Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5830 mem clock  (Read 1491 times)
BitPorium (OP)

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:12:52 AM

I got some sapphire cards. I flashed bios to allow for oc but I couldnt change anything in there in relation to voltage. Can you O this in linux? Also will lowering memory clock actually help me get a higher oc? I can get 950 core now but it locks up any higher. Thanks
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
geek-trader

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 05:38:49 PM

I got some sapphire cards. I flashed bios to allow for oc but I couldnt change anything in there in relation to voltage. Can you O this in linux? Also will lowering memory clock actually help me get a higher oc? I can get 950 core now but it locks up any higher. Thanks

I have a Diamond 5830.  Can't change the voltage, that I know of, in Linux, just the clock.  I can clock to 975, to get 303 Mh/s.  I have not tried higher.  The fan is pretty loud at 975, and I have to keep the peace with the wife.

I clock the mem down to 200.  Doesn't affect my hash rate, but does lower the temp a bit.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
BitPorium (OP)

Activity: 590

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:07:16 PM

I have a Diamond 5830.  Can't change the voltage, that I know of, in Linux, just the clock.  I can clock to 975, to get 303 Mh/s.  I have not tried higher.  The fan is pretty loud at 975, and I have to keep the peace with the wife.

I clock the mem down to 200.  Doesn't affect my hash rate, but does lower the temp a bit.
my temps are fine, hover around 60c at 85%. But i cant clock them much higher than 950. In windows using trix they are stable at 1ghz with a small bump in vcore. I will try a  ios mod or something
LehmanSister

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

High Desert Dweller-Where Space and Time Meet $

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:40:49 AM

Sounds like a good forum thread to be, "How many wives / girlfriends lost over mining? Is it worth it?"

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:50:44 AM

340mhz memory + worksize=128 seems to be the best combination. (BFI_INT + VECTORS + FASTLOOP=false)
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:56:25 PM

i'm using windows 7 for all of my miners...

These sapphire 5830's have no problem oc'ing to 1050 on a dedicated machine. 

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
Xenomorph

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 10:05:03 PM

Yeah, the Sapphire 5830s have been nice.

$110 shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102878

I usually have them running cool at 966/300, stock voltage (~310 Mhash/s). If I bump the voltage a bit, they do 1050/300, but they start to get really warm unless I kick the fan way up (and anything over 50% is loud). That's good for almost 330 Mhash/s under Windows 7, though!
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:30:15 AM

Why did you flash the bios I bought a sapphire 5830 and just used trixx to push it to 1025mhz with 300mhz memory.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
cicada

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:16:59 AM

Why did you flash the bios I bought a sapphire 5830 and just used trixx to push it to 1025mhz with 300mhz memory.

1) Necessary in linux rigs, the tools we currently have don't let us play with voltage on these cards.

2) Less hassle, bios flash lets you set it once and forget it.

Team Epic!

All your bitcoin are belong to 19mScWkZxACv215AN1wosNNQ54pCQi3iB7
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:15:56 PM

Interesting limitation.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:16:36 PM

What voltage did you use?

enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:25:26 PM

Trixx only seems to affect the first card in each of my rigs, whether I check the checkbox to sync them all or not. RBE seems to have done the trick in one of my rigs but in some others I flash BIOS and the clocks just go right back to stock settings. I've also got one card that freezes the system if I try to underclock the memory at all. All are the Sapphire 5830s that everyone raves about. Is there some trick I'm missing to make Trixx or RBE work properly?
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:11:10 PM

Finally got RBE to work. Can't believe how dumb my mistake was - forgot to remove MSI Afterburner from the startup group and it was overwriting my changes thanks to "unofficial overclocking mode" Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: