Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce + Devlog] Bitcoin on Google Glass  (Read 1435 times)
super3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 10:35:16 PM

So I just got my Google Glass yesterday, and I'm just starting development. My first little project is a simple USD exchange rate checker. Here is a little screenshot of what it will look like:

I'd welcome suggestions on what I should should create other than just a basic wallet, or any suggestions/comments on any progress I post here. Thanks!

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

Lucky you!

I don't have much imagination but here's one, read a QR code of an address and display it's balance

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
super3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

Lucky you!

I don't have much imagination but here's one, read a QR code of an address and display it's balance
That will be my next project when I am a little bit more comfortable with the API.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

Lucky you!

+1
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:27:09 PM

There's one thing I don't like in Google glass: Google.

Doesn't anyone remember an old concept called privacy? It's one of bitcoin's best asset, and I wouldn't want to share any of my bitcoin's business with google. I know I'm a freak as I don't have a google account and I'm not on facebook, but I'm living fine without that, and I'm confident I'll live nicely without wearing google glass. They may probably not work where I am anyway.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
coinprize

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:37:44 PM

Doesn't anyone remember an old concept called privacy? It's one of bitcoin's best asset, and I wouldn't want to share any of my bitcoin's business with google. I know I'm a freak as I don't have a google account and I'm not on facebook, but I'm living fine without that, and I'm confident I'll live nicely without wearing google glass. They may probably not work where I am anyway.

Indeed.
Bitcoin sets you free and you give up by GLASS.. Shocked

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:39:07 PM

Note that not wearning them won't help (completely) - what if others you meet (or just strangers on the street) do?  So I'm afraid one has to be even more careful with that thing in the future....

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:44:40 PM

Why do exchange rates. Make an app so when I look at a store it tells me if they accept bitcoins.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:09:27 PM

Why do exchange rates. Make an app so when I look at a store it tells me if they accept bitcoins.
That would make your right eye red insensitive

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:38:30 PM

While I share the trepidation others seem to feel about wearing something built by Google on my face, there aren't really any other options right now. I would rather have one than not, so I'll be buying Google's. I would happily back any viable open source alternatives that crop up on any crowdfunding sites.

If you're going to have an exchange rate ticker, please have it tied to something other than Mt. Gox. They are no longer a real exchange as far as I'm concerned, since you have to be able to get money *off* the exchange in order for it to work properly. The sooner we get off the Mt. Gox "standard," the better.
super3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:49:47 PM

While I share the trepidation others seem to feel about wearing something built by Google on my face, there aren't really any other options right now. I would rather have one than not, so I'll be buying Google's. I would happily back any viable open source alternatives that crop up on any crowdfunding sites.

If you're going to have an exchange rate ticker, please have it tied to something other than Mt. Gox. They are no longer a real exchange as far as I'm concerned, since you have to be able to get money *off* the exchange in order for it to work properly. The sooner we get off the Mt. Gox "standard," the better.
You make a fair point. It's just grabbing data from JSON, so I could display any exchange. I could also just display the market average.

Note that not wearning them won't help (completely) - what if others you meet (or just strangers on the street) do?  So I'm afraid one has to be even more careful with that thing in the future....
I totally agree with all of you. The fact is that Google is the first to have a device like this, and many other companies are working on something similar. Glass has already been rooted so if you are concerned about privacy you are welcome to write your own software and OS for it.

Just because you don't have a google or facebook account doesn't mean you are not being monitored. Your name and identifying info are on hundreds of government databases, your phone stores your GPS coordinates every few minutes, on your drive to work you are recorded on by a few dozen cameras, every text message, email, purchases, and phone call are recorded. Your privacy died in 2000, it just took you 13 years to realize it.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:51:26 PM

Just because you don't have a google or facebook account doesn't mean you are not being monitored. Your name and identifying info are on hundreds of government databases, your phone stores your GPS coordinates every few minutes, on your drive to work you are recorded on by a few dozen cameras, every text message, email, purchases, and phone call are recorded. Your privacy died in 2000, it just took you 13 years to realize it.

I'm very much aware that keeping a private life is very difficult nowadays, but I'm doing my best in that game, and I believe I'm pretty successful. I have a trick: I never plan things more than a few months in advance. I mean I don't know in what country I will be staying in November. I really don't know.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
super3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:17:32 AM

Finally got my app working. I overlayed the screenshot with one of the photos I took a the Bitcoin Miami conference.

super3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:23:02 AM

This is a better picture and straight from glass:

eafdeafd

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

This is a better picture and straight from glass:

That looks really cool. Just a suggestion, though - why not average the price across various exchanges like preev.com does?
super3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:36:48 PM

No reason not to. Can do that in about 5 minutes, but my priority is cleaning some of the backend code up first.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: