Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction!] HOTWALLET.CA -- code, rights, domain name  (Read 2117 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:54:07 PM

Hi!

For a while now I've been poking around with hotwallet.ca, and I've decided I just don't want to develop the site any further. I'm just too busy with kongzi.ca and my other projects. That and mtgox is being insane about it's verification queue and I really need some bitcoins to pay the bills. For the duration of this auction I am keeping hotwallet.ca online although keep in mind it's a proof of concept site and I don't intend you to actually use it for any length of time. At the end of the month if you've deposited coins they will be sent back to the originating address.

What you get if you win this auction:
- sole rights and a no-competition agreement
- the coolest domain name in the universe (hotwallet.ca)
- fully operational functional bitcoin & litecoin web wallet with 2fa on login
- gambling games (coin flip, dragon dice) 100% working & profitable
- half a btc/ltc exchange (the order matcher isn't written)
- BitVPS KVM-6 hosting for the site, if you need it, for a couple of months
- consultation on setup and code for (say) a month, if you need it.

With a little modification this could become another just-dice, inputs.io/insert-webwallet-here, or even an exchange. I'm willing to do some mod work on the site or the client for you, give you code support for a couple of weeks, work with you on the project to finish a feature, set up postfix/dovecot on your server for you, etc. but what I am really looking for is to get this thing off my plate. So bid away. Common sense rules apply; all bids are final, dubious bids will require a deposit (which I will announce).

Bids start at 1 BTC, the auction will end at the end of the month UTC.

Feel free to ask questions, happy bidding!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:30:42 AM

How are you scaling bitcoind?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:52:09 PM

How are you scaling bitcoind?

I'm not, and don't see the need actually. To do what I really want with the site would require heavy modifications to bitcoind but not in terms of scaling it. I've spent quite some time looking at armory's API as a solution, but it does not load new wallets fast enough to be a viable solution. What I came up with in lieu is a beanstalkd-based solution where the site can interface with a remote wallet and/or exchange server. This has many benefits and led me in some pretty exciting directions -- least of all in terms of scalability, as new wallet servers could in theory be added upon demand. But I'm the kind of guy that likes to code it right or go home, so until we get certain new features in bitcoind and/or armory API I would just like to work on something else.

I really think that there are some exciting things that can be done here with a message queue and modifying the bitcoind source code; satoshidice is an example of something interesting you could do. I'm probably not going to be able to sell the site which means I'll probably be looking at this again next year. I mean put bluntly, the money is amazing. $4m++ for satoshidice, $2m++ invested in just-dice, just blows my mind. I almost have half a mind to drop everything and just work on this. I probably should. I have isolated the areas where I need to modify the client, in general, to do what I want (with some trouble) I just don't want to put the months in to test it and work it all out. I don't have the desire. I've been meaning to do my other project kongzi.ca for far too long now.

But if you're the kind of guy that just needs a kick in the pants to do something like this, all the grunt work is done. hotwallet.ca -- and there's no bids! It could be yours for a steal.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:40:55 PM

Oh, why not?  I'll bid 1 BTC.

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:13:36 AM

Anyways, if I win, can you remove all the exchange code and just make it the gambling site and the wallet site?  Also, can you add a registration button?

Sure! I'll also help show you where the gambling game code is, how to modify it to make new games, etc.

1 BTC is fine, if you win it for that it means you were the only interested bidder.

Interestingly enough, the more people bid on this the more it's worth, even if just to stick it to your competitors ;-)
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:14:34 AM

Anyways, if I win, can you remove all the exchange code and just make it the gambling site and the wallet site?  Also, can you add a registration button?

Sure! I'll also help show you where the gambling game code is, how to modify it to make new games, etc.

1 BTC is fine, if you win it for that it means you were the only interested bidder.

Interestingly enough, the more people bid on this the more it's worth, even if just to stick it to your competitors ;-)
Hah!  Don't bump it, more people will bid!

I think it's worth way more than 1 BTC, though...

God9394

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:10:27 AM

1.05 btc if you can
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:11:23 AM

1.05 btc if you can
I'm not entirely sure if this bid should count (look at his trust rating), but I bid 1.06 if this one counts.

God9394

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

While I have a negative trust rating, everyone who knows me knows that I never scam.
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:19:18 AM

While I have a negative trust rating, everyone who knows me knows that I never scam.
http://grab.by/oEag

Except for Tomatocage... And only one person there says you're not a scammer (they don't really say that, either...)

danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:34:19 AM

Daniel <redacted> I suggest you stop trolling immediately. Many people have learned hard lessons from their online comments.
Old address, I moved 4 months ago.  Public records don't get updated for awhile. 

Also, my new address is pretty much public.  Try harder!  I recommend asking in #bitcoin-otc, since all of them know my address.

You're getting banned now, anyways...  Hope you feel good, Mr. Internet Tough Guy.

God9394

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:36:08 AM

If I get banned I will simply move to my next username.

1.1 BTC
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:36:52 AM

1.1 BTC
I know.  I don't think usagi is going to count your bids, anyways, so I'm going to stay at 1 BTC.

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:38:38 PM

1.1 BTC
I know.  I don't think usagi is going to count your bids, anyways, so I'm going to stay at 1 BTC.

If he isn't around to pay his 1.1, it will fall back to the lowest bid the previous person made when not trying to outbid the banned guy.

To the banned guy: Sorry if they're banning you but that isn't under my control, perhaps try bidding on a non-banned account? Or is that illegal too?
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:14:51 PM

1.1 BTC

If he isn't around to pay his 1.1, it will fall back to the lowest bid the previous person made when not trying to outbid the banned guy.

To the banned guy: Sorry if they're banning you but that isn't under my control, perhaps try bidding on a non-banned account? Or is that illegal too?
Oh, OK.  I'll bid 1.11, in that case.

Also: I hope he gets banned... He posted my old address on a public forum!

bapakece

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:34:02 PM

I'm new to coding.. still learning as I go along. I know HTML and JSS. will this work
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

I'm new to coding.. still learning as I go along. I know HTML and JSS. will this work
JSS?  Do you mean CSS or JS?

bapakece

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:08:24 PM

whats the difference lol
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:08:58 PM

whats the difference lol
If you don't know the difference between javascript and CSS, you shouldn't get this site... Smiley

danieldaniel

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:34:34 AM

usagi: He's banned now.

So far I've gotten 100% of the competition banned!

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

Come on guys, someone bid 1.1 Smiley
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:09:14 AM

Come on guys, someone bid 1.1 Smiley
I still want to buy it, but I'm going to feel really shitty buying all of this work for 1 BTC...

If you want, you don't have to sell it to me if you'd rather keep it.  Obviously, if you still want to sell it, I'll still pay!

fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:38:30 PM

I bid 1.1

That's where we're at right now, right?

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:41:26 PM

I bid 1.1

That's where we're at right now, right?

Pablo.

Confirmed.

Remember, the auction closes on August 1st. That means there are around 27 hours and change left to bid!
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:46:29 PM

I bid 1.11.

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

I bid 1.11.

I bid 1.2.

Is the end time EST?

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:04:11 PM

I bid 1.11.

I bid 1.2.

Is the end time EST?

Pablo.

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 12:11:34 AM

Nothing like a nice lil bidding war Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

1.5... That's the highest I'm going.  If you bid more, you win!

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 04:41:51 PM

1.55 Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:02:12 PM

1.55 Smiley.

Pablo.
Aww... Sad  I don't want to pay this much.

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:25:45 PM

The package should probably go for at least 9 or 10 BTC. But at this point I just want it out of my hair Smiley
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:31:57 PM

The package should probably go for at least 9 or 10 BTC. But at this point I just want it out of my hair Smiley
It's worth that, but I don't want to pay that.  Smiley

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:04:12 PM

ill bid 1.6.

I have an idea that id like to turn the site. I dont think it would be to hard to do with what is currently done for the site but I would want it done with my bid. We can pm about it and if you dont want to do it then ill withdraw my bid.

Also how much longer is the vps active/prepaid for

How much time is left on the domain?

Lastly would you be open to being hired/paid to in the future expand on the site?
danieldaniel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:14:09 PM

ill bid 1.6.

I have an idea that id like to turn the site. I dont think it would be to hard to do with what is currently done for the site but I would want it done with my bid. We can pm about it and if you dont want to do it then ill withdraw my bid.

Lastly would you be open to being hired/paid to in the future expand on the site?
You can't withdraw a bid... that's not how an auction works.

usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:23:08 PM

ill bid 1.6.

Actually another person just asked me these in PM.

1. My KVM is prepaid for another 12 months, i'll let you use hosting on my BitVPS KVM-6 for another 2 or 3 months, after that I'd have to charge you if you want it on my KVM. I'm not really into subletting, it could be done, but there's not really any reason to do it. I don't think it would be really cheaper than running your own KVM-3. Then again you might want to reconsider that, running bitcoind and litecoind is a bit heavy. My KVM-6 eats it up like butter tho. I am guessing a KVM-3 would do you fine though if this is all you're doing with it.

2. The domain has at least a few years on it. Maybe 5.

3. I'm more than willing to spend a couple weeks helping you out on the site, adding a few features, stripping other things down, etc, but anything major would of course require hiring me. By major, if you're thinking of making a just-dice clone that would require a new game and game UI, a chat window, and invest capability. Remember, my original goal here was to help you understand the site and transition it to you. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, I am not going to leave you with a project you don't understand. Just PM me with what you need.

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:49:17 AM

ill bid 1.6.

Actually another person just asked me these in PM.

1. My KVM is prepaid for another 12 months, i'll let you use hosting on my BitVPS KVM-6 for another 2 or 3 months, after that I'd have to charge you if you want it on my KVM. I'm not really into subletting, it could be done, but there's not really any reason to do it. I don't think it would be really cheaper than running your own KVM-3. Then again you might want to reconsider that, running bitcoind and litecoind is a bit heavy. My KVM-6 eats it up like butter tho. I am guessing a KVM-3 would do you fine though if this is all you're doing with it.

2. The domain has at least a few years on it. Maybe 5.

3. I'm more than willing to spend a couple weeks helping you out on the site, adding a few features, stripping other things down, etc, but anything major would of course require hiring me. By major, if you're thinking of making a just-dice clone that would require a new game and game UI, a chat window, and invest capability. Remember, my original goal here was to help you understand the site and transition it to you. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, I am not going to leave you with a project you don't understand. Just PM me with what you need.

okay, yea what I want done would be like escrow added to a site.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:32:34 AM

starsoccer won the auction.

Starsoccer, please send payment of 1.6 BTC to: 1Ms6ofnEVmUp6dQm47wFLwdi9pYDBw1cvu

Please rate me on OTC (nick: usagi). I will rate you there and give you a trust rating here as well.

Send me a PM and we will discuss how you want the feature implemented. I can probably add an escrow feature without much trouble, it sounds like the kind of thing that will not be difficult to do.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: