Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is mybitcoin.com broken or hacked (July 3rd 2011)  (Read 2375 times)
lmlbs (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:20:52 AM

I was trying to register today with mybitcoin.com, but although it accepts my desired login/password, I can't login with them later... I wonder if their code is broken, or their site is hacked (so it is phishing going on). I always using different passwords on different sites - thus it's not a big deal, but would like to know what is going on. Anybody who is using mybitcoin.com please comment on this - is anybody able to login or is this affecting only newly created logins?

The whole reason why I want to register at mybitcoin is that I'm under the impression that you MUST go this route in order to accept BTC payments for a web-store, but maybe I'm wrong, if somebody has experience using different means, would appreciate a note on that. I'm setting that up for OpenCart based store.

Thank you.
Vassili.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:25:13 AM

The whole reason why I want to register at mybitcoin is that I'm under the impression that you MUST go this route in order to accept BTC payments for a web-store, but maybe I'm wrong, if somebody has experience using different means, would appreciate a note on that. I'm setting that up for OpenCart based store.

I don't know anything about OpenCart, but you don't need mybitcoin.com (or similar) to accept payments on a website.

It's possible to install and run bitcoin directly on your server, however it's a bit more complicated.

lmlbs (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

I don't know anything about OpenCart, but you don't need mybitcoin.com (or similar) to accept payments on a website.

It's possible to install and run bitcoin directly on your server, however it's a bit more complicated.

Sure, I can set it up just like a CASH terms, then issue an Invoice with my Bitcoin account number and wait for the payment to come settling the invoice, then ship the goods.

But since I wanted to do it quick and easy and fast, I've looked up OpenCart extensions for Bitcoin support, and had found only this one - opencart-bitcoin-payment-module-v03-beta.zip - which has this clearly in the README:

About
   BTC payment via mybitcoin.com module for opencart.

There is a thread about somebody pledging 100 BTC to write an extension for OpenCart, but seems that the only thing that resulted from this is this one (that uses mybitcoin.com). Although hacking is very cool, I need to think about cash flow also... so I'm trying to figure out simple ways to get this going with OpenCart.
ahitman

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:10:22 AM

I have an account with mybitcoin but cannot login. Dont know if its been hacked, but Im luck I only had 0.01BTC in there.

I would really like to accept payments in BTC for my hosting services, but mybitcoin seems sketchy, anyone have a good alternative?
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 11:29:38 AM

I'll repeat what I said on the other thread here: I can't log into any of my accounts at MyBitcoin. I thought I had been hacked at first. But then I made a new account just to be sure. And I couldn't log in with that either. So they are preventing logins, yet the the message is saying invalid password/username. I'm a little bit less worried now, as they could just be doing some sort of of upgrade. Lets just hope it's not something much worse. Most of my coins are in MyBitcoin

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
JackbeQuick

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:07:05 PM

I was trying to register today with mybitcoin.com, but although it accepts my desired login/password, I can't login with them later... I wonder if their code is broken, or their site is hacked (so it is phishing going on). I always using different passwords on different sites - thus it's not a big deal, but would like to know what is going on. Anybody who is using mybitcoin.com please comment on this - is anybody able to login or is this affecting only newly created logins?

Thank you.
Vassili.

I also am having this problem!! Exactly! 

Where is the support desk?
jorgen
VIP

Activity: 113
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:51:34 PM

Just the same. Can't login with username/pass incorrect  Angry
Mybitcoin support, please reply!
rabit

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:02:22 PM

They had disabled login during website updates in the past, perhaps they just forgot to leave a note this time. Login worked also yesterday.
Sicness

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:40:06 PM

A have the same probles. Can't loginin, incorrect. My used password used only for this site. And other accounts (with money like mtgox.com) works fine.
And I didn't receive any e-mail about received btc on my wallet on mybitcoin.com. I't seen like my account on mybitcoin.com was stolen. But, how I can see the same problem have not only me..
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:09:51 PM

its working again.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
JackbeQuick

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:26:15 PM

Yay! it works for me too now!!

But not from Tor Sad
Sicness

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:10:33 AM

Yes, it's works, but I didn't receive money, that had sended with account didn't work o_O
I think not fine yet...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: