Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:48:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THEY WANT YOUR MONEY! STOP!  (Read 103 times)
ObscureAngel (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:11:37 AM

Ladies and Gents, are we really doing this?  Cryptocurrencies are spinning out of control and who can we blame other than ourselves!  I'm not saying all cryptocurrencies are bad. Quite the contrary actually, but in the era we are living through right now, a lot of things are happening and changing so quickly that it doesn't give us enough time to adapt, we just have to continue pushing forward. Lets just stop a take a deep breath!

Okay...first off, the idea of cryptocurrency is undeniably one of the greatest things to happen in the information age, but we are using this new tool not to benefit the people, but rather, to benefit the few.  As if the current political system doesn't do enough of that already.  We have been blessed to have this new power in our hands and we are giving it away willingly, without actually sitting back and thinking about what the consequences will be if we continue down this path.  So what needs to change?

1. Can we stop giving our hard earned money away to ICO's.
        I understand many of us do not have tech-savvy backgrounds nor do we have the technical capabilities to efficiently mine coins.  I'm also aware that fiat currency may eventually be converted into digital forms of currency and that "hopping on the train early" is a wise and effective decision to make.  As of right now however, I see them simply as an extension to our currency, like two-fold: one in the real world and one in the digital world.  With that being said, individuals, people, and/or companies are using ICOs as a way to reach out to the average person, but of course, for a price.  Many of us, including myself, will blindly purchase into these ICOs hoping we will find the next Bitcoin or perhaps we just believe in the coin.  But in all honesty, we just gave power to whomever owns the ICO and for what? a cryptocurrency we can even use.  We now have to hope and wish that the company or individual(s) who created the coin will try and make it mainstream to up its value.  Looks like we just lost our power there.  Moreover, the creator(s) can simply run off with millions of dollars because in a day and age we live in today, making that much money so quickly is difficult, and money can sometimes corrupt us to do bad things.  So i'll leave it on this note, a true cryptocurrency should never have an ICO drop because once it does it loses it credibility and if we buy into them then we (the people) have given away our power.

2. What happened to decentralization and deregulation?
        Majority of the cryptocurrencies that are floating around on the internet are neither decentralized nor deregulated.  There is this false notion that seems to be lingering around thinking that all cryptocurrencies are deregulated because the government or banks aren't inflating or fluctuating the prices.  It's sad to say but that is not the case.  If a coin is created and there is a team behind it, then they inherent a centralized and regulated position.  They are centralized and regulated because the power is in one place now; the creators.  You now know who created it, that is why decentralized and deregulated coins are champions.  It is because we have know clue who made them and the power of anonymity can really fuck things up.  Look at Bitcoin for example, no one knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is (or if it was even him who created it) and this frightens the banksters because now they don't know who to go after.  Remember here folks: Cryptocurrencies have the power to stop corrupt banks and banksters but if we continue to buy into company driven coins then we are stripping away our anonymity and giving bankster and others the right to find out who we are and manipulate the things we make.  Let's stick to the double D's.

3. Mining can really suck at times
       Now don't get me wrong here, I love mining and blockchain is our future, but it can really suck sometimes.  Mining has become an arms race, and rightfully so as that is how the blockchain works.  It is the increasing difficulties of the blocks that pushes our pc's or gpu rigs or asic machines in a cycle where the most powerful, fastest, and reliable techs will win.  Well that really isn't fair to everyone.  It is almost like we are creating the new 1% but this time in technology haha.  How are people suppose to understand and appreciate mining when most of the time they aren't earning anything from it because the big dogs are reaping all the rewards.  Pooled mining is definitely a good and viable option too but even then, if your system is too slow, then you'll get hardly anything.  Now equality isn't really the answer here either because those who invest in those rigs are doing most of the work and they should get most of the reward.  The problem is mining is very limited.  There is only one way to obtain coins without going to a trade or buying them.  Now faucets is definitely a solid solution, payouts do suck but they do give everyone a chance to earn something; payouts just need to be better.  I don't know, just some food for thought, but I do think an alternative would help many get into cryptocurrencies.  We should let the machines do the work, and the humans reap the rewards.

4. Movement of coins is limited
       What the fuck can we do with these coins? Well for most of them, nothing.  This answer really does limit the possibility of coins and i'm not surprised.  The current powers do not want a currency change because they are filthy rich with the way things are now.   Also, crypto coins are very new and majority of the people still do not know what to do with them, as well as, where it's value is coming from.  Transactions and trades need to occur in order for the flow of coins to persist. If everyone is simply holding them then the only real value they would have is demand, which isn't a bad thing but it would discourage people from spending there money because they would simply hold it and try and get a better price out of it. I know there aren't a lot of solutions currently for this problem, but it certainly is deterring away the "currency revolution" from happening.

And lastly, this one isn't so much a problem, its simply something to consider (a little food for your thinking brains) 

5. Stocks and max supply of coins.
       Now the stocks of cryptocurrency has somewhat currently left me dumbfounded, perhaps it might be because I think stocks are kind of dumb in itself.  Let's be real here, most currency's nowadays only have value because we believe them, they aren't backed up by gold or "blood oil" anymore.  Moreover, we know supply for currency in the real world is never static, there is always money being printed.  Now i know that would translate into devaluing the currency but if we hold the notion true, that currency is formed by belief, then why should it be devalued.  Why can't currency be static.  For example, if one apple cost $1, then why would that same apple cost $1.50 4 years later? It makes no sense.  Do we really need inflation and does it benefit us?  I believe these are the things cryptocurrencies can solve, and that is why the corrupt banksters are scared.  As for the max supply of coins, I don't know why we have a cap level on them, we don't even have that in reality.  Plus it can be beneficial!  If people use one kind of cryptocurrency all over the world then the max supply has to grow, especially since population is continually growing.  Or maybe it just isn't able to be done in a blockchain, i'm not to sure but like I said, this was just a little something to consider. 

Well this is the end of my rant, I really hope we can get the ball rolling and we can have some sort of discussion on this platform. What are some of the things you liked, or what are some of the things you disliked about the things i had to say?  How do you envision cryptocurrency and the future of it?

Thanks for reading guys and girls! LOVE YOU ALL!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: