Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantum Computer vs Bitcoin  (Read 2418 times)
PEG-TOKEN
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

peg-token.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:18:36 PM

The main thing here is the possibility and the way that quantum computers will work.

Computers today talk binary they can only be a 0 or a 1 at any time.
Quantum computers have the advantage of being able to be a  0 and a 1 at the same time.
or  0 and 0
or 1 and 1
or 0 and 1
ect ect ect

So this brings the possibility of code cracking to the extreme.
The first quantum computer to start attacking SHA we could be in trouble..

But chances are that will not be for a very long time dew to many complexities around not only the size but the functionality of quantum mechanics.

When we do reach the realm of quantum being the standard - 30-50 years away there will be new quantum security that will be developed.

| PEGTOKEN |  - https://peg-token.com - | Digital Asset Creation | BTC | ETH Cross-Chain Tokens

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:38:19 AM

Hmmn, I'm not too sure about that. Nothing is impossible, though. Is it really too safe to store our coins on a system for years?
haltingprobability

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:45:32 PM

Nothing is impossible, though.

If nothing is impossible, then "everything is impossible" is possible, in which case, nothing is possible.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:09:56 PM

If nothing is impossible, then "everything is impossible" is possible, in which case, nothing is possible.

That paradox hit me faster than the speed of light; and my Quantum FUD® got entangled in the superposition of impossibilities.

(@Vigme86, I began writing you a reply earlier; may do later, time permitting.  Your setup sounds decent; good luck with your long-term holding.)

Ramjan

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:49:57 PM

Quantum PCs will really contend with conventional transistor based PCs things being what they are they'll be slower in specific viewpoints than their transistors based partners. This depends on my free investigation of quantum processing yet we'll simply need to pause and watch when these gadgets begin to take off in the market, the extent that bitcoin is concerned the most exceedingly terrible conceivable situation would be a hard fork to make it 'quantum-safe'
Kahhar
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:22:23 PM

Is it true that IOTA is the only crypto "quantum-proof"?
Just heard that in their bumph..
E

I think IOTA is only quantum resistant, quantum proof would be a whole level up (e.g., like the difference between products that are water resistant vs water proof).

QRL is another crypto that is quantum resistant; supposedly slightly more so than IOTA.
thegamblingbay

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:52:17 AM

how is "everything impossible" if "nothing is impossible"

shouldn't it be "everything is possible" if "nothing is impossible"?

it's not a paradox really, is it ?

also you are forgetting, quantum computers will in fact speed the arithmetic operations like cracking SHA but it will also bring new age encryption methods with which you can *tell* if someone opened the stream or not .... with all that "until observed" sort of thing... so i wouldn't worry yet. besides we're at least a decade away from commercial quantum computers.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:30:25 AM

Quantum computing is computing using quantum-mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement. A quantum computer is a device that performs quantum computing, it is already existing but none of the issue that bitcoin will be destroyed by any kind of it and ability to attack bitcoin,et the private key from public key. However if you use bitcoin properly you are safe from the quantum computers because it have a ability to destroy bitcoin.
haltingprobability

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:36:12 AM

how is "everything impossible" if "nothing is impossible"

shouldn't it be "everything is possible" if "nothing is impossible"?

it's not a paradox really, is it ?

It's a self-contradiction. See here. Specifically:

"In classical modal logic, a proposition is said to be possible if and only if it is not necessarily false (regardless of whether it is actually true or actually false);"

From this definition, "everything is possible" means "everything is not necessarily false", which is false, since there are necessarily false statements (contradictions). Thus, "everything is possible" is a self-contradiction.
sherlenekupo

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

Yes it possible, as the technology keep evolving and changing. Currently quantum computing is still in the early stage but whos know, it might take some time to reaches the level that could possibly destroy bitcoin
jafu

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:56:07 AM

I heard that Quantum Computer can destroy bitcoin.
Is it possible?
No, on the grounds that the difficulty will naturally increment to coordinate Quantum Computer level capacities. So it will level out The income sans work in Bitcoin was made on the grounds that the common movement in cost was to the upside. Since it can go both here and there, mining will be significantly more troublesome.
gargavaar

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:16:13 AM

Is it true that IOTA is the only crypto "quantum-proof"?
Just heard that in their bumph..
E

I think IOTA is only quantum resistant, quantum proof would be a whole level up (e.g., like the difference between products that are water resistant vs water proof).

QRL is another crypto that is quantum resistant; supposedly slightly more so than IOTA.

Is there any crypto out there that is truly quantum proof yet. Is all software only systems vulnerable?
Crypto Lion

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:33:47 AM

I haven't heard much news of a quantum computer taking out Bitcoin or stealing some of its currency yet. Which is a good thing, but once it does happen god save the Bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies need to continuously find ways to protect their base so that this issue doesn't happen or reduce the chances of it happening often.
Jolyquinzel

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:09:34 AM

On contrary, firstly, Quantum computers exist already (military, aviation, NASA, etc) and nothing happened to us, although our governments could destroy this network for so many times. Secondly, I heard that Quantum computers will make mining much faster, though you won't be able to steal private keys with it.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:44:14 PM

The title reminds me of Quantum Mechanics which is complicated and I fail yet to grasp it fully. I do believe that Quantum Computer is not real, and even if it does exist, it will not be sufficient to destroy bitcoin. The latter cannot cease to exist because many smart people are backing it up.

As a matter of fact, the only thing that can destroy bitcoin; either the internet gets shut down or people stops using bitcoin, thus its value will cease to exist. Apart from the mentioned, I believe nothing can destroy it.
albypav

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

Is it possible?

The current ones no but in future yes, if bitcoin doesn't change / upgrade.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:58:03 AM

Is it possible?

The current ones no but in future yes, if bitcoin doesn't change / upgrade.

I think bitcoin is now working for an innovation on how it can keep up with the new arising cryptocurrencies. We just have to put our trust to bitcoin because the deman is a factor of its price as well. In most remote countries that already have internet, there are just starting to learn about bitcoin and are interested in those.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
spiker777

Activity: 992
Merit: 278

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 07:34:50 AM

Currently, quantum computers such as Google's D-wave operates at 2000qb/s, which is impressive compared to its predecessor, but still nothing close to the power required to crack strong encryption algorithms.

Right now, quantum computer are in their infancy, however in future, once competition increases, and machine learning algorithms can be applied in non-vector calculations, we'll see a new generation in computing power.

bismillahi

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:11:56 AM

Yes, it can, but maybe hundred years again, or maybe faster than that.
Quantum computer technology maybe can grow fast, but you know Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is also technology that also always growing
Bitcoin will die, but a lot of cryptocurrency with modern technology will survive, new algo will created and Boom Bitcoin crown will replaced by more secured and featured cryptocurrency
Mr.boombastick

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:31:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2791622.msg28577593#msg28577593 - this project found solution against quantum computer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: