the arrogance of some in the crypto community.  "why can't we have a real innovative coin that I get to profit off of, but fuck the dev who spent his time and energy on it, if he profits a cent I will scream scam-coin, oh and I also expect him to sink his own BTC into it to promote it because pre-mine = scam coin"  Meanwhile the miners sit back and bitch and mine and dump and cash out.

The whole point of bitcoin is an opensource money. This coin is literally a scrypt clone anyway so I have no idea why you're defending it. This coin takes no time to make and there are better ways to earn off of it than blatantly giving yourself a bajillion coins. there was this guy named satoshi nakamoto who made something really innovative and for a while, he was one of only a few people mining. For almost a year and a half his coins were practically worthless, but the incentive to change currency as a whole by improving bitcoin was enough to get bitcoins value and noticeabilitly up, inadvertently making him rich.
Saying GIL isn't a pump and dump and a way to just make money contradicts the fact it was made to make the dev money as a business endeavor. The fact he gave himself 300,000 coins makes this exceedingly obvious, especially when he picks and chooses who he gives his "bounty" coins to. To be honest, even if there wasn't a premine, it's worthless because there's no reason to choose this over any other coin.

BTC was premined to fuck, so, I guess BTC is a scam coin too.
I don't pick and choose. I go into Cryptsy, I shout, first GILL address, gets free GIL!!! and I send it to them.
I created this coin. It took a lot of work. I paid, out of my pocket, for a VPS to have a fast, dedicated node. I paid, out of my own pocket, to have the windows client compiled for me, because I couldn't get it to compile. I paid a bounty of 20K, to have a pool setup, within hours of release. The pool was up and ready, before the block reward had increased to 1. Most coins release, and after a couple hours, you see threads, with people who have thousands of coins to sell. Noone had thousands of GIL. Block reward was 2, until a couple hours ago.
GIL is fast, 45 secoond block times, 3 confirmations. Difficulty adjusts both up and down, very quickly. It's very secure. The block reward right now, is random, between 10 and 50. That's a whole lot of randomness, which should help prevent it being attacked. I have a theory here. Lets say, someone wanted to launch a 51% attack, on GIL...So, they create  their own offline version of the blockchain. Now, GIL's blockchain, is completely impossible to duplicate, due to the random block rewards. The attacker brings their version of the blockchain online, the network sees it, and, see's that the block rewards for their version, is completely different than what the other 50 clients on the network, are showing. So, in theory, and this is just a theory, mind you, the network rejects their version, and no fork is created.
Now, I created GIL, with a specific goal and purpose in mind. I clearly outlined this, and, asked for volunteers, and support from the community, to join my team, and make this happen. So far, I have had interest from 1 person, and the rest of this community, has done but bash it.
So, on that note, if you have an issue with the premine, fine, what ever, don't mine it. The other 35 MH/s that is pointed at it, please, continue to mine it, and have fun Smiley

vinne81

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

As long as the coins are legitimately used for giveaways, bounties, and the like to get a coin going, I see no problem in a reasonable premine.  I don't expect a dev to spend his free time designing, programming, and promoting their coin and on top of it sink his own BTC into it to promote it.  Honestly, I don't even mind a dev premining and holding a reasonable amount of coins (what a reasonable amount is is up for debate though, and yes, I screwed up the math, it is a .16% premine) for himself if that means he is going to invest his time and energy into making the coin successful.  Face it, if a dev stands to gain from the creation of his coin, we will get better and more innovative coins.  This is simple free-market capitalism at play, same reason phizer invests billions into new and better pharmaceuticals, same reason GM invests billions into creating safer and more efficient cars, they sure as shit aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.  So why should a coin dev be looked at any differently?  If we as a community decide a dev isn't allowed to profit off his creation, we will continue to be stuck with shitty copy-paste scrypt coins.

I don't understand the arrogance of some in the crypto community.  "why can't we have a real innovative coin that I get to profit off of, but fuck the dev who spent his time and energy on it, if he profits a cent I will scream scam-coin, oh and I also expect him to sink his own BTC into it to promote it because pre-mine = scam coin"  Meanwhile the miners sit back and bitch and mine and dump and cash out.

I don't pick and choose. I go into Cryptsy, I shout, first GILL address, gets free GIL!!! and I send it to them.
I created this coin. It took a lot of work. I paid, out of my pocket, for a VPS to have a fast, dedicated node. I paid, out of my own pocket, to have the windows client compiled for me, because I couldn't get it to compile. I paid a bounty of 20K, to have a pool setup, within hours of release. The pool was up and ready, before the block reward had increased to 1. Most coins release, and after a couple hours, you see threads, with people who have thousands of coins to sell. Noone had thousands of GIL. Block reward was 2, until a couple hours ago.
GIL is fast, 45 secoond block times, 3 confirmations. Difficulty adjusts both up and down, very quickly. It's very secure. The block reward right now, is random, between 10 and 50. That's a whole lot of randomness, which should help prevent it being attacked. I have a theory here. Lets say, someone wanted to launch a 51% attack, on GIL...So, they create  their own offline version of the blockchain. Now, GIL's blockchain, is completely impossible to duplicate, due to the random block rewards. The attacker brings their version of the blockchain online, the network sees it, and, see's that the block rewards for their version, is completely different than what the other 50 clients on the network, are showing. So, in theory, and this is just a theory, mind you, the network rejects their version, and no fork is created.
Now, I created GIL, with a specific goal and purpose in mind. I clearly outlined this, and, asked for volunteers, and support from the community, to join my team, and make this happen. So far, I have had interest from 1 person, and the rest of this community, has done but bash it.
So, on that note, if you have an issue with the premine, fine, what ever, don't mine it. The other 35 MH/s that is pointed at it, please, continue to mine it, and have fun Smiley

So how much of this GIL premine can go to have it supported on a casino  Tongue
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:40:22 PM

So how much of this GIL premine can go to have it supported on a casino  Tongue

Sent you a pm

sixteendigits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:14:46 PM

I'm not defending the coin, there is a great chance it is going nowhere just like most of these coins.  Just saying that in comparison to other premines/instamines it is nothing to bitch about.  Remind me again just how many LTC were insta-mined in the first few days of launch?

Yes, Satoshi mined his coin from the start when practically no one in the world knew about them or gave a shit about them.  So he basically gave himself a fuckton of coins when BTC was still incubating.  And this is effectively different from a premine........how?

These days a dev doesn't have that luxury when every new coin announced immediately has 300 MHs thrown at it.  Unless the dev also owns a whole lot of 7950's or ASICs, he can't even compete with the horde of miners.

Also, these days no one has the time to mine for years before a coin reaps a reward, we have expensive ASICs and GPUs to pay for.  I'm sure it didn't set Satoshi back much dough to CPU mine 100 BTC a day.

Spout all the idealistic rhetoric you want, but fact of the matter is 95% of the crypto community doesn't give a shit about any of these coins.  All they care about is making more BTC and at the end of the day, more fiat because we can't pay our mortgage with BTC or sheets of LSD ordered off SR.

Fact is crypto's are business these days, if no one ever started buying BTC with USD, Satoshi would still be CPU mining to this day and hoping the world would wise up to his wonderful creation.

BTC rise to $266 was the best and worst thing that ever happened to it.  Now it is all about the money.  If we actually used BTC as Satoshi envisioned, we wouldn't even trade them for fiat, we would have no need for fiat anymore!  Yet we all still have clarkmoody loaded up 24/7 so we can obsessively monitor it's worth in filthy dirty fiat.

And I love sunny king and PPC and XPM, he is one of the true innovators in the community, but look at the debacle with the XPM client shortly after launch.  It was terribly optimized, and resulted in a ridiculous amount of client mods thrown together by the community.  It was anything but a smooth launch.

Do you think if devs were properly compensated for their labor, that we would issues such as this?  A high quality coin painstakingly developed for a long time by talented devs would have, at launch, innovative features, a flawless client, services and shops accepting the coin, mining pools, block explorer, official websites localized for all major countries and languages, and I'm sure many other things that I lack the creativity to even think up.

Instead, we just get devs who view their coin as at best a hobby to work on in their spare time, clients just slapped up on a forum and we basically just mine and pray we aren't wasting our time.
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:15:22 PM

I don't think you get how your own coin works...
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:15:55 PM

Premise, shitcoin, nothing new, dumb name and idiotic "reasoning" behind project. Yay for new altcopypasta-coins!

Yeah, this isn't a copy/paste coin. thanks though Roll Eyes

Really? So what is unique with this one? I agree, it does have a shittier logo and dumber name than most, but that's hardly defining factors. Oh 'reward' change and 'super blocks' yeah, that's new  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:16:59 PM

"It took a lot of work" Are you fucking kidding? If it took more than 20 minutes, you are doing it wrong.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:17:35 PM

Premise, shitcoin, nothing new, dumb name and idiotic "reasoning" behind project. Yay for new altcopypasta-coins!

Yeah, this isn't a copy/paste coin. thanks though Roll Eyes

Really? So what is unique with this one? I agree, it does have a shittier logo and dumber name than most, but that's hardly defining factors. Oh 'reward' change and 'super blocks' yeah, that's new  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Maybe its link to final fantasy will be the key in supplanting BTC as the ultimate crypto coin LOL!!!
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:21:57 PM

I'm not defending the coin, there is a great chance it is going nowhere just like most of these coins.  Just saying that in comparison to other premines/instamines it is nothing to bitch about.  Remind me again just how many LTC were insta-mined in the first few days of launch?

Yes, Satoshi mined his coin from the start when practically no one in the world knew about them or gave a shit about them.  So he basically gave himself a fuckton of coins when BTC was still incubating.  And this is effectively different from a premine........how?

These days a dev doesn't have that luxury when every new coin announced immediately has 300 MHs thrown at it.  Unless the dev also owns a whole lot of 7950's or ASICs, he can't even compete with the horde of miners.

Also, these days no one has the time to mine for years before a coin reaps a reward, we have expensive ASICs and GPUs to pay for.  I'm sure it didn't set Satoshi back much dough to CPU mine 100 BTC a day.

Spout all the idealistic rhetoric you want, but fact of the matter is 95% of the crypto community doesn't give a shit about any of these coins.  All they care about is making more BTC and at the end of the day, more fiat because we can't pay our mortgage with BTC or sheets of LSD ordered off SR.

Fact is crypto's are business these days, if no one ever started buying BTC with USD, Satoshi would still be CPU mining to this day and hoping the world would wise up to his wonderful creation.

BTC rise to $266 was the best and worst thing that ever happened to it.  Now it is all about the money.  If we actually used BTC as Satoshi envisioned, we wouldn't even trade them for fiat, we would have no need for fiat anymore!  Yet we all still have clarkmoody loaded up 24/7 so we can obsessively monitor it's worth in filthy dirty fiat.

And I love sunny king and PPC and XPM, he is one of the true innovators in the community, but look at the debacle with the XPM client shortly after launch.  It was terribly optimized, and resulted in a ridiculous amount of client mods thrown together by the community.  It was anything but a smooth launch.

Do you think if devs were properly compensated for their labor, that we would issues such as this?  A high quality coin painstakingly developed for a long time by talented devs would have, at launch, innovative features, a flawless client, services and shops accepting the coin, mining pools, block explorer, official websites localized for all major countries and languages, and I'm sure many other things that I lack the creativity to even think up.

Instead, we just get devs who view their coin as at best a hobby to work on in their spare time, clients just slapped up on a forum and we basically just mine and pray we aren't wasting our time.

Um, I agree? My whole point is that all the altcoins are worthless, this one included.
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:30:45 PM

My submission for new logo! Smiley

Current for comparison...

you cleaned up the edges, this is good, you used posterisation and destroyed all the detail, this is bad

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: